Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Carbon Fiber Mast....

Options
  • 13-04-2014 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Im wondering if anyone out there has a broken carbon fiber mast that I could get a few feet from? Im planing on building my own hydrofoil to fit onto one of my surfboads. Any help and info is gratefully appreciated...:)

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Talk to Bill at Custom Composites if he doesn't have what you need he should be able to make something a bit more hydrodynamic than a mast.http://www.customcomposites.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dharnam

Hi. Thanks thats great. Would not have known about them. Ill give them a buz. :)

Hi. Thanks for that. I have just contacted him. I hope he has some materials and ideas which is the best way to build this. Carbon Hydrofoils are crazy money to buy. 1,500.00 Euro and upwards. I would perfer to build my own. :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Dharnam wrote: »
    Hi. Thanks for that. I have just contacted him. I hope he has some materials and ideas which is the best way to build this. Carbon Hydrofoils are crazy money to buy. 1,500.00 Euro and upwards. I would perfer to build my own. :)

Post some photos of how it turns out sounds an interesting project :)

I sure will. Im really looking forward to riding on hydrofoil. Very exciting. :)

• Advertisement

Is this the type your looking at, I have also seen ones you sit down on and some with handlebars like a bike :) You might get some helpful ideas here.
    http://www.foilzone.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15782

hydr_surf.jpg

Hi Fergal. Thats exactly it, There is an Italian company called Moses Hydrofoils who make them too. Very cool kit but very expensive. My only option is to make one from plans. :)

Advertisement