Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medicals and Training 2015

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Slava1976 wrote: »
    No.We not.I believe our intention to join Garda Reserve can be describe in a words of Al Pacino's character from "The Recruit"...Remember when he asked new recruits "Why are you here?"...And replied "It ain't money, it ain't sex, it ain't fame.What is it?I say we are all here because we believe.We believe in good and evil,and we choose good.We believe in right and wrong,and we choose right.Our cause is just.Our enemies...everywhere.They're all around us.Some scary stuff out there.Which brings us here..." Amen...

If you think being in AGS is like an Al Pacino movie your in the wrong place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

Slava1976 wrote:
    No.We not.I believe our intention to join Garda Reserve can be describe in a words of Al Pacino's character from "The Recruit"...Remember when he asked new recruits "Why are you here?"...And replied "It ain't money, it ain't sex, it ain't fame.What is it?I say we are all here because we believe.We believe in good and evil,and we choose good.We believe in right and wrong,and we choose right.Our cause is just.Our enemies...everywhere.They're all around us.Some scary stuff out there.Which brings us here..." Amen...

This is just like ....What are u on about? ... Ur joining the Garda Reserve not the CIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Lads what's the story with transport for getting down to the college ? Seems as though we have to make our own way down, this is a headache for those of us without a car ? I was thinking if anyone on here was going down from dublin it could be a nice little money earner for them because I for one would throw them 20 quid for their troubles if they gave me a lift down and back.

Cedric87 wrote:
    Lads what's the story with transport for getting down to the college ? Seems as though we have to make our own way down, this is a headache for those of us without a car ? I was thinking if anyone on here was going down from dublin it could be a nice little money earner for them because I for one would throw them 20 quid for their troubles if they gave me a lift down and back.

Train to templemore costs 22e return .

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Slava1976

You're right,lads.This is not a CIA.In CIA you'll get a gun and "Special Agent/Investigator – CIA Salary Range: $74,872-$136,771" per year.In Garda Reserve you'll get a pepper spray and around €1000 per year. p.s. First train living Dublin at 8am and arriving to Templemore at 9am.So if we'll need be there by 10am-that will work.Otherwise-overnight in hotel.By the way-it's only one hotel in Templemore... :)

• Advertisement

I would have thought we would be put up in the college so if we needed to go down the night before we could.

Cedric87 wrote:
    I would have thought we would be put up in the college so if we needed to go down the night before we could.

And sure they might ,just wait and see what's said in the email. They have confirmed nothing yet, we may not even be going down in September I hope we are but they may change it . chill the beans .

Im just staying positive I suppose, sure it will all be revealed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jammydodger123

Training cancelled for September lads and provisional dates only for November..:( sigh...

Training cancelled for September lads and provisional dates only for November..:( sigh...

Just recieved the email Urgh it's annoying but all we can do now is wait, it's going to be a nightmare explaining this to my boss and telling him I will probably need time off during the Christmas rush the word not a hope springs to mind.

• Advertisement

Cedric87 wrote: »
    Just recieved the email Urgh it's annoying but all we can do now is wait, it's going to be a nightmare explaining this to my boss and telling him I will probably need time off during the Christmas rush the word not a hope springs to mind.

What's another few months I guess...we've waited this long.. Your boss should understand given the nature of your leave like..it's not like you like ur gunna be jetting off on holidays haha..he'll have plenty of time to get cover between now and November..All we have is hope!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sjh191

Hi everyone,
    Brand new to boards.
    Joined after I received the email this morning about the intake being cancelled, so disheartened.
    Had to meet the local super yesterday morning, he tore absolute strips off me but gave good feedback but just seems like all this effort is getting me nowhere:(

Sjh191 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Brand new to boards.
    Joined after I received the email this morning about the intake being cancelled, so disheartened.
    Had to meet the local super yesterday morning, he tore absolute strips off me but gave good feedback but just seems like all this effort is getting me nowhere:(

Welcome..☺ he tore strips did he? Jasus, they do test ya alright..I know it feels like we're getting nowhere alright but small steps to the big goal and all that motivational lark! 😊

Welcome..☺ he tore strips did he? Jasus, they do test ya alright..I know it feels like we're getting nowhere alright but small steps to the big goal and all that motivational lark! 😊

I'm still not sure how to use this properly :/
    But yeh he really did, quizzed me on acts of law, my Irish, local Td's, my local sergeants, how obedient I am, would I stand for 6 hours straight in the rain on my own outside a scene etc ...
    He gave me very goodfeedback tho so it was beneficial.
    I did the second round of the full recruitment last night........ Disaster!

But yeh he really did, quizzed me on acts of law, my Irish, local Td's, my local sergeants, how obedient I am, would I stand for 6 hours straight in the rain on my own outside a scene etc ...

Have you sent off your BR forms ?

Have you sent off your BR forms ?

Yeh I have that all done.
    I originally done my interviews etc and got dates to train etc but then they realised I fell into a different district because of my address..Iv done 5 interviews for the reserves in total.

Wow he really did grill ya! I had.more of a chat with mine....different supers I suppose but at least you've it done now. Was the stage 2 exam as hard as the first one? first one was impossible..

Wow he really did grill ya! I had.more of a chat with mine....different supers I suppose but at least you've it done now. Was the stage 2 exam as hard as the first one? first one was impossible..

Yeh I had a chat with the others but I'm glad he did because he gave me good feedback.
    Round 2 was basically the same... It's allllll a waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭rookie1470

Hi Guys,

What are the dates for November do anyone know?? And im assuming after that it will be early 2016 before another intake!?
    Anyone here a reserve at the minute and use to work in security? What happened when it came to hand back PSA licence??

rookie1470 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

What are the dates for November do anyone know?? And im assuming after that it will be early 2016 before another intake!?
    Anyone here a reserve at the minute and use to work in security? What happened when it came to hand back PSA licence??

27th of November I think

• Advertisement

Notified today by email, Novemver intake CANCELLED

What a bloody joke, absolutely fed up of this crap.

Any temporary dates given ?

No, email just read that due to unforeseen circumstances the Nov intake has now been cancelled.

No, email just read that due to unforeseen circumstances the Nov intake has now been cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Doyouevenlift9

rookie1470 wrote: »

Did you email them r did they email you first?
    Because I got no email telling me . I do believe you, I'm just saying its pretty poor there not letting everyone know .

Did you email them r did they email you first?
    Because I got no email telling me . I do believe you, I'm just saying its pretty poor there not letting everyone know .

Yes, I emailed them a few days ago asking if there was any update on an intake. Not a surprise if there will be an intake of full timers.

Ive taken my 2 weeks holidays I held onto for the training, im going to knuckle down and practice for the aptitude tests and focuse on full time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Doyouevenlift9

Such a shame , I'm not really surprised tho , if there was no full time recruitment on there would be intakes, I'd say there won't be a GR class for a long time tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement