Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Class A drugs: Criminalise completely or decriminalise completely??

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

flyswatter wrote: »
    You're comparing alcohol to heroin? , notice the word lethal, alcohol won't hook you at the first taste.

Nor will heroin, I done it once in amsterdam and here i am not a junkie with a job and girlfriend. The one time i did lose a job in Ireland was from being drunk, so go figure.
    I do agree all drugs should be decriminalised at the user lever just like in switzerland, they should supply current junkies with clean needles and a safe space for them to use and of course offer counselling both group and private and have someone on staff in-case anyone gets sick.
    Drugs aren't really a criminal problem its more a health issue. The war on drugs has failed and has only led the weaker among down the road from using to abusing and finally jail if they're lucky and death if they're not.
    I dont think the government should put a health and tax sticker on coke or heroin but they should consider weed, mushrooms and MDMA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭AnalogueKid

geetar wrote: »
    just throwing some facts in here:

Queen Elizabeth used cannabis to help menstrual pains in the 1800's.

:cool:

How would a 200 year old corpse benefit from medicinal cannabis? I think you mean Queen Victoria, perhaps? A sunglass-wearing emoticon after your "fact" makes your argument look even flimsier. It's a pity because most of your other points are spot-on!

The recent evidence from NZ about cannabis greatly affecting the IQ of young users, however not negatively affecting adult brains is extremely important. This should be seized upon by anti-prohibitionists as evidence that prohibition puts young people at far greater risk than cannabis being properly regulated, like any other food or drug.

Uruguay's experiments with regulation will be interesting too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Without LSD would we have Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
    Without Heroin would we have Perfect Day?
    Without Absinthe would we have Sunflowers?
    Without Opium would we have Daffodils ?
    I assume this is partly in jest, correlation doesn't equal causation.

But assuming in this case it does, we could have had something even better if those artists weren't on drugs. Think of all the potential Cliff Richards!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Channel 4 at 10pm tonight. Drugs trials on people live on tv.

Could be very interesting. no propaganda/bull****....just what mdma does to the average person.

Advertisement