Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tell us about your run today

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

So up the long slog of windgates road which I didn't realise has no path once you crest the hill going towards bray! Running on a busy road is not on my bucket list that's for sure.

Next time turn left at the bottom of the dip exiting Greystones, this brings you up past Belmont woods and onto the top of Windgates, so you avoid that stretch and if you need to tag on a bit head into Belmont, down past the wood factory, swing around to the lower Little Sugarloaf path, on past the paint ball section and eventually back down to the Southern Cross out via the Kilruddery House gate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭inigo

Just back from a beautiful and relatively easy 10 miler around Glendalough this morning. Gorgeous day if a little chilly at the start. Bring on Run The Line!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Glorious run at the Stook 10 mile. A runnable hilly road race which will test runners. The timed flying mile 2 miles out from home was a nice feature. The weather today was glorious, perfect for running and brilliant for late November. The organisation and post race refreshments were great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭inigo

inigo wrote: »
    Just back from a beautiful and relatively easy 10 miler around Glendalough this morning. Gorgeous day if a little chilly at the start. Bring on Run The Line!

Yesterday I wore my 0mm Merrells and not for the first time. I'm used to running on tarmac on 0mm drop NBs and Sauconys and on trails on 4mm Sauconys.

Today I feel like someone implanted a sliothar in each of my calves during the night! I've been trying to gather enough mental strength to go out for an easy 4 miler later this evening...

The Merrells have protection only at the front of the shoes and are totally unforgiving if you land anywhere but the balls of your feet. Mix that with a few slopes and you get the above result. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

6.2k today which was grand except I kept having to stop at the traffic lights, I had switched up my route.

Also, since I was trying for 6k, I had to run up and down this one street to hit the mark. I really hadn't planned out my route as well as I thought. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Todays run was the run the line short course. I only registered at the last minute but it was well worth it. I've clearly not done enough hills in my short running career but I did manage ok. I'd done Glendalough a few weeks back which gave me a taste of climbing, but I knew the climbs on run the line were more intense. I took a spill on the really fast downhill just before the water stop, I was going too fast given how technical it was. Luckily I only got grazes on my hands and knees and continued on. I'm not sure of my time but it was about 1:37. Fantastic race for a great cause. Definitely one for next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

In Avondale forest this evening, just me and the headlamp.
    Then I spotted something ahead...... Next thing I got blasted with a choo choo and absolutely blinded by a high beam light, well into the ditch I jumped.
    Bloody Santa forest train.......

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

In Avondale forest this evening, just me and the headlamp.
    Then I spotted something ahead...... Next thing I got blasted with a choo choo and absolutely blinded by a high beam light, well into the ditch I jumped.
    Bloody Santa forest train.......

I shouldn't laugh, but ..... :D

Advertisement