Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Yeah, and then I admitted that it was a mess and that Whyte's a dick, what's your point ?

Everybody here knows how bad it is, this has **** all to do with 'educating Rangers fans'.

My point was that you are an example of who he is talking about! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Yeah, I'm sure that's why he posted that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Yeah, I'm sure that's why he posted that :rolleyes:

The point stands though Jelle. BobbySands81 has been saying it for months and was continuously shot down for it, people refused to believe it. On here and FF people said it won't happen because Rangers are too big, They are the people after all. This isn't about right or wrong, but the clip is laughable though as there is a lot of truth in the conversation, whether you want to believe that or not.

Would you believe it if it was Rangers fans saying the same things about Celtic ?

Because that's why nobody cared about it, Celtic fans seemed to be the only ones mentioning it (Oh, and the BBC, that bastion of honesty).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Would you believe it if it was Rangers fans saying the same things about Celtic ?

Because that's why nobody cared about it, Celtic fans seemed to be the only ones mentioning it (Oh, and the BBC, that bastion of honesty).

Ah yes, blaming the BBC again. My favourite paranoid rant after the FA being a Kangaroo court

Would you believe it if it was Rangers fans saying it all ?

I'm old and daft enough to remember the 90's when we were in the ****. I was told this by Rangers fans and the media on a continuous basis. I had no choice but to believe it Jelle, as much as I didn't want to believe this was happening to the club I love.
    This was enough for people to demand the truth, answers and change. What's happened at Rangers is a belief that it would never happen to them, and to be honest there's a part of me that understands that.

Do you think if the likes of The Gub/Dingwall/RST etc believed what was being said that something might have been done before it got to this?? My experiences on FF ( I know that forum isn't the voice of rangers fans) are seeing some people being banned for actually questioning Whyte. Now seems as if the penny is dropping for Dingwall.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Ah yes, blaming the BBC again. My favourite paranoid rant after the FA being a Kangaroo court

Nah, the 'FA' is nice, they helped us last season with Bougherra ;)

But there's no denying that BBC Scotland are a joke.

You won't be watching this then?
    Newsnight Scotland 11pm
    The guy who did the programme on Craig Whyte, Mark Daly, will be talking about the developments today. I know its the BBC but thought some might be intrested in what he has to say on this.

Mark Daly@markdaly2Reply
    Retweet

I'll be on @NewsnightScot tonight at 11 with a bit of analysis on the latest develoments with #Rangers
    Supposedly Dingwall and Spiers are on Scotland Tonight, STV at 10:30

I'm old and daft enough to remember the 90's when we were in the ****. I was told this by Rangers fans and the media on a continuous basis. I had no choice but to believe it Jelle, as much as I didn't want to believe this was happening to the club I love.
    This was enough for people to demand the truth, answers and change. What's happened at Rangers is a belief that it would never happen to them, and to be honest there's a part of me that understands that.

Do you think if the likes of The Gub/Dingwall/RST etc believed what was being said that something might have been done before it got to this?? My experiences on FF ( I know that forum isn't the voice of rangers fans) are seeing some people being banned for actually questioning Whyte. Now seems as if the penny is dropping for Dingwall.

Actually FF was where a lot of people were extremely sceptical about Whyte early on, but not everybody saw it which lead to some discussions.

• Advertisement

You seem to think that the allegiance of whoever is writing an article is more important than whether the information given is accurate or not. Thats what you've been at for months on this forum.

Seems that story the BBC ran on Whyte was more accurate than you ever wanted to give credit for! Tell me, did Whyte sue them in the end like he said he would? Are you still taking Whyte's word over the BBC?

Dempsey wrote: »
    You seem to think that the allegiance of whoever is writing an article is more important than whether the information given is accurate or not. Thats what you've been at for months on this forum.

Seems that story the BBC ran on Whyte was more accurate than you ever wanted to give credit for! Tell me, did Whyte sue them in the end like he said he would? Are you still taking Whyte's word over the BBC?

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying :rolleyes:

Give it a rest, putting words in my mouth (or trying to) is getting boring.
    The fact the BBC were claiming these things about Whyte doesn't change the fact they will do anything to smear the name of Rangers (McCoist's interview comes to mind, where they admitted to deliberately editing the video).

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying :rolleyes:

Give it a rest, putting words in my mouth (or trying to) is getting boring.

I remember the slating all the Rangers fans on here were doing about the BBC despite the fact the information they had was readily available from alternative sources. You all lapped up Whyte's statement about suing the BBC, thinking that he was telling the truth at the time, and stuck your heads back in the sand for another day.

I remember the slating all the Rangers fans on here were doing about the BBC despite the fact the information they had was readily available from alternative sources. You all lapped up Whyte's statement about suing the BBC, thinking that he was telling the truth at the time, and stuck your heads back in the sand for another day.

Thanks Captain Hindsight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭fionnsda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

You just dont understand the concept of hindsight do you?

• Advertisement

You just dont understand the concept of hindsight do you?

I think you're the one not fully grasping it's meaning.

What I quoted was stuff that happened months ago.
    So yeah, hindsight and all that.

Look it up.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75042032&postcount=1232

I knew about Whyte's past long before he bought Rangers, long before the BBC did their documentary. All you could was nitpick, deflect and refuse to accept the truth, like you did when the ticketus scandal broke.
    This thread seems to suggest otherwise. ;)

There's a difference between being involved in some dodgy deals, and the pure character assassination the BBC are doing now.
    Funny that Murray hasn't been mentioned even once in this documentary.
    After all, isn't he the one responsible for this whole mess ?

All the BBC have are allegations and suspicions, and they decide to spend an entire show on it, inviting some of the biggest Rangers haters out there in the process.
    Allow me to be extremely skeptical about their motives.

There was no explaining to you, regardless of where the information was coming from.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75042032&postcount=1232

I knew about Whyte's past long before he bought Rangers, long before the BBC did their documentary. All you could was nitpick, deflect and refuse to accept the truth, like you did when the ticketus scandal broke.

There was no explaining to you, regardless of where the information was coming from.

And... ?

I'm not too big to admit that I was wrong about Whyte, no idea why you feel the need to act as if I'm still defending him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

And... ?

I'm not too big to admit that I was wrong about Whyte, no idea why you feel the need to act as if I'm still defending him.

I think the point is you would rather argue black was white (whyte :D ) than listen to anything a celtic fan has to say.

And... ?

I was questioning his credentials long before he even completed his due diligence at rangers. Calling me captain hindsight is ridiculous given I was questioning how he would get through the fit and proper persons test! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Anyone watching 'Scotland Tonight' now on STV??

I was questioning his credentials long before he even completed his due diligence at rangers. Calling me captain hindsight is ridiculous given I was questioning how he would get through the fit and proper persons test! :rolleyes:

I called you Captain Hindsight because you felt it necessary to bring all that up.

What do you want, a medal ? ;)

Craig Whyte says he is 'personally guaranteed £27m' :D

Give the man a medal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

I called you Captain Hindsight because you felt it necessary to bring all that up.

and you questioned if someone else understood what Hindsight meant? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I think you're the one not fully grasping it's meaning.

What I quoted was stuff that happened months ago.
    So yeah, hindsight and all that.

Look it up.

No jellie, hindsight is being wise after the event, this was all said months ago but you chose to ignore it.
    It's more a case of 'i told you so' rather than hindsight.
    Oh i give up. Whats that old saying? "Never argue with a fool because they will drag you down to their level and beat you through experience" or something like that anyway.

bobmalooka wrote: »
    and you questioned if someone else understood what Hindsight meant? :)

Hindsight, as in 'In hindsight, Rangers fans should have listened to Celtic fans and the BBC'.

Seems fairly accurate to me.

edit: Spiers truly is a cretin of the highest order, a disgrace that he calls himself a Rangers fan.
    He's ****ting it from Dingwall :D

In your attempt to be a smart arse, you just embarrassed yourself! :D

In your attempt to be a smart arse, you just embarrassed yourself! :D

Whatever makes you sleep at night :)

Whatever makes you sleep at night :)

Reminds me of...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Craig Whyte says he is 'personally guaranteed £27m' :D

Give the man a medal

Isn't he saying that he has personally guaranteed £27m (ie when he got the loan against the season ticket money he's had to put down security at that level)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

HMRC's response to craig whyte's / rangers accucations,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17127983
    Rangers administration: HMRC says club was 'treated fairly' over tax debts Craig Whyte had claimed the tax authorities were targeting Rangers Continue reading the main story

The tax authorities have denied claims that Rangers Football Club is being treated unfairly over its tax debts.

