Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 Mod Warning Post #6378

1195196197198199201»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Rodgers said yesterday we needed "5 or 6" players.

Can't link cos I'm on phone and too lazy to get off my arse,walk to the kitchen and post a link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

Assuming susos red today is 3 game suspension which i assume it is his time in spain is finished. Just looking there hes scored 3 goals and has 7 assists in 33 games, involved in a goal or so every 3 games which is a good enough return for what was ultimately his first professional season. Hes also racked up roughly a yellow every 3 games too, seems to be a bad tackler but hey ho.
    Will be interesting to see what happens with him, fits the profile of an attacker able to play multiple positions but with other returning loaness and possible other attacking reinforcements coming in i personally wouldnt be surprised to see him loaned again or possibly sold. Hopefully gets a chance to impress on pre season.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Rodgers said yesterday we needed "5 or 6" players.

Can't link cos I'm on phone and too lazy to get off my arse,walk to the kitchen and post a link.

Around this time before a window opens Rodgers always sounds out what he would like, but history has taught us he never gets what he wants, and in some windows he gets no reinforcements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,629 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

gosplan wrote: »
    For me, and I take no delight in City or Liverpool winning, there was a lack of respect from certain Liverpool fans, who seemed to take delight in slagging off others who they were now 'better than'.

All that said, there are obviously a vast majority of Liverpool fans who stick to this thread and don't really care about other teams.

Maybe it's just cause you're so widely supported you get more of the lowest common denominator?

It's not really just consigned to boards or anything either. There's a few who just wanted to compare Liverpool to your team and point out how sh1t you were doing in comparison.

I think this crowing is what put some people off the idea of a Liverpool title.

And just before everyone goes mad at me in here, this applies to pretty much no-one posting in here right now.

But I think it's cause Liverpool haven't been up there for a few years. If it does slip away (no pun intended), I'd expect these Liverpool fans to just get on board with a title campaign next year rather than focus on the fact you're finishing above Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Edit: and though I'm not including him in the fans I've spoken about, I still say it was all Ageuroooo's fault. If there was ever a jinx, that's one right there.

If you use that logic, who would you like to see win?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Around this time before a window opens Rodgers always sounds out what he would like, but history has taught us he never gets what he wants, and in some windows he gets no reinforcements.

That's true but things are different now. Can't use the "no Champions League" excuse any more. This Summer will tell us a lot about Ian Ayre and his ability to close deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Seeing as there's no CL qualification to worry about it'd be nice to get some signings sorted pre world cup

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Seeing as there's no CL qualification to worry about it'd be nice to get some signings sorted pre world cup

Me too but I doubt it.

I'm guessing there will be a loads of 12th hour deals this next window and Jim and the Sky ticker bar will be jizzing along. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

and another 10,000 posts drifts by and hardly a child in the house washed.

Agueroooo - positive thoughts only about the summer thank you.
    Knex. 482
    Turtyturd 310
    rarnes1 305
    Grayditch 258
    djPSB 214
    Devilman40k 191
    Agueroooo 184
    gafferino 170
    Dickerty 153
    OwaynOTT 149
    5live 148
    mike65 136
    Agent Coulson 135
    5starpool 123
    Charlie19 121
    rob316 113
    klose 110
    Vicxas 104
    Nuri Sahin 103
    Eight Ball 102

rarnes1 wrote: »

Sure where's the fun in that? Lets leave it till the last minute and then sign nobody but it'll be grand cos we'll be even more "galvanised". :p

Sorry Mike.

• Advertisement

I'm determined to have the last word in this thread.

Mod??

Anyone there??

Sigh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭emo72

i hope we dont do a "spurs" and bring in a load of new players. how many times have you seen that and it all goes pear shaped. new players need time to bed in.

Nice try...

Last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

gosplan wrote: »
    No, I consider the £1 to be an ill thought out and ultimately provocative gesture. Not sure if Wenger was being cheap or cheeky but it did Arsenal no favours.

Does that somehow absolve others though?

Nice though. I make a negative comment, so your comeback is to have a go at my team, tell me my (incorrect opinion) if the situation and then ask me am I serious about the opinion you just gave me.

Nice mature well thought out debating style.

My issue with Henry, if you're interested, is in the needless crowing about his actions a few weeks back. It was all a bit smug and self congratulatory.
    My apologies, good sir.

I mistakenly read your post as 'holier than thou'.

I agree with all of the above. Henrys comment was probably intended as a joke comment but was in poor taste, especially as clubs need to maintain a certain level of civility to continue to do business in transfers.

Neither side emerged unblemished from the incident.

Go away.

Last.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement