Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT & Window Tinting failure

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Sorry I mean 4 or five for calibration. Then one for field reference.
    The fith being the "zero ring"

It would all depend on how often they go back for factory calibration but I still recommend with any optical device you need to have 2 references for the field calibration. Considering how often these devices are used daily & the environment they operate in.

If I had my windows tested and they were borderline in the failure zone, I would request the optics cleaned and retested with the plastic as a minimum before retesting the car

I wonder are the car windows cleaned off by the NCT operator on the section of glass to ensure the best possible results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

I would think that if you had any form of tint you would be well advised to clean those windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi, rather than start a new thread I'd thought I'd post here.

Can anyone tell me whether a car with vinyl on the back passenger windows and boot window, but the driver window and front passenger window and windscreen untouched, would pass the NCT with this window tinting rule? As far as I know, it's only applicable to the front windows, I'm hoping so anyway :)

Any feedback or clarity appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

cormie wrote: »
    Hi, rather than start a new thread I'd thought I'd post here.

Can anyone tell me whether a car with vinyl on the back passenger windows and boot window, but the driver window and front passenger window and windscreen untouched, would pass the NCT with this window tinting rule? As far as I know, it's only applicable to the front windows, I'm hoping so anyway :)

Any feedback or clarity appreciated!

only front driver & passenger windows are tested

Advertisement