Craig Whyte, who took over the club last year, had suggested that officials seemed to be determined to "make an example" of Rangers.

The Ibrox club was forced into administration last week over an unpaid tax bill of £9m.

HMRC said its action against Rangers was a last resort and that it did not do deals on tax with companies.

A spokesman for HMRC said: "We can't discuss specific cases for legal reasons, but tax that has been deducted at source from the wages of players and support staff, such as ground keepers and physios, must be paid over to HMRC.

"Any business that fails to meet that basic legal requirement puts the survival of the business at risk."

In a statement issued on Tuesday, Mr Whyte said: "Given that HMRC had seen fit to reach agreements with huge corporations owing far more than Rangers - Vodafone, for example - it was difficult to understand why they were being so inflexible unless, of course, they were simply determined to make an example of Rangers."

But that suggestion was flatly rejected by the HMRC spokesman.

He added: "Any business that regards paying tax as an optional extra after other expenses are met, or that uses tax collected from employees or customers as working capital, is potentially heading for trouble.

"There is little HMRC can do for a business - be it a football club or not - whose viability is dependent either on not paying the UK taxes to which they are liable, or on special treatment not available to other customers with similar tax affairs."

Hector doesnt do walking away....

HMRC said its action against Rangers was a last resort and that it did not do deals on tax with companies.

Apart from Vodafone then, or Arsenal, or Goldman Sach's.

It was the vodafone 'deal' that saw a policy change in how HMRC now deals with companies. Should have tried to settle before Vodafone ruined it for everyone! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

The HMRC statement seems to be in relation to the recent £9m unpaid PAYE bill, I can't imagine the HMRC have shown flexibility to anyone over unpaid PAYE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Exactly, different story dodging your corpo tax but if a company deducts tax and NI from their employees and refuses to hand it over, they can expect no leniency from HMRC.

I can't understand why Whyte is not done for fraud?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

edit: Spiers truly is a cretin of the highest order, a disgrace that he calls himself a Rangers fan.
    He's ****ting it from Dingwall :D

Are Dingwall and Spiers fighting???

Rangers need to take responsibility for their actions instead of crying that they're being treated differently to others.

If Rangers had paid their tax in the first place they wouldn't be having these arguments.

Are Dingwall and Spiers fighting???

No, Spiers desperately trying to get attention, Dingwall didn't even look at him once. :D

• Advertisement

No, Spiers desperately trying to get attention, Dingwall didn't even look at him once. :D

Sounds amazing, thanks.

tonights tweets

Graham Spiers @GrahamSpiers

What still amazes me is the way many of the 'Rangers hardcore' - FF and these VB characters - utterly adored Craig Whyte. Shocking dimness.

anon@GrahamSpiers did u check the vb website. Remarkable. And scary.
    Graham Spiers @GrahamSpiers
    Agreed. The VBs on this have been hilarious. Terrific comedy...

i think he's seen as a traitor for being honest.

rangers fans don't do honesty!:D

A traitor ?
    If only.

The guy's a liar, claims he's had a season ticket years ago but when quizzed on it he gets the basic facts wrong, like who played for Rangers in those seasons, or where he stood at Ibrox,...

Also, he's obviously lying about FF, everybody knows he has a login there so he should know that FF is extremely anti-Whyte these days (apart from timmy infiltrators trying to stir **** up ;) ).

A traitor ?
    If only.

The guy's a liar, claims he's had a season ticket years ago but when quizzed on it he gets the basic facts wrong, like who played for Rangers in those seasons, or where he stood at Ibrox,...

Also, he's obviously lying about FF, everybody knows he has a login there so he should know that FF is extremely anti-Whyte these days (apart from timmy infiltrators trying to stir **** up ;) ).
    The Timposters are doing a great job over there just now

Hardly, most of them don't get further than 2 posts before they can't control themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

A traitor ?
    If only.

If only you'd listened to the timmy infiltrators a year ago!!

• Advertisement

Hardly, most of them don't get further than 2 posts before they can't control themselves.
    Glad you think so. Do you remember bears.net?

One of my favourite wind-ups ever!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

One of my favourite wind-ups ever!!!

I missed that one, do tell....

PauloMN wrote: »
    I missed that one, do tell....

me to...come on now tell all! :)

Not a clue, but it's no Operation Tango.

• Advertisement
Advertisement