Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Gap warning!!..

Options
  • 26-07-2015 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Taken from the lads in the motorcycle forum and in light of the (locked) thread re. the lad getting pushed from his bike I thought it would be a warning to heed for those of us here who cycle the gap.

THREAD
    A number of bikers have reported a seat leon playing a dangerous game with them this weekend in the Wicklow Gap area, just a head's up to watch out, car is light silver 11 reg if i'm allowed say that, if not, mod please rectify.
    Yeah seen that alright, one lad reported nearly getting taken out of it during the week. Now a group of lads today when up there they were actually aimed at by the on coming car a silver SEAT LEON by all accounts. When they got down the mountain other bikers said the same..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Update from biker.ie thread:
    Update.the prick was arrested yesterday on the gap..he also drove at a number of other bikers.this man has mental health issues and had been a nightmare to alot of people up there.garda arrested him when he resisted arrest... Baltinglass police are dealing with this

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ah, the Wicklow hills.

More absolute nutjobs per square KM than the rest of the country combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

no there's not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

seamus wrote: »
    Ah, the Wicklow hills.

What a completely idiotic statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭nilhg

We met him on Saturday morning, early, he was coming down towards Hollywood as we were going up, did a sudden stop and proceeded to have a little rant at us about riding 2x2, definitely not in the whole of his health but went on his way and we went on ours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Smudger80

Was coming down by massey wood two Sundays ago and a silver seat was coming up the hill he decided to play chicken with me I managed to squeeze past him,I wonder if this is the same nut job

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Smudger80 wrote: »
    Was coming down by massey wood two Sundays ago and a silver seat was coming up the hill he decided to play chicken with me I managed to squeeze past him,I wonder if this is the same nut job

And was he from the Wicklow Hills?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

What a completely idiotic statement.

I think Seamus was tongue in cheek, relax.

However it can be a pretty mad kip sometimes, and I cycle and ride my motorbike up there.. These days I'm riding my motorbike less and less because of the muppetry.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

sounds like its time for bike and car cams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Thankfully didnt meet Seat man but Wicklow CoCo have also made ****e of the roads up there people.
    The descent from WW gap towards Hollywood was freshly sprayed with tar and chippings on Saturday for about 2 miles so be careful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

Its a pity the Garda don't do anything about the speed some of the motorcyclists go up and down the Wicklow gap.
    I'm not saying all motorcyclists but every Sunday there are more then a few who have no respect for the other users of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Its a pity the Garda don't do anything about the speed some of the motorcyclists go up and down the Wicklow gap.
    I'm not saying all motorcyclists but every Sunday there are more then a few who have no respect for the other users of the road.

+1..and if they forced them to pay road tax, that would put manners on them! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Ah, the Wicklow hills.

What a pig ignorant thing to say...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Terribly sensitive souls in here sometimes. I should know better than to make jokes on a Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭horse7

Did they ever catch the guy in the phoenix park area,who while cycling on his own bike ,would come up from behind you (in cycle lane)and push you (on your bike) off balance and into the black metal rail or verge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭secman

What a pig ignorant thing to say...

Terrible slant on pigs.. I like pigs ☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Terribly sensitive souls in here sometimes. I should know better than to make jokes on a Monday.

Considering a far few boards members are from the areas, I would say it's a stupid thing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Considering a far few boards members are from the areas, I would say it's a stupid thing to say.

Seriously, grow a beard and a sense of humour. Chicks dig one and everybody digs the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,917 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Some of my best friends are from the Sally Gap.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

yes you should, thats what fridays are for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

07Lapierre wrote: »
    +1..and if they forced them to pay road tax, that would put manners on them! :P

I've been passed by groups of riders on motorbikes in the Dublin / Wicklow mountains at insane speeds.

What I find peculiar is that a lot of these guys are wearing the "polite" emblazoned hivis vests - they have chequer patterns as well and are presumably to make drivers think twice and be polite towards them (it also mimics a police top).

It's a pity this politeness doesn't extend from them towards cyclists - I'm sure the lads a few weeks ago had a bet as to how fast and how close they could pass me heading up the Wicklow way :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    I've been passed by groups of riders on motorbikes in the Dublin / Wicklow mountains at insane speeds.

What I find peculiar is that a lot of these guys are wearing the "polite" emblazoned hivis vests - they have chequer patterns as well and are presumably to make drivers think twice and be polite towards them (it also mimics a police top).

It's a pity this politeness doesn't extend from them towards cyclists - I'm sure the lads a few weeks ago had a bet as to how fast and how close they could pass me heading up the Wicklow way :(

Trust me even bikers (like me) are sick of them too. There are a lot of **** up there, trust me they don't represent me or other genuine bikers like me ~ they're ****, pure and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

Pinch Flat wrote: »

The guys with the polite tops on are cyclone couriers,i somehow doubt those guys would be wearing their work attire while tearing around on a social spin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

The guys with the polite tops on are cyclone couriers,i somehow doubt those guys would be wearing their work attire while tearing around on a social spin

Cyclone gave their couriers those jackets, but it certainly doesn't mean that they are the only bikers in Ireland with them. They're widely available online, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

cython wrote: »
    Cyclone gave their couriers those jackets, but it certainly doesn't mean that they are the only bikers in Ireland with them. They're widely available online, for example.

Yeah there the ones. I had a guy come up behind me in the bike lane a few weeks ago, revving his engine and barging by me into the advance box at the lights. He was wearing one of these.

My "Not very polite, is it?" quip got met by a puzzled look and muffled expletive through his helmet. He sped off and I continued on my merry way, perplexed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Is it just people on motorbikes he dislikes or is his grudge against everybody on two wheels?
    Somebody just shared a photo of him in the car on fb saying he was arrested but he was back up at the wicklow gap doing the same thing again after his arrest. The notice was put up on the Greystones fb forum yesterday evening

groovyg wrote: »
    Is it just people on motorbikes he dislikes or is his grudge against everybody on two wheels?
    Somebody just shared a photo of him in the car on fb saying he was arrested but he was back up at the wicklow gap doing the same thing again after his arrest. The notice was put up on the Greystones fb forum yesterday evening

Cant access it...is it in the charter to allow it posted here too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

You have to be signed into FB to view it.

groovyg wrote: »
    You have to be signed into FB to view it.

not on FB nor do i want to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I'd be one of those and can't say it bothered me.

Although I'm costal and not from the savage lands :D

Advertisement