Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the most hurtful thing you've ever said to someone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

One time when I was in school, we were on a trip to the zoo. I saw this one guy from my class, sitting on a wall alone. So I sauntered over and started slagging the crap out of him. Cant remember what exactly it was that I said, but I was ranting on like a little shit. And then he burst into tears. I have never felt so low in my life. I never did anything like that again. I felt awful for the poor guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 PirateGirl

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    When my house mate asked me if I had seen where she might have placed her hoodie, I replied "you probably ate it"

SHE is very selfconcious about her weight.

I've also no idea why I said it, and for no reason either.
    hahaha!! god i've said some mean things, often true... but the truth hurts the most!! i called my sister "shark teeth" during a fight,her teeth were always really crooked and mine were always perfect-this hit a terrible nerve and she,eh,beat me up a bit.... i told my exboyfriend i faked it everytime with him for like 3years (the truth shall set you free) and he had a massive tantrum...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

PirateGirl wrote: »
    hahaha!! god i've said some mean things, often true... but the truth hurts the most!! i called my sister "shark teeth" during a fight,her teeth were always really crooked and mine were always perfect-this hit a terrible nerve and she,eh,beat me up a bit.... i told my exboyfriend i faked it everytime with him for like 3years (the truth shall set you free) and he had a massive tantrum...

Rubbish...women don't fake it except prostitutes...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I remember hearing a woman tell her child in the middle of a supermarket aisle when the child was being difficult that she should have had an abortion when she was pregnant with him.. thought it was one of the most shocking things I've ever heard a parent say to a child!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

I called an old lady a bigot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Sitting on the local green with a small bunch of lads and girls. One girls who was on a bit of a downer eventually breaks down and starts telling us all how she was thinking of killing herself. My friend jumped up and said to hold on a minute.

He ran into his house just across the road, came nearly straight back out and said "Early birthday present," while throwing something to her. She caught it and looked at the package then ran away screaming with tears.

As she ran away and we all looked down at the pack of razor blades on the grass I have never felt more proud and more disgusted in my entire life at one person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Your mate is an absolute pr!ck and there is nothing to be proud of there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Your mate is an absolute pr!ck and there is nothing to be proud of there.
    +1 but I think he ment he never felt more proud and bigger than his friend and more disgusted for his friend for what he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

fuck off and die

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

i hate you is probably the worst... i've had some very hateful things said to me.. considering i'm in a class full of over confident, show off boys (the girls are fine) they are so hateful sometimes!!! The other day they come over laugh at my picture then i tell them to bug of then they translate that to f*** off then i get told off and told to goto head but i didn't go... no thanks.. shes such a cow though she actually believes people like that. who are always in trouble. and when theres a row between me and a pile of people ganging up she sticks up for them. She made it obvious she hates me anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

"No-one will ever love you as much as I do, I mean seriously...look at you."

I never said that. It was unfortunately directed towards me emphasis was put on the words in bold at the time.

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    "No-one will ever love you as much as I do, I mean seriously...look at you."

I never said that. It was unfortunately directed towards me emphasis was put on the words in bold at the time.
    :eek: What a heartless bastard!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Creed Bratton

"Get a life, then end it" is a personal favourite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

you are such a meanie bo beenie

and I stamped my foot too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Bonito wrote: »

i bet you it was a girl too... the really bitchy things always seem to be done by girls!!

• Advertisement

Yup.

In fairness he was reacting in anger to me ending things, after his begging didn't work. He said plenty other things but I think the fact he really meant that, stuck with me the most. :(

As for me...I guess the most hurtful thing I've said involved the boy who said that hateful thing to me!
    • We are finished...OVER. Listen to what I am saying, I never want to see you again. **** off.
    • I do NOT love you anymore. Get the **** out of my house.
    He seriously wouldn't leave the house. So I literally had to fling him out! :pac:

Teenage love. Thank feic that's all done with.

EDIT: Ahhh...Owenc I'm a girl and it was the boy who got nasty with me first as he couldn't handle the breakup >.<

owenc wrote: »
    i bet you it was a girl too... the really bitchy things always seem to be done by girls!!
    I don't think TT is a minge muncher! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭Archeron

"Luke, I am your father"

That came as a shock to him.

I don't think TT is a minge muncher! :pac:

You are so poetic with your words :pac:

You are so poetic with your words :pac:
    Why, thank you my dear.

*sips tea with outstretched pinky looking straight ahead and keeping back perfectly straight*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

"I dont love you anymore"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Yup.

In fairness he was reacting in anger to me ending things, after his begging didn't work. He said plenty other things but I think the fact he really meant that, stuck with me the most. :(

As for me...I guess the most hurtful thing I've said involved the boy who said that hateful thing to me!
    • We are finished...OVER. Listen to what I am saying, I never want to see you again. **** off.
    • I do NOT love you anymore. Get the **** out of my house.
    He seriously wouldn't leave the house. So I literally had to fling him out! :pac:

Teenage love. Thank feic that's all done with.

