Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Birth of a new club......

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

It was only official cause you weren't there

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

bcmf wrote: »
    Oh I am not responsible for this one :p

But you are for this Beauty :)

10721239_950363088313802_306539011_n.jpg?oh=67ce66cada384bf863a0f99da36a6439&oe=544902B2&__gda__=1414134094_ac725d9af21dbe33eb35d689e9222994

From our Facebook page:
    "Quick update to let you all know we are now registered as a fully active club under the auspices of Cycling Ireland. We will be having a launch night in the near future and the spins at 08:30 on Saturday and 09:30 on Sunday will continue all year round"

Many thanks to Rob Fowl and the others who put in a big effort to get this done!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

My new club. I decided that the time was right for a change so I have now joined these nice people. I look forward to my promised protected rider status and hope to be able to live up to it after the winter training in the open races!

Disclaimer: I don't have protected rider status!

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »

Disclaimer: I don't have protected rider status!

we know. you never did.
    When we you grace us with your presence.
    The beginners spin meets at 11 on Sat from the Cricket Club!

• Advertisement

we know. you never did.
    When we you grace us with your presence.
    The beginners spin meets at 11 on Sat from the Cricket Club!

When we you learn to spell gooder.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Our first set of club gear is being shipped on friday.
    Expect many pics and one of a fat lad in a skin suit (and a faster/skinny one too ....).

Many thanks to sponsors and members to date for the support.

Also special mention to John Dempsey and verge www.luccasports.com for their patience and help do far. We've had access to samples and the quality looks superb.

Who is the faster skinny lad?

Who is the faster skinny lad?

Bcmf

RobFowl wrote: »
    Bcmf

EH!!!!!!! Did you fall off and bang your head at the mud wrestling on Sun?!?

• Advertisement

Gear has arrived !

Gear has arrived !

Waaaaaay nicer than Swords gear!

*stirs the pot

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Waaaaaay nicer than Swords gear!

*stirs the pot

Depends who is wearing it.

*kicks the pot over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Gear has arrived !

And it has the correct colour combination!.

Gis some pics of the rest of the kit?

Raam wrote: »
    Gis some pics of the rest of the kit?

Manyana

Some of the crew out today :)

Super day for a spin and nice mix of VCB riders and some friends from Swords cc, averaged 29kph then took out the beginners spin which is well established at this stage.

Personally after adding my private commuting distance went comfortably over the 10k for the year this week.

Days like today you realise what a great sport this is and how lucky we are to meet such great people as part of it.

It's a year since we lost a great cyclist and supporter of the sport so please cherish every moment you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Gear has arrived !

Nice to see the aul fada on the 'e'

Not only has the club been born but the cap has landed .........

10846360_10152519390583317_4922072845717065753_n.jpg?oh=556a6fadb360c5069a198223f6889dfc&oe=5507F150&__gda__=1430663429_7d163e4e901531c0615829759932765f

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BremoreDave

Very nice. From the Facebook page it looks as though the launch night was a great success , congrats .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Bradley Wiggins, eat your heart out.

....and the first expulsion is about happen.Lusk Doyle dissing the kit and a founding father.
    Close the door on yer way out.

....and the first expulsion is about happen.Lusk Doyle dissing the kit and a founding father.
    Close the door on yer way out.

I was only a Swords mole anyway. Sent in to subvert...

And it was more a wonder out loud as to why the orange? An ironic homage to Swords?

Its red.

Its red.

It looks orange.

Its red.

Its Red.

Raam wrote: »
    It looks orange.

It looks orange.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Looks orange to me

I've an Assos rainjacket that say's it's red, but it blends in very well with my orange helmet ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Its Red.

Of course, it's red. As I've said before, it's THE correct colour combination.

Advertisement