Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BEERS thread :D

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Stheno wrote: »
    Steve, I know most everyone (including photos of fergal) apart from Heidi, so I'm also happy to volunteer? Between you and me we know most people, apart from ****bag (that name has to change) alexlyons and boldspirit so that should cover most, and we can keep an eye out for lonely spirits wandering around.

I'm also happy to pm my number to people to text if they wish :)

Cool, you're probably better for the job as I won't be there till later :)
    And on your last point Steve, you appear to missed that I am a lady, ladies never fart, we simply expel excess air :D Much like pigs sweat, men perspire, and ladies glow :D
    You were always a perfect lady when I sailed with you... never heard a bad word out of you on the foredeck :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    (Where IS the pub btw???)
    I'm assuming this is the place:
    16 New Street
    Skerries

http://www.ollies.ie/contact.htm

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Well I surely won't be volunteering my services, seeing as I barely know where Skerries is, never mind the pub!

I know alexlyons, so if he shows up he'll recognise me. Sounds like we'll all manage to find one another somehow.

Really looking forward to it!

(Where IS the pub btw???)

As per Steves directions below, it's actually hard enough to find, I'll ping you my number, just text as you are coming into Skerries on the train and we'll collect you :)
    Steve wrote: »
    You were always a perfect lady when I sailed with you... never heard a bad word out of you on the foredeck :D

Lol! Nor did you ever shout or swear from the back of the boat :D
    Steve wrote: »
    I'm assuming this is the place:
    16 New Street
    Skerries

http://www.ollies.ie/contact.htm

TIs hard enough to find tbh, first time I went up there I missed it twice, as it's on a little street full of houses so you never think it's where it is

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

I'll be studying hard on Friday night, very jealous! Enjoy everyone :)

TIs hard enough to find tbh, first time I went up there I missed it twice, as it's on a little street full of houses so you never think it's where it is
    This might help:
    https://www.google.ie/maps/place/16+New+St/@53.5788055,-6.1096487,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x486718a7d69cd72b:0xa3f2cf9191b8bbdd

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

That's the place and this is Ollie :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

fergal.b wrote: »
    That's the place and this is Ollie :D

Caroline the chef though is the real star, the food is just gorgeous, I hope you've arranged for us to have lots and lots and lots and lots of wings?

And onion rings, and wedges, but mainly wings :D

Them wings are good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Story with parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Caroline the chef though is the real star, the food is just gorgeous, I hope you've arranged for us to have lots and lots and lots and lots of wings?

And onion rings, and wedges, but mainly wings :D

Them wings are good.

Note to self - arrive hungry!

As per Steves directions below, it's actually hard enough to find, I'll ping you my number, just text as you are coming into Skerries on the train and we'll collect you :)

Ah, you're very good! But if I can't navigate my way from the train station to a pub 10 minutes away, I should be giving my sailing certs back :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Story with parking?

It's pay and display on street parking between 8.00 am to 6.00 pm. Ollie's is on a oneway street so as you come into Skerries form Dublin you go through the first set of traffic lights and take a right at the next then right again will bring you outside and you should have no problem getting a parking space.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I can collect from the city centre and run back to the Southside after, so could pick up in town between 7 - 7.30 or whatever time suits people, so shout if anyone fancy's a lift out.

Vexorg wrote: »
    I can collect from the city centre and run back to the Southside after, so could pick up in town between 7 - 7.30 or whatever time suits people, so shout if anyone fancy's a lift out.
    Might take you up on that, thanks.. are you around this evening? I'll swing by the boat for a chat.

Yup, will be out there, talk to you later.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 boldspirit

Unfortunately I won't be able to make tomorrow night guys, I'm doing a spot of babysitting or as my other other half calls it "parenting"! she beat me to it going out wise.

enjoy though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Cant make it either sorry, heading to the Corkonian people's republic

See you later :D

20140502_161626.jpg

ah jaysis, did you have to block the street :D

ah jaysis, did you have to block the street :D

Just making it easier for us Skerries-strangers to find the bar :D:D

:D Good night.

• Advertisement

:D Good night.

Twas a VERY good night :)

Thanks to Fergal and Stheno for organising, and to Vexorg for the lift home!!!

Lovely to meet the rest of yiz - see you all on the water sooner or later, and hopefully for another pint or ten soon (I have the first round covered :D)

Great night - lovely to meet all & big thanks to Vex for the lift home :)

Get to bed .. some of us are sailing tomorrow!

Great night - Thanks to the organisers and the good company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Was lovely to meet you all. Great night, hopefully we'll do it again :)

Lovely to see everybody :)

Wow sailor's are a bit like ordinary people who would have guessed :P Lovely to meet you all.

Wow sailor's are a bit like ordinary people who would have guessed :P Lovely to meet you all.

Ah, sure that's only pesky details, boats is boats at the end of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

so there wasnt a violent bar thrashing then between hardened yachties and fairweather motor boaters, oh well :(

So are the petrolheads.. who knew.. :D

Great craic, can't wait for the next one!

• Advertisement

neris wrote: »
    so there wasnt a violent bar thrashing then between hardened yachties and fairweather motor boaters, oh well :(

I think they spiked my drink with G&T and then tried to rope me over to the dark side luckily the chicken wings socked up most of the poison and with the faint smell of exhaust fumes still in my nostrils I was able to hold on to the petrol-head in me,it was a close call and not something I would like to go through on my own again so next time I'm brining some backup to help fight the brainwashing......You should have seen the cut of my jib this morning :D

Advertisement