Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

300 pushups a day challenge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If you're doing nothing else, most certainly.

Even better if you do them properly.

If you're doing other chest-related work, it might not be optimal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

You'll get seriously good at doing push-ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Even better if you do them properly

This. So many people seem to treat them like a race.
    If I was to do pushups I'd be doing them 2 seconds down, hold for 1 second, 2 seconds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

This. So many people seem to treat them like a race.

Push ups and burpees are the worst for being abused like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

Majority will fall out the quick fix wagon and the rest will pick up an injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Any workout with the number 300 is fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Push ups and burpees are the worst for being abused like that.

"just to finish off this session, we're gonna do some maor CROSSFIT!

...200 burpees, in your own time go on"

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I think I'm going to do 300 pushups now, just to see if I am able to do it. I might have to take a break halfway though. I guess I really have nothing better to do with my evening sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Blue Whale

World record for non stop push ups is something like 10000.

And I was pleased with managing 25 in a row although struggled to get ten at the start.

40 in a row would be reasonable?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 shneakynaggin

If you either want to discourage yourself from exercise, or get yourself a nice overuse injury, then sure go for it.

I have been working out for a decade, and picked up some related qualifications along the way and I doubt i could manage to get to day four of this "challenge"

You want a challenge, get a do-able one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

You are better off being able to do a certain amount of pushups properly and then increasing complexity rather than doing endless pushups.

Ido Portal and Coach Sommers of Gymnastic bodies are of the opinion - 5 x 5 of a specific BW exercise is sufficient. If you can 5 proper reps and 5 sets, its time to increase complexity. The strength benefits are greater than endless reps of the exercise. I've recently adopted this approach and it makes sense. This is of course contingent on your goals.

Advertisement