Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bug Reports for the new Boards.ie Skin

Comments

Like it on the laptop but consistently crashed dolphin hd on my android.. Stopped loading page at 75% and then the entire browser would crash so I changed back to the old one.

This is for the desktop version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

This "bug" is highly minor - feel free to ignore! The image next to my name in the top right corner is broken. It's pointing to https://avatar.b-static.net/275317.gif, which for me is an XML file:
    <Error>
    <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
    <Message>Access Denied</Message>
    <RequestId>315AF167FB41FE5D</RequestId>
    <HostId>
    pKJt/gZpLl/KJuL34FxZAfKMmHU12uPQnEA5xNo86U7Z84nPRuM+MzUlLIFr4qLM
    </HostId>
    </Error>

Screenshot attached.

As my UID is 275317 I assume https://avatar.b-static.net/X.gif gives the avatar of the user with UID X. For Denerick, who also doesn't have an avatar, an image does come up:

214534.gif

So perhaps there's a small bug in the .gif generation code. I won't change any of my avatar settings in the near future, if you want to play around with it!
    Thanks for the detailed report. It should be sorted now. Can I ask, did you used to have a custom avatar and then remove it? The avatar server was trying to deliver a custom avatar that didn't exist which is why you were getting that XML.

I'm getting the same as Eliot above whenever I do a search (although currently on the Grey skin). I also had a custom avatar months ago.

Here's the XML file if that helps:

https://avatar.b-static.net/288359.gif
    <Error>
    <RequestId>217D12B538292A00</RequestId>
    <HostId>
    ApuwW0xtp69OWtbqz1OUhA22R3PAEKTVncBFw7Wk2ZrBno2bUop7R2zGA+9EDmI6
    </HostId>
    </Error>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

RolandIRL wrote: »
    I'm getting the same as Eliot above whenever I do a search (although currently on the Grey skin). I also had a custom avatar months ago.

Here's the XML file if that helps:

https://avatar.b-static.net/288359.gif
    <Error>
    <RequestId>217D12B538292A00</RequestId>
    <HostId>
    ApuwW0xtp69OWtbqz1OUhA22R3PAEKTVncBFw7Wk2ZrBno2bUop7R2zGA+9EDmI6
    </HostId>
    </Error>

You should be fixed now, I'm on my way to look at the underlying issue at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

mel.b wrote: »
    I know ipad issues aren't at the top of your list at the moment but...

I'm having to double touch a lot of command buttons, such as 'go advanced', 'submit replies' and even the smilies for them to work atm

Hi, also having issues with Ipad, i cant move from forum to forum without opening in a new tab (or access my pms) if i try to insert a smiley it just closes my keyboard, same with submit reply.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Type: Suggestion
    Issue: How about a feature / option to allow sub-categories to open when you hover the mouse pointer over them?

for example, if I move the pointer to 'Rec' all the categories drop down, but I have to click the arrow to expand the motoring category.
    I would like an option for the sub category to drop down when I hover over.

Other than that I like the new look

Begrudgingly switched to the new one, and it's starting to grow on me (though I do still prefer the old forum name drop-downs).

Anyway, I haven't read the whole thread so unsure if this is covered already or not, but...

Type: Bug
    Issue: Header menu bar scrolls down with the page
    Browser & OS: Firefox (whatever the latest version is)
    Screen Resolution: Not 100% sure, but don't think it's relevant.

Pretty much, the menu bar scrolling down with you as you scroll the page takes up a lot of space and I hate it, so I turned it off on my profile and all was good in the world.

However, every time I return to boards (after logging out and back in again), despite the scrolling option still being turned off in my profile, the menu bar reverts to scrolling down with me. To put it back to normal (non-scrolling), I have to change the setting back to allowing it to scroll, save the setting, and then go back and turn it off again.

Then it's fine, until I log back out and log in again (in which case it goes back to scrolling down with me, and I've to repeat the above).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

^^^yup, known bug. Firefox 14 came out the other day so you're aswell give the version number if reporting a bug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Morning,

Type: Other
    Issue: When trying to open a private forum (OTG) from a bookmark, being logged out, I'm getting the following error message
    213941.JPG

Browser & OS: IE8 running on XP service pack 3
    Screen Resolution: unknown

I can log in fine by going to the home page or clicking the log in (top right), but then I've got to navigate through the menus to find the forum.

Not a major issue, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Cheers.

^^^yup, known bug. Firefox 14 came out the other day so you're aswell give the version number if reporting a bug.

Well I don't really know what version I have (it usually just automatically updates itself). Not sure if it's been fixed or if I'm just lucky, but it's not scrolling down with me since logging in this morning...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Finding it hard to log in on Firefox 4.0(?) with new skin. The login button on the homepage times out. Had been logging in by clicking on post reply or new thread in any forum but now thats timing out as well. Yet when I click on post new thread on a forum that allows anonymous posting it connects instantly to allow me to start a new thread.

Switch to IE and could use the login link from the boards.ie homepage.

Posted this already on the Feedback thread, without realizing there was one here too -

Type: (Possible) Bug
    Issue: My Forums drop down not displaying correctly whatsoever

dropdown.jpg

I'm running Windows 7 and Google Chrome (most recent version)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Alqua

Just today -
    Noticed that the list of forums at the top of the page isn't showing up for me at all - appears for a second when the page is loading and then disappears leaving only two options - Boards and Adverts. Possible bug?

This is what I see:
    2q1dhr5.jpg

Am on a mac and using safari. The new look as been working fine for me up until now. So maybe I am alone in this and it's a temporary thing(!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭1stimpressions

Hi, when you log in now you are taken to a new screen whereas before you could do it on the homepage and now when I do it I could returned to the home screen. Before it returned you to whatever page you were on and not automatically the homepage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Hi, when you log in now you are taken to a new screen whereas before you could do it on the homepage and now when I do it I could returned to the home screen. Before it returned you to whatever page you were on and not automatically the homepage.

This issue will be resolved this evening or tomorrow.

Thanks,

Danny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Not sure if it should be classed as a bug - but one difference I have noted is how to use the multi-quote tool.

Say I want to quote 2 posts

Before: Select first multiquote post; then merely selected the quote button on the 2nd post.
    Now: Select first multiquote post; then select 2nd multipost quote and now finally select the quote button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Taltos wrote: »
    Not sure if it should be classed as a bug - but one difference I have noted is how to use the multi-quote tool.

Before: Select first multiquote post; then merely selected the quote button on the 2nd post.
    This method still works fine for me on the new skin

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Taltos wrote: »

Now: Select first multiquote post; then select 2nd multipost quote and now finally select the quote button.
    28064212 wrote: »
    This method still works fine for me on the new skin

And me, in fact I've just used it the very way Taltos described with no issues :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Posted this already on the Feedback thread, without realizing there was one here too -

Type: (Possible) Bug
    Issue: My Forums drop down not displaying correctly whatsoever

dropdown.jpg

I'm running Windows 7 and Google Chrome (most recent version)

i get the above on Win7 running firefox, however to night's little bug is

F0D5B8EDD0FF45C09BB7FB7ECD1F1A24-0000322242-0002942285-00500L-9A62AE9C5CEC46B88EF6FDEFB22449F2.png

Also when i get a new PM it doesnt appear after my name ..

HOR..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Has the new skin died ? Nothing but text loading for me here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Has the new skin died ? Nothing but text loading for me here.

The Menu bar has disappeared off the old Beta skin too which I am assuming is related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I'm getting no CSS data whatsoever it seems.

This is what I'm seeing at the moment. With chrome on ubuntu, same on firefox.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/554559/214576.png

Edit, un embedding image as it makes thing a lot more confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Same problem here, text only loading.

Tried on Chrome, Firefox and IE and all having same problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Who temporarily deleted the stylesheets? :D

Sorry a screwed up deployment there. We should be back now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, sorry if that's the case.

Issue: The new security question shouldn't postlink to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=12345 it should link to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=12345 (incidentally, I love the new stupid-tax security question format, cheers, should help a lot, in fact, I think spam is down significantly recently)

This is so that the 'When did User2 make this post' question, the user won't miss the top of User2's post due to either the top bar getting in the way, or more importantly, when they inevitably scrollup and down before full page load thereby making them miss the relevant post they need to check.

I don't think the Browser/OS/Res is important for this as it's not really about the design.

Oh, and well done on the new skin, great job :) I'll be converting to it tomorrow and I'm looking forward to the Black Cloud scheme #nostalgia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Boards.ie: Tony

Gordon wrote: »

Issue: The new security question shouldn't postlink to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=12345 it should link to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=12345 (incidentally, I love the new stupid-tax security question format, cheers, should help a lot, in fact, I think spam is down significantly recently)

This is so that the 'When did User2 make this post' question, the user won't miss the top of User2's post due to either the top bar getting in the way, or more importantly, when they inevitably scrollup and down before full page load thereby making them miss the relevant post they need to check.

I don't think the Browser/OS/Res is important for this as it's not really about the design.

Oh, and well done on the new skin, great job :) I'll be converting to it tomorrow and I'm looking forward to the Black Cloud scheme #nostalgia.

Thanks Gordon,

Will have this looked at the morning!

T.

Gordon wrote: »

Thanks Gordon. I'll take a look at that tomorrow. I haven't pulled any stats on how spam levels have changed since we moved to the new registration process, hopefully we'll at least bamboozle the really dumb vBulletin bots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What date did the new registration come into place, the 17th?

Yup. Same day as we went default with the new skin.

• Advertisement

The number of people banned for spam has been almost halved over the 9 day period since the launch and the 9 days before that. I'm not sure of the stats on automated/stream spam though from looking at the data it appears to be down a fair bit too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Looking at Dav's post RE the new Terms & Privacy Policy there seems to be an issue with escaped text in thread titles where ampersands are displaying as & - its displaying that way in the thread list on the homepage, the breadcrumbs and above the first post in the thread.

214760.png

214761.png

214762.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭View

Don't know if this has been reported already but on an iPAD using Safari it was possible under the old version of Boards to login and post while a) in privacy mode and b) with cookies "switched off".

Under the new version, that is no longer possible and it is very annoying that is the case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭Lockedout

I had an old user name but when the new site was set up -my password disappeared. I no longer operate the e mail account I used to set up the account. I have contacted customer service but they were of no help. I cant switch back to old view which might have allowed me to go back-it does not appear on my screen. I have effectively been thrown off this site.Please let me stay as locked out-unless you can tell me how I can undo this bug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

hey guys is there any news on a dark theme for the new skin? i love the new one but switched back to cloud until the dark one is released

Lockedout wrote: »
    I had an old user name but when the new site was set up -my password disappeared. I no longer operate the e mail account I used to set up the account. I have contacted customer service but they were of no help. I cant switch back to old view which might have allowed me to go back-it does not appear on my screen. I have effectively been thrown off this site.Please let me stay as locked out-unless you can tell me how I can undo this bug.

If you don't know your password and no longer have access to the email address on the account we have no way of identifying you so there's nothing we can do to help.

If you're using google chrome and you have a saved password you can pull the password from the saved passwords database by clicking the wrench icon, going to settings, clicking "show advanced settings" and clicking "Manage saved passwords". If you're using another browser there is probably a similar way to do it I just don't know it off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Boards.ie: Tony

hey guys is there any news on a dark theme for the new skin? i love the new one but switched back to cloud until the dark one is released

Still currently in the design phase.
    Just have a few other projects that are being juggled at the moment, but it's not been forgotten.

I hope to have it sooner rather than later.

Will get some more info for you guys and give more concrete details in the next few days.

It's in progress. We're a little understaffed with summer holidays at the moment so it will probably be another couple of weeks. We will post an announcement when it's released.

If you don't know your password and no longer have access to the email address on the account we have no way of identifying you so there's nothing we can do to help.

If you're using google chrome and you have a saved password you can pull the password from the saved passwords database by clicking the wrench icon, going to settings, clicking "show advanced settings" and clicking "Manage saved passwords". If you're using another browser there is probably a similar way to do it I just don't know it off the top of my head.

Unfortunately dont use goggle chrome so my former name RIP-manslaughter. I have no problem with new identity so long as you guys dont. My password was saved on old view which I cant access either . In my forums-it just says "loading" for about an hour.

If I was informed of my previous e mail-I would know my password for that account as I only use so many passwords. I just cant recall which one I was using . Must be one I dont use any more. Address gone out of my head.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately dont use goggle chrome so Flashgordon197 RIP-manslaughter. I have no problem with new identity so long as you guys dont. My password was saved on old view which I cant access either .

We don't have a problem, no. You're not alone, after the password wipe in January 2010 there were a good few users we couldn't reunite with their accounts.
    In my forums-it just says "loading" for about an hour.

What is your browser, browser version and operating system?

How do I check my operating sys? I know its a simple thing? Anyway Im happy enough with my new identity.

I've just deployed a change to our XHR client that may have fixed the issue some people have been having with My Forums not loading correctly. It's hard to be sure since it was difficult to reproduce anyway so if you could all clear your caches, log out and back in again and let me know if it's still occurring that would be much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I've just deployed a change to our XHR client that may have fixed the issue some people have been having with My Forums not loading correctly. It's hard to be sure since it was difficult to reproduce anyway so if you could all clear your caches, log out and back in again and let me know if it's still occurring that would be much appreciated.

Still not working on Chrome 20.0.1132.57 and Safari 6, OSX Mountain Lion.

Open Chrome. Press F12 to bring up Developer Tools. Go to the Console Tab. Type the following in the console (where the blue > is) and hit enter.
    Boards.Menu.refreshFollowed();

Report back any errors that appear. Check your My Forums is rendered, or not as the case may be.

If not, click the Resources tab. Then Local Storage (or session storage if you don't click Remember Me when you log in to Boards), then in one of the possibly many keys titled www.boards.ie you should see some data with the key titled /user/followedforums - please paste the data here, or if you consider it sensitive drop us a PM :)

Danny

Open Chrome. Press F12 to bring up Developer Tools. Go to the Console Tab. Type the following in the console (where the blue > is) and hit enter.
    Boards.Menu.refreshFollowed();

Report back any errors that appear. Check your My Forums is rendered, or not as the case may be.

If not, click the Resources tab. Then Local Storage (or session storage if you don't click Remember Me when you log in to Boards), then in one of the possibly many keys titled www.boards.ie you should see some data with the key titled /user/followedforums - please paste the data here, or if you consider it sensitive drop us a PM :)

Danny

ScreenShot2012-07-27at171844.png

• Advertisement

You click Remember Me when you logged in?

Either way, go to the console and type Boards.Client.clearStorage(); and refresh the page, let us know if it's still an issue.

You click Remember Me when you logged in?

Either way, go to the console and type Boards.Client.clearStorage(); and refresh the page, let us know if it's still an issue.

Nope, LastPass logs me in.

Seems to be ok now anyways, thanks.

Edit- Nope, gone again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

The 'unfollow' button at the top of threads is not working with the ipad at the moment, however i can go in through my notifications to unfollow a thread.

Having the same issue as Keith with the My Forums no loading. Happens quite regularly. Using Chrome.

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Having the same issue as Keith with the My Forums no loading. Happens quite regularly. Using Chrome.

Can you follow the same steps as I gave KeithM89 and post your own screenshots, we might be able to identify a pattern :)

Danny

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement