Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Ive been really stressed for weeks, you all know the saga with him and my shoulder.
    I hadnt slept all week. However got up today had breakfast, then went back to bed and slept again. Im still exhausted now, like i could go back to bed.
    Is this my body trying to make up for the stress and lack of sleep lately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Ive been really stressed for weeks, you all know the saga with him and my shoulder.
    I hadnt slept all week. However got up today had breakfast, then went back to bed and slept again. Im still exhausted now, like i could go back to bed.
    Is this my body trying to make up for the stress and lack of sleep lately?

Sometimes your body just needs to catch up. Make sure you're eating well and drinking enough water and getting some exercise too! So easy to not take proper care of yourself when you have other things going on, which just makes you worse then!

I know cause it is my current situation!

See im struggling on the exercise front because my shoulder is so sore
    I would have gone for a walk today, but its gale force winds outside.
    I thought i had got over him, but this weekend just seems to have made me worse.
    Im just so tired at moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Make self feel better by baking. Delicious. And simple!
    Aue5vopCAAAwZpB.jpg

How so Joe wrote: »
    Aue5vopCAAAwZpB.jpg
    what's the recipe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I followed this recipe. So lazy, but so delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

How so Joe wrote: »
    Aue5vopCAAAwZpB.jpg

I don't know what they are but damn they look good :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Cookies I reckon :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

jammstarr wrote: »
    Heya, how long have you been feeling like this Ashblag?

Quite a while now. Going through a few things at the moment so trying to keep the goodside out hard though. My work and activities seem very hard for me to do right now

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rob55

Does anybody get embarrassed next day after alcohol? today feeling anxious and thinking of what i did last night which i know wasnt bad but if i was sober i know i woulndt do the stuff as when im sober im be quite shy but when im drunk im talkative and a bit mad in a fun way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

I'm considering discussing the prospect of coming off Efexor with my GP. It's a terrifying prospect but I think I may be ready for it. A year ago the thought of being able to function without antidepressants was just a pipe dream. I never thought I'd be able for it. But now I'm starting to see that life could be manageable without needing them.

I may just be jumping the gun but right now it seems like things may actually be getting better. Feels strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

feeling pretty bad. a friend is ignoring me and i've no idea what i'm meant to have done wrong. i'm so fed up and tired of it all. i just want an easy life. sick of having problems with everyone. tired of having the world against me

feeling pretty bad. a friend is ignoring me and i've no idea what i'm meant to have done wrong. i'm so fed up and tired of it all. i just want an easy life. sick of having problems with everyone. tired of having the world against me

I'm sorry. :( Sometimes when I read what you post I just want to hug you. This is one of those times.

I know exactly how you feel though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Had to take a sleeping tablet the last few days havent been good. I'd love to go asleep for 2 weeks just to have some peace from my mind. Dont know what's happening to me but it's wearing me out

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nualahyland

I mean this in a gentle way, You really need help with your thoughts. They are what is crippling you in life. Your thoughts create your feelings which in turn affects your actions. Get yourself on a list to see a CBT (Cognitive behavioural therapy) to see if it will help you. Your posts area always self-depreciating which shows a thought process that is wholly negative. This is the area that needs to be worked on so you can like yourself more. I hope you can get some help.

Karsini wrote: »
    I'm sorry. :( Sometimes when I read what you post I just want to hug you. This is one of those times.

I know exactly how you feel though.

Thanks. I often feel the same about posters in here.

Not feeling much better this morning. my psych session gets me thinking about everything. was talking to her about my friend situation, and well it doesn't make sense to sit here getting down about it, I may as well confront my friend, and get it all out. at least then i'll know where I stand.
    I mean this in a gentle way, You really need help with your thoughts. They are what is crippling you in life. Your thoughts create your feelings which in turn affects your actions. Get yourself on a list to see a CBT (Cognitive behavioural therapy) to see if it will help you. Your posts area always self-depreciating which shows a thought process that is wholly negative. This is the area that needs to be worked on so you can like yourself more. I hope you can get some help.

Sorry, is this addressing me?

I saw in the depression thread in C&H, thought it was lovely

tumblr_lwiusqwBzU1qhn9q8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Princess Of China

Cloud...

I've never seen that before but thank you!

Been watching this thread for a while but didn't know what to write. That letter has given me a lift. Think I might print it out and keep it somewhere!

Hope you're all feeling ok this evening...one day at a time remember...

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

I have mixed opinions about that man

Lovely letter though :)

• Advertisement

Feeling a bit rough today.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

hug?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I'm considering discussing the prospect of coming off Efexor with my GP. It's a terrifying prospect but I think I may be ready for it. A year ago the thought of being able to function without antidepressants was just a pipe dream. I never thought I'd be able for it. But now I'm starting to see that life could be manageable without needing them.

I may just be jumping the gun but right now it seems like things may actually be getting better. Feels strange.

Yay! That's great, so happy for you :)

:( what's up?

:( what's up?

Just one of those days, thanks for replying :o

Feel a bit better today. I find that I'm up and down a lot lately, the smallest things seem to set off a downward spiral of upset and worry.

me too Jamm. you tend to feel like a mess when you're so up and down.

me too Jamm. you tend to feel like a mess when you're so up and down.

Totally. You can be so unpredictable because of it.

Feel a bit better today. I find that I'm up and down a lot lately, the smallest things seem to set off a downward spiral of upset and worry.

Im the same. the smallest things worry me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Had to some bad news.

Don't know how much more of this I can take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭pejay

hi just wondering if anyone has used the drug lyrica for anxiety it was originally used for pain but has now recently been liscensed for anxiety

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

hi, never tried this drug but let me know if it works as i have tried everything else. Although i am just looking for a short term drug for anxious/ nervousness when I plan to take a flight somewhere.

Does anyone else expereince nothing after taking a valium, xanex, lexaton....etc, etc. Is is possible that some people like me just dont respond to these drugs?? or have a higher immunity to them, yet i would be afraid to take too many!!

Is there another answer to this.... by the way i need more than camomile tea as once advised!!!? thanks all same.

Maybe i should take something more long acting in the run up to the flight?

cheers!

rustopher wrote: »
    hi, never tried this drug but let me know if it works as i have tried everything else. Although i am just looking for a short term drug for anxious/ nervousness when I plan to take a flight somewhere.

Does anyone else expereince nothing after taking a valium, xanex, lexaton....etc, etc. Is is possible that some people like me just dont respond to these drugs?? or have a higher immunity to them, yet i would be afraid to take too many!!

Is there another answer to this.... by the way i need more than camomile tea as once advised!!!? thanks all same.

Maybe i should take something more long acting in the run up to the flight?

cheers!

I am currently in the process of not taking valium as doc reckons i have become resistant to it so i have gone from 6mg down to 2mg to say all the anxiety is crap shakes funny feelings in my head groggyness sick of going through it now,

I have tried lexaton,xanax valium and nothing worked i am currently also on serequel for my bipolar.

Valium is meant to be long acting but i find on a very anxious day i need it every 2/3 hours depending on how i am feeling.

Just started this new drug now and like i said it is used for nerve pain ie shingles and that but recently they found it helps with anxiety i have been on it 5 days now and some of the anxiousness has gone lets say from the neck down but my head woooooow its so wonky lol i keep saying its the meds and hopefully it will pass so going to stick with it and see although i dont know i can put up with the side effects

Does anxiety give strange feelings in the head?????

I take Lyrica along with others. On it about a year or more now. No complaints or side affects to report

I take Lyrica along with others. On it about a year or more now. No complaints or side affects to report
    I took zanax but it didn't work for me. Sleeping tablets don't work either.
    I took lyrica for pain relief, but I hated the side effects

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

pejay wrote: »
    Does anxiety give strange feelings in the head?????

Yup. It's a few things at once. You can feel 'unreal', or slightly disconnected from reality. Sometimes even a bit paranoid as you don't feel you can trust your surroundings. Everyone gets different symptoms in different strengths.

The adrenaline flowing in you can cause your pupils to dilate so they take in more light, which is the visual aspect that can make you feel unreal, scared etc. You can also feel dizzy, lightheaded, etc. it's a combination of these things that gives you those strange feelings.

*You are NOT going crazy.* Breathe deeply and slowly from your stomach for about 10 minutes and the symptoms should pass or ease. Or go running for as long as you can, that will 'use up' a lot of the adrenaline.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

wow... i would be weary of side effects or addiction when it comes to medication, look after that. Dont think i will have this problem however as nothing seems to work for me:(:mad:

Do you take it for anxiety may i ask and also did the grogginess feeling go away after a while thanks

How is everyone today?

I'm doing pretty okay at the minute, it's nice for a change! Trying to get a hold on my eating disorder too, which isn't going too well but at least it's a start. Joined weight watchers to give me a structure to stick to so we'll see how it goes.

banquo wrote: »
    Yup. It's a few things at once. You can feel 'unreal', or slightly disconnected from reality. Sometimes even a bit paranoid as you don't feel you can trust your surroundings. Everyone gets different symptoms in different strengths.

The adrenaline flowing in you can cause your pupils to dilate so they take in more light, which is the visual aspect that can make you feel unreal, scared etc. You can also feel dizzy, lightheaded, etc. it's a combination of these things that gives you those strange feelings.

*You are NOT going crazy.* Breathe deeply and slowly from your stomach for about 10 minutes and the symptoms should pass or ease. Or go running for as long as you can, that will 'use up' a lot of the adrenaline.

Ah thanks for that yes i find everything feels bright like there is a light shining into my eyes i find though if i take deep breaths i get dizzy and then a minor panic attack starts and i get scared then i will pass out anxiety is an awful thing to live with i relapsed 6 months ago and still have not found the right med yet.

My head feels heavy also sometimes and like there is someone inside it pulling at my brain lol sounds mad i know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

How is everyone today?

I'm doing pretty okay at the minute, it's nice for a change! Trying to get a hold on my eating disorder too, which isn't going too well but at least it's a start. Joined weight watchers to give me a structure to stick to so we'll see how it goes.

As far as I know they recommend you don't go to WW if you've an eating disorder.

pejay wrote: »
    Do you take it for anxiety may i ask and also did the grogginess feeling go away after a while thanks

I take it with two other medications for both depression and anxiety. I take one in the morning and one in the evening with the other meds. Never really noticed any grogginess with them I must say however with my others at night I do find they hit me hard but that could just be the others.

I take it with two other medications for both depression and anxiety. I take one in the morning and one in the evening with the other meds. Never really noticed any grogginess with them I must say however with my others at night I do find they hit me hard but that could just be the others.[/QUOTE

Yes i take mine with valium and serequel

and 25mg twice daily of the lycria what dosage are you on

Jam what other meds are you on

do you find the lyrica helps the anxiety

Thanks for your response

I take it with two other medications for both depression and anxiety. I take one in the morning and one in the evening with the other meds. Never really noticed any grogginess with them I must say however with my others at night I do find they hit me hard but that could just be the others.

Yeah they knock you out i sleep well with them i must say

150 mg here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

re meds - i've had to pretty much eliminate some of mine becuase of work. Unfortunately either seroquel or zimovane make it very difficult to get up in the morning and there is abad hangover effect. I also feel very "flat" when taken on a regular basis.

So toughing it but anxiety levels arent great but what can you do

Hope everyone's doing alright :)

neemish wrote: »
    re meds - i've had to pretty much eliminate some of mine becuase of work. Unfortunately either seroquel or zimovane make it very difficult to get up in the morning and there is abad hangover effect. I also feel very "flat" when taken on a regular basis.

So toughing it but anxiety levels arent great but what can you do

Do you find the serequel helps what dose are you on.

I hate the hungover feeling in the morning well all day actually it only starts lifting at 6pm when i am due to take next lot.

I find that groggy /hungover feeling makes you panick and feel on edge what do you think

As far as I know they recommend you don't go to WW if you've an eating disorder.

hmm... I've been discussing starting it with my therapist for a while and she thinks it should be okay for me right now. Doctor said it was okay too as long as I'm careful. I never said it to the leader of the ww meeting though... I'm not sure if I should now in case they kick me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Is weight watchers generally good/successful or what?

I've no experience with it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement