Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juicing - recommend a good juicer and where to buy?

Options
  • 31-03-2014 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am reading about vegetable juicing lately and was hoping to try it out. Would anyone here have any recommendations for a model of juicer?

Has anyone here tried juicing? What were your experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I went for the Sage model, and the middle of that line from Harvey Norman, 2 hundred and something, cant remember now. Great machine and easy enough to clean. I use it 5 days a week, normally have hoovered up all fruit and veg lying around by Friday :pac:

its helped me clean up my diet a lot , in addition I use a blender (separate machine) to make shakes so all in all Im eating far more greens then ever before in my life.

probably best not to get one too cheap, you will be shovelling 20 plus euros a week through it (for one person) so no point having a machine that you are not happy with.

Someone at work has that nutrisweet (blender) gismo and seemed happy with it but if you see it compared to a vitamix on youtube it doesn't seem as good by a long shot.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

silverharp wrote: »
    I went for the Sage model, and the middle of that line from Harvey Norman, 2 hundred and something, cant remember now. Great machine and easy enough to clean. I use it 5 days a week, normally have hoovered up all fruit and veg lying around by Friday :pac:

its helped me clean up my diet a lot , in addition I use a blender (separate machine) to make shakes so all in all Im eating far more greens then ever before in my life.

probably best not to get one too cheap, you will be shovelling 20 plus euros a week through it (for one person) so no point having a machine that you are not happy with.

Someone at work has that nutrisweet (blender) gismo and seemed happy with it but if you see it compared to a vitamix on youtube it doesn't seem as good by a long shot.

Thank you for the reply,

I have been struggling with my diet for years I think this might finally be a solution to get veg into my diet.

Could you check the model number of your juicer? I want to be sure to get the right one.

Deedsie wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply,

I have been struggling with my diet for years I think this might finally be a solution to get veg into my diet.

Could you check the model number of your juicer? I want to be sure to get the right one.

here you go, the next one up was another 130€ and only had an extra couple of 100w . remember you are not getting the fiber so keep the ratio of veg to fruit 2 or 3 to 1. my staple fruit is Apple and great additions are fresh ginger and fresh Tumeric (Asian markets)

http://www.harveynorman.ie/home-appliances/health/juicers-smoothie-makers/sage-nutri-juicer-plus-bje520uk.html

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    here you go, the next one up was another 130€ and only had an extra couple of 100w . remember you are not getting the fiber so keep the ratio of veg to fruit 2 or 3 to 1. my staple fruit is Apple and great additions are fresh ginger and fresh Tumeric (Asian markets)

http://www.harveynorman.ie/home-appliances/health/juicers-smoothie-makers/sage-nutri-juicer-plus-bje520uk.html

http://www.harveynorman.ie/gifts/sage-nutri-juicer-bje410uk.html

That is the one I am going to go for. As much as I would like to go for the more expensive model I can't really justify it.

Looking forward to getting it now.

That is the one I am going to go for. As much as I would like to go for the more expensive model I can't really justify it.

Very similar in spec, the width of the shoot was the main thing I liked about the sage and all their models have the same shoot size

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Was in Harvey norman yesterday to buy the "plus" version.
    As it happens this is available for 169 instore... still went for the plus and used the froojie disk this morning and it made it worthwhile :)

deegs wrote: »
    Was in Harvey norman yesterday to buy the "plus" version.
    As it happens this is available for 169 instore... still went for the plus and used the froojie disk this morning and it made it worthwhile :)

The basic model, the one I picked up yesterday is €199 in store with €30 cash back after 21 days. I would have loved to get the plus just too expensive. My first juice will be tonight. Is it difficult to clean after? Any pointers for a first timer?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭smokey20

Couldnt recommend the Nutribullet more..

Got it on highstreettv.ie for €120.00 - option of a 3 month DD plan aswell.

So handy to use, minimal cleaning and minimal waste.

I absolutely love it.

Down side - Bought in October and had to send it back last week as it stopped working, howver to be fair to their customer service helpline they were very helpful in telling me how to return it - Im waiting on a new replacement one as within 1 yr warranty - there was an option of buying a 2 year warranty initially, so if considering buying the Nutribullet, prob best to look in to extended warranty.

Overall 9/10 (not 10/10 due to having to return and missing a few days of great juicing)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

The basic model, the one I picked up yesterday is €199 in store with €30 cash back after 21 days. I would have loved to get the plus just too expensive. My first juice will be tonight. Is it difficult to clean after? Any pointers for a first timer?

very straight forward by all accounts, the brush makes things easier. Under the tap every night and into dishwasher once a week :)

AND!!!! 5 years parts and labour warranty :):)

And I am a juicer at last...

Carrots, ginger & apples. Very nice indeed. Going to have to learn off a few recipes. I would like to do more green veg juices if I can manage it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement