Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 Mod Warning Post #6378

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Newcastle is the only banker from our last 6 games.

You could make an argument for us winning all 6 (our difficult games are at home, we are in great form etc).
    Similarly you could argue that each one is a potential banana skin (WHU away is always tough and Allardyce will have his team set up to exploit our weakness at the back. City have the best XI in the league ...)

Since Christmas I have been looking at our upcoming fixtures telling myself we are going to trip up. We have been nearly flawless in that time. There is no reason why the team can't keep surprising me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think Norwich should be okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

a word on everyone from yesterday, because I think it's deserved.

Mignolet made one or 2 good stops, ones you'd expect him to make, but still did what was asked of him well.

Flannagan was fine. he still makes me nervous when on the ball, and he needs to curb his tackles ever so slightly, but his assist for Coutinho was sublime.

Johnson was better than he has been. he still gets in the same positions, but at least he executed well yesterday, which made a huge difference, and made the first goal. about time.

Skrtel was dominant, and his block on Eriksen was astounding in the first half. He looks great when we're comfortable, but when it gets nervy, like against Sunderland midweek, he seems to start to shít his pants. great stuff from him yesterday though.

Agger goes about his business efficiently and quietly. Soldado outpacing him was a worry with a likely game against Aguero to come soon, but he did well. one block from him second half was also brilliant.

Gerrard walked through the game. he distributed the ball well, and did all he needed to. Eriksen got a decent bit of joy between the lines which was worrying, but Stevie generally did very well.

Henderson was Henderson. he was our legs, and his passing is becoming so assured. delighted he got a goal and it is simply incredible how far he has come in less than a year. brilliant stuff from the lad.

Coutinho was magic. just magic. his ability to elude players is so valuable, and relieves pressure in a way that means so many of our "clearances" become counter attacks. he reads the game so well when we're defending - it's amazing how many times he is the guy to pick up the ball from a clearance.

I wanted Sterling loaned at the start of the season. I'm a moron. I wouldn't sell him for £40m now. the lad is going to be a superstar. his decision making is on a whole other level to what it was a year ago. he should've had 4 assists yesterday.

There's nothing left to say about Suarez. he just was what he always is. i wanted him gone after his "come and get me" shíte at the start of the season. I'm so glad Rodgers is the manager and not me. he is absolutely irreplaceable. his celebration after his goal is probably my favourite of recent times. he wants this, and he wants it bad.

Sturridge was ok. if nothing else, he always give the opposition something to think about. if he doesn't play well, he creates space for Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho with his intelligent runs and use of space.

i just love this team. i love watching them, i love supporting them, and it's amazing how much belief they have.

i don't think we're favourites, and until yesterday, i was still trying to convince myself that we're not really in this race. but we are. and it's been far far far too long.

6 more finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭Cartman78

SlickRic wrote: »
    I wanted Sterling loaned at the start of the season. I'm a moron. I wouldn't sell him for £40m now. the lad is going to be a superstar. his decision making is on a whole other level to what it was a year ago. he should've had 4 assists yesterday.

I thought he should have gone for that goal rather than squaring for Hendo.....but looked very threatening when he came

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Might have to win ugly at west ham they will bring us down to their level when you get booed at home after winning you must be playing some tripe

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Cartman78 wrote: »
    I thought he should have gone for that goal rather than squaring for Hendo.....but looked very threatening when he came

All the same Henderson should have passed that into the net.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

...and what get whipped off then?? ;)

SlickRic wrote: »

Agger goes about his business efficiently and quietly. Soldado outpacing him was a worry with a likely game against Aguero to come soon, but he did well. one block from him second half was also brilliant.

this for me was the #1 negative shock from yesterday.

I cringed a little when I watched Soldado chase him down.
    Agger looked so leggy and I dont think its fitness :o

One area I think opposition managers would have noted yesterday as a possible weakness,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,283 ✭✭✭✭rob316

West Ham will be a tough game but if we keep the ball on the ground and hit them with pace and power we will be fine. They are an awful awful football team, there game plan consists of landing it on carrolls head and carroll knocking it down to a midfield runner. While I don't want to upset the defence I think Sakho would be a better choice for this game. Carroll will have a point to prove no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

Is it just me that was surprised that Coutinho's shot was on target?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Can't understand how some Liverpool fans are trying to 'play down' title chances. If City/Chelsea were in your position you's would all be saying they'd win it:P. League is in Pools hand as much as it pains me to say. But yous have been great to watch this season and that's with an awful back 4. Well done Rodgers.

because even at this stage we will be call deluded still :D:P:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

We need to start beating the teams above us lads:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Surely Rodgers nailed on for March manager of the month although Everton have won all theirs too.

