Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megadeth Appreciation Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Megadeth to enter the studio in January

http://www.megadeth.com/news/megadeth-enter-studio-january
    We're commencing the writing process right now and we're going to start recording in January of next year. We'll be touring in August with a very huge English metal band in the States and South America, and we're hoping to get our record out sometime in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Drover has quit Megadeth,the merrygoround continues.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/drummer-shawn-drover-quits-megadeth/

That was outta left field, nothing on Megadeth's Facebook about Shawn quitting.

And now Chris Broderick has left too!! No word yet from Mustaine,artistic differences usually means there's been a great big row and falling out.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guitarist-chris-broderick-quits-megadeth/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

And now uncle Dave is selling most of his gear!!
    http://www.backstageauctions.com/catalog/auction.php

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

lord lucan wrote: »
    And now Chris Broderick has left too!! No word yet from Mustaine,artistic differences usually means there's been a great big row and falling out.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guitarist-chris-broderick-quits-megadeth/

The words Dave and Mustaine usually mean a big falling out....but i'd kinda hoped this line up was gonna last. Broderick is gonna be a hard act to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭deeks

Room for Marty and Nick to come back :):)

Marty & Nick coming back, that's a bit of a stretch.

Just thinking here, both Shawn & Chris left Megadeth 24 hours apart, Dave's auctioning off 'Deth stuff, the end of Megadeth possibly on the horizon or am i reading too much into it.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Just thinking here, both Shawn & Chris left Megadeth 24 hours apart, Dave's auctioning off 'Deth stuff, the end of Megadeth possibly on the horizon or am i reading too much into it.

He was posting pics quite recently of himself and ellefson working on new material so I doubt he's going to pack it in. Maybe some rough demos had Chris and Shawn running for the hills though it's unlikely that mustaine is going to take them in a different direction.

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    He was posting pics quite recently of himself and ellefson working on new material so I doubt he's going to pack it in. Maybe some rough demos had Chris and Shawn running for the hills though it's unlikely that mustaine is going to take them in a different direction.

Surely Dave wouldn't continue down the road of making Megadeth more of a hard rock band with whatever new stuff he & Junior are comin up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

10407773_10204651112784996_9171805717214180819_n.jpg?oh=6916e677913d19a0c3dcd72eaf31c7b8&oe=55039BD5

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

RIP to Dave's MIL. Atleast the body was finally found

NICK MENZA 'Doesn't Rule Out' Rejoining MEGADETH
    Ex-MEGADETH drummer Nick Menza says that he "doesn't rule out" rejoining his former bandmates, explaining that his return to the group is up to MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/drummer-nick-menza-doesnt-rule-out-rejoining-megadeth/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Cue Mustaine ruling out Nick Menza rejoining Megadeth.

Are Mustaine and Menza on speaking terms?? Would be cool to see 3/4 of the R.I.P through to Cryptic Writings era Megadeth reunite..... But i can see Mustaine shooting it down immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I thought they fell out? It would be good to see him back, but did he make much difference to the songwriting at the time, other than being a good drummer.

Was it just down to Mustaine writing four quality albums with that lineup?

From what I recall Menza did pitch in with songwriting?

Menza chipped in with the lyrics for Countdown To Extinction, that's all he contributed to, besides drumming of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Can't see it happening. From Mustaine's book Nick can be bit of an immature ass at the best of times. Would love to see it though as long as he still had the same energy behind the drums.

• Advertisement

Well if Dave Mustaine shoots down the idea of Nick Menza coming back into the fold, who could they get besides Dave Lombardo, would they go with an experienced drummer or go with a unproven & unknown drummer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Would Marty Freedman be a total non runner here? Is there histort that cant be resolved? I mean it would be awesonme to have the RIP lineup again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Dave Lombardo would be a good choice. What about Joey Jordinson?

Joey's occupied with Scar The Martyr, working on a new album & auditioning for vocalists, so Joey's outta the running.

Megadeth have found a new drummer it seems, jamming Rust In Peace... Polaris, whoever he is, he's obviously concealed in the videos.

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/breakups/megadeth-have-found-a-new-drummer

Dave Mustaine posted this on Twitter yesterday
    I wish Megadeth fans could know what is going on right now…you would be very happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Dave Mustaine posted this on Twitter yesterday

Surely not Menza and Marty?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Whatsgonewrong

Menza would be my bet, cant see Marty coming back though, he seems to be really enjoying his solo career.

It's probably Dave Lombardo and some unknown guitar player who have been drafted in to fill Shawn & Chris's respective spots.

• Advertisement

Dave Mustaine dropped this nugget regarding new music during an interview with Full Metal Jackie at NAMM 2015
    “I’m going in the studio March 2 no matter what. It’s set right now, I told the label I’m not making another radio song ever, cause you know that’s what record companies want. It was the bane of Megadeth’s existence. When Countdown came out, we had so many radio songs — from Countdown to Youthanasia to Cryptic to Risk and down and down and down, it was more radio, radio, radio. I love all those songs, but it’s not what Megadeth fans want to hear. They want to hear The Conjuring, Set the World Afire, stuff like Devil’s Island, Holy Wars and Prisoners and I get it, I wrote those songs. I can do that in my sleep. But when you’re having someone say, ‘This is what you have to do,’ you know, you listen or you don’t.”

http://loudwire.com/megadeth-dave-mustaine-lineup-changes-new-album-inspirations/

Advertisement