Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best serial killer movies? **NO LISTING**

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

shamrock55 wrote: »
    You will enjoy it, i must have a look at it again soon myself

I really liked it.

Dennahey was very creepy but brilliant.

Its a long movie, came in two parts on youtube and over three hours long, I wouldn't advise anyone to watch it on youtube as the picture quality was very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer is great

Would agree with that choice. Not at all like most contemporary movies on the subject matter which go for cheap thrills in order to make you jump out of your seat. Just brutal and disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Alex1983

SAW

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I saw one years ago, for the life of me I can't remember the name of it I think it was called Lighthouse but that might be biasing my thoughts as it's based in a lighthouse.

A bunch of convicts are being transported on a ship, which runs a ground during a storm and the prisoners wash up at an old un-manned Lighthouse. One of the convicts is a notorious serial killer. It's a British movie and the suspense is built up brilliantly throughout.

I remember raving about it having watched it but now everything is forgotten, how infuriating!

EDIT - It was Lighthouse! 1999 movie with James Purefoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Already mentioned but my favourite is also Tony (2009). That movie felt disturbingly real.

I haven't seen Summer of Sam mentioned yet. A marmite one and not really an out and out Serial Killer movie but I really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Did anyone see a serial killer move with Vincent Cassel and Jean Reno? It was set on France (pyrennes area possibly), it was on very late and didn't get to see it all, it seemed to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Achtung Maybe

My favourite was actually a 2 part TV movie based on infamous serial killer Ted Bundy starring Mark Harmon called The Stranger Beside Me

It was based on true-crime writer Ann Rule, as the person she worked with at the time (before she became a writer) was Bundy

Chilling to the bone

• Subscribers Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

+1 for citizen x.

The truth behind the movie is disturbing in the extreme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

The Hitcher - Rutger Hauer

Switchback-Danny Glover, Dennis Quaid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Ipso wrote: »
    Did anyone see a serial killer move with Vincent Cassel and Jean Reno? It was set on France (pyrennes area possibly), it was on very late and didn't get to see it all, it seemed to be good.

I think that might have been called Red River, or something along those lines. I saw the first half but fell asleep so don't know how it ended. It was shaping up to be decent enough though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crimson_Rivers

fwiw in the Alps
    Ipso wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Another one for 'To catch a killer'.
    Saw it years ago so I don't know how well it's aged and it's a made for TV movie as such, but it's one I'll never forget. John Wayne Gacy (Dennehy) dressed up as a clown..Shudder.

That and 'Zodiac'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Colser wrote: »
    Have to agree...Dennehy is brilliant in it..Hes underrated as an actor imo..

I second (or third or fourth) this. Every time I see him in something else I still find him creepy because of that one role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

'A horrible way to die' is an interesting enough film. From the director of the excellent film 'the guest' and 'you're next'. Possibly falling somewhere in between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I think it was more of a two part mini-series but lets call it a TV movie – BBC’s Messiah, excellent.

And 10 Rillington Place with the late Dickie Attenborough was a disturbing watch but decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Snowtown is an Australian film, based on true events also. Hard to watch and very 'real' and gritty, but an excellent film.

Had forgotten about that - excellent choice!

Advertisement