Untitled.jpg

The difference a year makes

117bxjp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

gafferino wrote: »
    Surely Rodgers nailed on for March manager of the month although Everton have won all theirs too.

Untitled.jpg

Let it go to Martinez #underdogs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭brevity

Sterling always seems to be a bit nervous when he gets in goal scoring positions. He was pretty much 1 on 1 with Lloris, had he a bit more confidence I think he would have jinked right and passed the ball in the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭flanzer

Just looking at the Spurs team yesterday. I was disgusted when Siggurdsson turned us down, disgusted we didn't go for Lamela (who?), utterly disgusted we didn't pursue Eriksson more. I hope I'll be saying the same about Salad and Will.I.An after the Chelsea game

Well what the fook would I know! I'm a moron that know fook all about how players will fit in. I get up on a Monday full of the joys of life, eager to talk about the weekends games with the United and Chelsea fans I work with

This is how good I feel:
    6a00d8341c387d53ef017615158bac970c-800wi

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Remember this last May? Thank you to the person in possession of that lamp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

mike65 wrote: »

That says more about the likes of Fulham, Sunderland, Cardiff & West Brom than it does about Norwich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

flanzer wrote: »

This is how good I feel:
    6a00d8341c387d53ef017615158bac970c-800wi

How do I tell you you have a cock on your arse without sounding rude?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

mayordenis wrote: »
    The old 17 minute wait between reposting the same comment, a classic move.

Oops, classic mistake more like- damn iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I just woke up. Awkward phone call into work

This Liverpool being good stuff is getting out of hand.

Newcastle is the only banker from our last 6 games.
    mike65 wrote: »
    GTR63 wrote: »
    That says more about the likes of Fulham, Sunderland, Cardiff & West Brom than it does about Norwich.

I meant beating Norwich should be easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Let it go to Martinez #underdogs

Well Martinez deserves credit for the great run they are on. But the manner of our victories and the teams (Utd away in particular) we played would swing it for Rodgers IMO. P5 W5 18 goals scored 4 against.

#impressive.

monkey9 wrote: »
    I just woke up. Awkward phone call into work

This Liverpool being good stuff is getting out of hand.

tell me about it.

Have a few things in work that look like to be all coming to a head in May.
    I have already told colleagues that we will need to make sure everything is closed off before the weekend of May 11th cause I (fingers crossed) I might be going A.W.O.L around then.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

gafferino wrote: »
    Well Martinez deserves credit for the great run they are on. But the manner of our victories and the teams (Utd away in particular) we played would swing it for Rodgers IMO. P5 W5 18 goals scored 4 against.

#impressive.

Let Martinez have manager of the month ,Brendan will get Manager of the year and a prem title .

How many games do players need to have been in to get a PL medal, if Liverpool won it would be unfortunate if say Moses got one and Enrique didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Players are required to have made 10 appearances in a club's first team to qualify for a medal.

Clubs must submit an application for additional medals to be awarded to players who have not reached this tally.

from Here

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/minimum-games-played-in-order-to-win-league-medal.html

Jose has only played 7 ,but I imagine the club will apply on his behalf

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

this calendar year we have won 11 out of 13 with 2 draws, scoring 44 times conceding 16. The team has been stellar in the wins against Arsenal, United and Spurs esp. I just hope to god Kolo isn't remembered for THAT pass costing us the title.
    What BR has done at Anfield is nothing short of astonishing.

• Advertisement

this calendar year we have won 11 out of 13 with 2 draws, scoring 44 times conceding 16. The team has been stellar in the wins against Arsenal, United and Spurs esp. I just hope to god Kolo isn't remembered for THAT pass costing us the title.
    What BR has done at Anfield is nothing short of astonishing.

You could blame Rodgers for a terrible set up against Villa or the same error against Soton at home or Hull away. It would be harsh to fix on one player.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement