Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cod MW 3. Shocking news...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

List of companies that need to die or changes there ways

Activision
    Ea
    Thq
    Capcom
    Sony online entertainment

Just a handful of companies that seriously have pissed of alot of consumers with online pass, milking , subscriptions that are over priced , lock on content on disc.

Hope they all rot and go bankrupt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Krieg wrote: »
    Yeah 50% of the company has walked out since mw2 release.

Everyone programmer could leave and they'd just replace em, the series is a juggernaut now, they could charge what want, and the game could be crap, but will always sell and always rake in the dough

For every disgruntled gamer, theres a thousand 16 yr olds who have to have the latest COD game, regardless

As long as the lonewolf zero teamplay style of COD multiplayer does not seep into stuff like BF3, then I'm happy and they can do what they like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

List of companies that need to die or changes there ways

Activision
    Ea
    Thq
    Capcom
    Sony online entertainment

Just a handful of companies that seriously have pissed of alot of consumers with online pass, milking , subscriptions that are over priced , lock on content on disc.

Hope they all rot and go bankrupt
    Tbh I don't have a problem with online passes. If I buy a game second hand for 10e or less under the original price and the game developers get nothing out of it i feel they deserve a cut. How about the second hand shops who don't tell you that you need an online pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Everyone programmer could leave and they'd just replace em, the series is a juggernaut now, they could charge what want, and the game could be crap, but will always sell and always rake in the dough

For every disgruntled gamer, theres a thousand 16 yr olds who have to have the latest COD game, regardless

As long as the lonewolf zero teamplay style of COD multiplayer does not seep into stuff like BF3, then I'm happy and they can do what they like
    It seeped into it after blops was released. BC2 was a nightmare to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Tbh I don't have a problem with online passes. If I buy a game second hand for 10e or less under the original price and the game developers get nothing out of it i feel they deserve a cut. How about the second hand shops who don't tell you that you need an online pass.

I dont have a problem with an online pass either but im speaking for the people who do have a problem with it , seen alot of people complain bout it.

But the rest i listed above piss me off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Hercule wrote: »
    this is hardly shocking news - actiblizzard has hinted at this for years, its an effective way of maximising the profits attached to the game - it effectively means they can release an absolute shell of a game and drip-feed premium content for months.

That's the bit I just don't get. That's the greed right there! CoD is already, what, one of the biggest selling franchises at the moment? Do they really need to make even more cash? They are going to make a bomb on disc sales, nevermind anything else. It's sh1te like this that will run the gaming industry into the ground. Wanna sell a bigger better experience than last year? Try a double-disc game at face value!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

deathrider wrote: »
    That's the bit I just don't get. That's the greed right there! CoD is already, what, one of the biggest selling franchises at the moment? Do they really need to make even more cash? They are going to make a bomb on disc sales, nevermind anything else. It's sh1te like this that will run the gaming industry into the ground. Wanna sell a bigger better experience than last year? Try a double-disc game at face value!

Yes they have to try to maximize profits for their shareholders.

Advertisement