EDIT: Ahhh...Owenc I'm a girl and it was the boy who got nasty with me first as he couldn't handle the breakup >.<
    Well you could have included that in your first post... provides a bit more context

Well you could have included that in your first post... provides a bit more context

It only asked for what the most hurtful thing you/someone has said so I didn't want to write an essay!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bow wow

Do what you want... you will anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I never want to try to recall the things said to me or that I have said in the past to hurt someone, breakups are horrible things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

i've said some horrendous things to people over the years.i get extremely angry when someone hurts my family/friends, so i always manage to blurt out the most awful home truths in a fit of rage :o

Go on givas a sample... your oulone is a bitch.....go easy now I'm jokin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

I pinched this one from an old Wexford man many moons ago, he was talking about his wife?
    Your the greatest ould cnut that ever pissed through hair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

I screamed at Thierry Henry that I hope he gets cancer in his bollocks.

Winrar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

"I will throw your handicapped babies in the toilet"

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

"Your nothin but two ends of a cúnt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Fúck off you adopted príck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Bolag_the_2nd

years ago, after giving out to my daughter, she was about 10, she shouted that she didnt love me, i just broke down, that was the most hurtful thing ever. ive a lump in my throat even typing this.:(

years ago, after giving out to my daughter, she was about 10, she shouted that she didnt love me, i just broke down, that was the most hurtful thing ever. ive a lump in my throat even typing this.:(
    They learn fast how to get their way don't they? :pac:

Teutorix wrote: »
    They learn fast how to get their way don't they? :pac:

they sure do, she couldnt have hit me any lower, 15 years later and it still gets to me:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I didn't say it to someone but about someone. I met an old primary school friend at a festival and i was asking about the others. One guys name came up and I asked about him. She reacted like it was something serious and I replied..."Is the prick dead? He was and awful.......(blah)" canyt remember the details...I was at a festival.

But she refused to tell me after. I may have said bad things about a dead/paralysed/god knows wtf happened person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

they sure do, she couldnt have hit me any lower, 15 years later and it still gets to me:(

I dont love you either.

I dont love you either.

i love you, mwah XXX mwah

i love you, mwah XXX mwah
    Gimmie 40 euro or i wont love you anymore either.

Teutorix wrote: »
    Gimmie 40 euro or i wont love you anymore either.

40 euro, jeasus your cheap :pac:

but cash on the way:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i told my mam that respect is earned and not given when i was around 16 in the middle of a fight

pretty sure that was the worst thing iv ever said to her

some of my actions have probably hurt her but words wise that was probably the worst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

When I was about 8 or 9 I wasn't getting my way over something, and I remember telling my mother she was a horrible mummy and I wish I had a nice one instead. And I said I didn't love her.

It makes me want to cry with shame when I think of the look on her face.:o

PeakOutput wrote: »
    i told my mam that respect is earned and not given when i was around 16 in the middle of a fight

pretty sure that was the worst thing iv ever said to her

some of my actions have probably hurt her but words wise that was probably the worst
    Giselle wrote: »
    When I was about 8 or 9 I wasn't getting my way over something, and I remember telling my mother she was a horrible mummy and I wish I had a nice one instead. And I said I didn't love her.

It makes me want to cry with shame when I think of the look on her face.:o

my daughter now 25 still says sorry to this day. words are far more hurtful than weapons. but cheer up, cos mammys always forgive there babies.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I've never had any doubt she forgave me, but I don't know if I could ever forgive myself.:o

One thing it taught me to do was walk away if I felt I was losing control of myself in a temper, because I might say things I don't mean, can never take back, and always regret.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

My Dad is not my biological father.....I never met my biological father and my dad is the only dad I have ever known. He raised me, provided for me and in his own way loved me.

I told him in an argument that he wasn't my dad anyway....
    I fucking hated myself afterwards.....and I didn't even have the decency to say sorry. I never went back to his house for nearly 2 years.

Another one was when I was a child, my dad use to work abroad in various places (Britland, Algeria and France to name a few) and one time when he was at home after I had an operation on my eye, he was trying to get me to wear an eye patch I was supposed to wear and I told him I wished he had never come home from Africa. I could tell that hurt him by the look in his face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

"so your mother's face" ;)

me and my housemates just use it as a joke to each other. combines "your ma" and "so's your face" for the ultimate iinsult :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

"Lets not turn this rape into a murder!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I remember when I found out a friend had back stabbed me I went crazy at her said everything and anything that came to my head horrible stuff that I wouldn't repeat but I don't feel bad she deserved what she got. It ended up being the best thing I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭4davis7

no offence to any of you but your all a**holes to your parents ive never been like that. if i was in a fight with them i just wouldn't talk to them or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

I once called somebody a piece of meat stuck in my teeth and told them that one day I would remove them with a tooth pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

"I hope you die screaming"

I didn't think it that bad, but she took it really badly. We'd only just met, but she'd insulted me, so I thought it worthy to reply.

• Advertisement
Advertisement