Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murder hate crime (blacks kill whites)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭The Purveyor of Truth

Why does the color of your skin have to matter ?

It shouldn't but there are racists and those who wish to exaggerate the degree of it's prevalence (or ignored the fact that class is the real issue) for their own gain and once you have both these types of people in the world, skin colour will unfortunately continue to have a significance.

As for the ignoring of race crimes against whites.. it undoubtedly does occur.

Natasha McShane's attacker for example, just before he attacked her said:

"..look at these white hoes".

Had a white guy said:

"..look at these black hoes".

..before then beating a black woman with a baseball bat to the point where she was left in the brain damaged state in which Natasha has been, God alone knows what the fallout would have been like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Eh - there is a strong cultural and racial bias in people. The media reflects that. The media shows whatever it thinks will get people to watch.

There are lots of examples - a cute girl goes missing, the news is all over it. And ugly girl goes missing, not a big deal.

Race is a hot topic, especially in the US. White cop kills unarmed black teen - that's something people tune in to hear about. Reverse the race, and nobody cares as much.

Proof:
    http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58304981-78/police-taylor-lake-salt.html.csp

White unarmed teen killed by black cop. Nobody outside of the place it happened has heard about it. I didn't even know about it until I Googled hoping to find an example that wasn't a white cop killing a black teen.

Race-baiting is an easy way to get viewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭The Purveyor of Truth

UCDVet wrote: »
    Race-baiting is an easy way to get viewers.

Exactly, had this girl being white, it would have been made out to be racist that he trips her:

The cop is not black by the way, despite the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Yeah you definitely have a point. But the cases are different...michael brown was an unarmed civilian who was shot dead by an authority figure for no good reason. These people on the other hand were a very naive couple murdered by thugs.
    And there are other sides of the media where black, in fact all people of colour, are severely under represented. Any of the famous child abduction cases are young white girls. can anyone even think of a famous kidnapping involving a black girl? I know I cant. I just heard yesterday that a black super model in america has been missing for almost a fortnight. Imagine the media sensation if a famous white american super model went missing?

I dont think the media are necessarily racist themselves, I just think they report whatever will get highest ratings. And this can sometimes come off as racist ie only reporting white on black hate crimes, noly reporting white girls being kidnapped ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2728421/Im-worried-sick-Friend-missing-New-York-fashion-model-says-boyfriend-revealed-61-110-pound-Ataui-Deng-just-wanted-away-mysteriously-left-cell-phone-home.html

She was actually found a couple days ago, I just realised :) But it had hardly been reported during the 2 weeks she was missing so the point still stands

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

jank wrote: »
    The comparison would be true if those on O'Connell street were offing each other off in record numbers...

They're doing a good job of offing each other in West Finglas, but I'm not sure anyone has said it's racially inspired.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Nodin wrote: »
    If you'd ever been on O'Connell street at pub closing on Friday or Saturday nignht, you'd know.

What connection does that have to the events in Texas?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Thinking of changing my name to Wyatt Power for the laugh

Sand wrote: »
    What connection does that have to the events in Texas?

Did you bother reading what I replied to?

Did you bother reading what I replied to?

Was it meant to offer some explanation?

• Advertisement

Sand wrote: »
    Was it meant to offer some explanation?

Being obtuse doesn't really get you anywhere. What I meant is clear from the context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Probably has something to do with the fact that white on black violence has bit of a history in the US. The news of police killing a unarmed black individual is sadly quite a familiar narrative. It wouldn't be the first time that a black person has become the subject of law enforcement's abuse of power and it probably won't be the last either. This is an issue that goes way back and finds its roots in years of institutionalized racism in the US. That's what the main difference is between something like the Ferguson case and the case of two white people wandering into a dangerous area in the middle of the night. Your story is two years old anyway, so I don't see its relevance to the current Ferguson situation.

Doesn't take from the fact that hate crimes against white people should be reported on, I just don't see the relevance of that particular case to Ferguson. They're different situations.

And as has already been mentioned, there's also the flip side of this where the media only reports on cute little white girls in missing persons cases. In fact, I can't think of a single high profile case involving a black kid ever.

If you're looking for consistency in mainstream media, you're not gonna find it.

Being obtuse doesn't really get you anywhere. What I meant is clear from the context.

You say that but your tone indicates you disagree yet your statements agree with mine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

They're doing a good job of offing each other in West Finglas, but I'm not sure anyone has said it's racially inspired.

Ah, so you agree that the whole race issue in the US has been overblown so.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Yeah you definitely have a point. But the cases are different...michael brown was an unarmed civilian who was shot dead by an authority figure for no good reason. These people on the other hand were a very naive couple murdered by thugs.

That has yet to be established and there are currently two investigations going on at the minute about that shooting. So to say the above has no basis in fact yet.
    And there are other sides of the media where black, in fact all people of colour, are severely under represented. Any of the famous child abduction cases are young white girls. can anyone even think of a famous kidnapping involving a black girl?

How about a white boy? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

michael brown was an unarmed civilian who was shot dead by an authority figure for no good reason.

I'm sorry, come again?

No good reason?

Come....again...lad.

And as has already been mentioned, there's also the flip side of this where the media only reports on cute little white girls in missing persons cases. In fact, I can't think of a single high profile case involving a black kid ever.
    t.

Well I can't think of a high profile stranger abduction case of any child in our corner of the world since Madeline McCann (if it even was an abduction, as the evidence we have more likely points to the mother of all cover ups). And prior to that would have been the Soham case. And although it wasn't an abduction in the end, the search for the Asian kid in Edinburgh not too long ago was all over the news.

Abduction cases involving Arab fathers kidnapping their Irish/ English children get considerable coverage regularly, so I don't know where people are pulling this discrimination nonsense from. Black kids getting abducted draws little news attention because, well, it doesn't actually happen very often believe it or not, as indeed it doesn't happen to many other children very often (and before anyone pulls it out, most of those kids "missing" from HSE care are not missing in the conventional sense). You can't say that the news gave wall to wall coverage to the McCanns when there is no minority abduction case in the UK to compare the coverage against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

And its everyday you hear of 400 people of one race beating a couple of teenagers of another race to death after a racist taunt? Come on moderator even an ultra lib must be able to see that its a hate crime.

You keep saying this as if all 400 took turns to lay in the boot, the reality is a small minority of the 400 beat these boys to death.

I'm sorry, come again?

No good reason?

Come....again...lad.

I dont care what the guy did, and whatever he did do it didnt warrant the death penalty

That has yet to be established and there are currently two investigations going on at the minute about that shooting. So to say the above has no basis in fact yet.

How about a white boy? ;)

Well as far as I know, he was a thief. But the cop who shot him was unaware of the robbery committed by Michael Brown at the time of the shooting. I know Michael brown shoved the cop and punched him and yes he deserved to be arrested obviously. But Michael brown did surrender and was running away from the police man as the bullet hit him in the back. No matter what crime Michael brown committed, the point is an unarmed fleeing civilian was shot dead from behind.

And yeah I agree. Males(no matter what their race may be) are way under represented in kidnapping cases. But thats an entirely different issue, right now were just discussing the race aspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I dont care what the guy did, and whatever he did do it didnt warrant the death penalty

If you don't care what he did, don't make up your own facts and say there was "no good reason" he was shot.

If you don't care what he did, don't make up your own facts and say there was "no good reason" he was shot.

I'm sorry but Michael Brown was shot at 6 times from behind, 35 feet away from the police car. He was fleeing and unarmed. He was not a fugitive. The officer had no right to kill him. It was murder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

But Michael brown did surrender and was running away from the police man as the bullet hit him in the back.

This makes no sense :/

How is he surrendering if he's escaping at the same time

mikemac1 wrote: »
    This makes no sense :/

How is he surrendering if he's escaping at the same time

Sense?

Truth?

From the PC brigade?

Ah here now :pac::pac:

The fact is, this little scobe threw his weight around against what appears to be an Indian store owner, a fairly non aggressive and fairly small race of people from my experience. I don't think anyone should e sentenced, at trial, to death for a mere robbery. But if death results from a confrontation after, or during, a robbery....well sh'it happens

Why?

Because he was built like a bouncer and knew he could get away with pushing this wee man around.

And we are meant to feel sorry when a cop with a gun took him out? It is the Frog Ward situation all over again- an old man is threatened by a more able bodied scummer and his son. He does the right thing in finishing him off, and he goes to jail for it, with the Criminal Rights Board (or Pavee Point as they otherwise call themselves) all over the story . Pathetic. I laughed my hole off when Frog Ward got his comeuppance and I can't wait for the day it happens again. The day when some hard working homeowner says f'uck the law and puts a few into some 200 convictions but only two prison sentences scumbag who would already serving 90 years in a country with a proper judicial system.

If, when I was 18, I did what he did in that convenience store, my own father would say the police were right to deal with me in the manner they did. Quit enabling scum FFS.

Ah, so you agree that the whole race issue in the US has been overblown so.

No, I just don't believe that we should start thinking that the result of poverty is somehow a product of race.

No, I just don't believe that we should start thinking that the result of poverty is somehow a product of race.

Therefore we should not think that the result of race is to end up in poverty... Cant have it both ways Nodin.

Therefore we should not think that the result of race is to end up in poverty... .

Why would that be? Also, I'm fairly sure the notion was that racism was what led to poverty, not race.

Well as far as I know, he was a thief. But the cop who shot him was unaware of the robbery committed by Michael Brown at the time of the shooting. I know Michael brown shoved the cop and punched him and yes he deserved to be arrested obviously. But Michael brown did surrender and was running away from the police man as the bullet hit him in the back. No matter what crime Michael brown committed, the point is an unarmed fleeing civilian was shot dead from behind.

Again, you are wrong. Autopsy suggests that he was shot from the front not from the back. http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/official-autopsy-michael-brown-had-marijuana-in-his-system-was-shot-6-times/2014/08/18/8c016ef8-26f4-11e4-8593-da634b334390_story.html

Again, we should wait for an investigation to conclude before pronouncing statements of 'fact' and trying this through the media in an attempt for grinding axes.

Why would that be? Also, I'm fairly sure the notion was that racism was what led to poverty, not race.

So you do want to have your cake and eat it. No surprises there. People can blame all kinds of things for their predicament but how about looking at one self for a starters. What you are saying is that the black population under achieve in education, wages and jobs and over represent themselves in crime solely due to racism?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

I'm sorry but Michael Brown was shot at 6 times from behind, 35 feet away from the police car. He was fleeing and unarmed. He was not a fugitive. The officer had no right to kill him. It was murder.

Why do all the autopsies say he was shot from the front then?

Advertisement