Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xXx

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

"Prepare to be attacked by the film snobs!"
    "But I did think some people on that thread were getting a little too excited in their hatred of the film."
    "Although it might be seen as commercial and not 'out-there' enough by some."
    Uh.
    Speaking as someone whose blood was boiled by this movie, for reasons already discussed, and the subsequent discussion on here, for reasons already discussed - I'm finding these last three comments pretty funny. This has now descended from a somewhat intelligent discussion about the merits of a incredibly well marketed/incredibly badly done movie to random pot shots towards the people who didn't like the movie.

Those of you watching at home, take note: posting random, vague insults when you cannot enforce, or even defend your opinion is a sure-fire way to make yourself look stupid.

Stay in school, kids.

(ps - "stalker"? Jesus.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭DrizztIE

I enjoyed the film, but it is more of taking the piss out of the Bond films... what most secret agent films should be made from now on +getting better everytime.

anyone agree or disagree? (let me know)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by daveirl
    How come people keep making out that Bond will be worth going to see. The last one was appauling!

I agree, I don't like Pierce Brosnan in the role of bond at all. The Sean Connery period had the only Bond's worth watching. With Brosnan, I just want to wipe that smirk off his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

ObeyGiant: After reading your essays I have decided that i MUST watch this film and form an opinion of my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I enjoyed the stunts and well... Vin Diesels not bad!!!
    The story line was lacking but I don't think anyone expects a storyline with a movie like this, all you should expect is the mad action scenes, the one-liners and scenes like the stripper in XXX's bedroom.
    The soundtrack sounds brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

xXx was meant ot be nothing more than an hour and hlaf of fun . pure and mindless fun so by discussing it here u rdoing something that u shouldn't be associating with xXx - using ur mind so why not just stop talking about it and go and c it and if u have seen it already go and c it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Well, that's me convinced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭DrizztIE

Originally posted by daveirl
    How come people keep making out that Bond will be worth going to see. The last one was appauling!

Your right boy, they're just not trying anymore... maybe it's just Bond films that make people go in and see it... to see if it improves or is
    crap
    . The last two Bond films was
    crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

XXX was a dumbed down version of James Bond, the one liners were absolute crap, the stunts totally and absolutely unbelievable. Don't go to see this film, its not the stunt filled brainless entertainment your looking for, it will just make you moan at how stupid it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It was Fun , you pay your money you buy your popcorn you sit and disengauge your cycnism . that is what this type of movies is all about.

Yes he is no James Bond but ask most 15 to 27 year old who they'd rather be and it aint Bond.

Standards have changed, Personally I loved the sence where the
    spy in the tux stood out like a sore thumb at the Ramstien concert.

So Bond has no tats, is not a brash yank, has a posh accent and wonderfully manners, but if offered a weekend away with either of them it would not be Bond i'd choose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well after every one saying dont go to see this film i went to see it and i really enjoyed it. Great stunts, crap dialogue, fine wemon, unoriginal story and nice cars.

What do ya want Jam on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

good to c i convinced u obeygiant ;)

Advertisement