Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats wrong with people..??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Just today I had this encounter:

Man at Bus Stop: Sorry, you wouldn't happen to have a euro would you, to get in to town?

Me: Sure yeah. *hands euro to man*

Man at Bus Stop: Thanks.

Good deeds do happen. And it's negativity like that evident in your OP that breeds bad ones. Cheer up thebullkf, and maybe your problem will go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Superbus wrote: »
    Just today I had this encounter:

Man at Bus Stop: Sorry, you wouldn't happen to have a euro would you, to get in to town?

Me: Sure yeah. *hands euro to man*

Man at Bus Stop: Thanks.

Good deeds do happen. And it's negativity like that evident in your OP that breeds bad ones. Cheer up thebullkf, and maybe your problem will go away.

Was this by any chance at either the bus stop outside Fagans in Drumcondra or across the road from Tesco in Phibsboro?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

thebullkf wrote: »
    EDIT:

Post is 'fixed':rolleyes:

say thankya
    No it's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Engelbert

its a damning indictment of our society.

I agree! Bad post structure, punctuation and grammar don't help either!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Theres lots of scumbags in the world. Thats life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Was this by any chance at either the bus stop outside Fagans in Drumcondra or acroos the road from Tesco in Phibsboro?

No it was not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

:(:confused::(

i started a thread earlier in relation to a pub being taken over by a group of animals men, Link, and I was talking to a friend earlier
    about that incident, the Gardaí, travellers & scum in general along with their criminal records...

I really do feel despair at what kind of a country we've become,
    (or maybe were already, and its just the reporting of these crimes thats increased and not the crimes themselves).

For instance:

the arsonist in that garage; 120k damage = suspended sentence. :eek:

politicians relation + child abuse; suspended sentence :eek:

Men filing into court just to shake the hand of a rapist in front of his VICTIM! :mad:

i could go on.... :(

Scumbags who kill someone/maim/steal and its discovered at their trial they have 'x' number of convictions, (usually double figures), and nothing is done about it, and even if something is already done it's usually too late!

That buddy i spoke to recalled an incident when a burglar was caught on the road having tried to steal his car.
    The gardaí duly arrived and the razzer told him and it was this guy's fourth time being arrested that night!!!

I feel we've gone too far in the wrong direction, we used to be too far in the 'PC' direction, (couldn't swear/show nudity on TV etc...),
    but now i think its swung completely the opposite way.
    I think we've become de-sensitized & are used to just ignoring & accepting this type of behaviour and attitude.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fairly liberal, but i'm actually amazed there hasn't been a lynching or someone just snapping and going nuts (a lá USA).

I think one of the problems is social isolation, e.g. lack of community spirit.
    We have never been more able to span great distances,
    connect and reach out to each other via our Telecommunications advancements than ever before yet the biggest killer of young men in Ireland in the year 2010 is..???
    SUICIDE

HOW THE FÚCK HAS THIS HAPPENED????

In fact, i don't know what the solution is.....

Whatever happened to:

a) you're hungry? There half my lunch

b) I'm hungry, thanks for sharing....

i mean FFS, its better to light a candle than curse the darkness...

whats wrong with people these days...?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

^^^^OP, Copy and paste into original post.^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

i started a thread earlier in relation to a pub being taken over by a group
    of "men"....{i use the term loosely..animals behave better
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66821366#post66821366 }
    SO...
    i was talking to a friend earlier....about this incident,the Gardaí,Travellers,and general scum and their criminal records etc.
    and i really do feel despair at what kind of a country we've become..
    {or maybe already were,and its the reporting of these crimes thats increased and not the crimes themselves}
    for instance:
    the arsonist in that garage...120k damage=suspended sentence.
    politicians relation+child abuse=suspended sentence.
    Men filing into court to shake the hand of a rapist in front of his VICTIM!
    i could go on....

scumbags who kill someone/maim/steal and its discovered at their trial they have 'x' number of convictions..{usually double figures}
    and nothings been done about it.-till then.
    usually though the damage is already doneandits too late.
    the buddy i spoke to recalled an incident when aburglar was caught on the road having tried to steal his car....gardaí duly arrived...and the razzer told him and it was this guy's fourth time that night being arrested.!!!!
    i feel we've gone too far in the wrong direction..used to be too far in the 'PC' direction...ie couldn't swear/show nudity on TV..
    now i think its swung completely the opposite.
    i think we've become de-sensitised/used to/ignoring/accepted this type of behaviour and attitude.
    don't get me wrong,i'm fairly liberal,
    but......
    *i'm actually amazed there hasn't been a lynching or someone just snapping and going nuts.. a lá USA..*
    I think one of the problems is social isolation.
    ack of community spirit....
    we have never been more able to span great distances,connect and reach out to each other via our Telecommunications advancements than ever before yet the biggest killer of young men in Ireland in the year 2010 is..???
    SUICIDE
    ...in fact i don't know what the solution is.....
    whatever happened to :
    you're hungry?...here half my lunch
    i'm hungry,thanks for sharing....
    i mean FFS its better to light a candle than curse the darkness...

Buy your own fuckin lunch ya fuppin pikey!! :pac:

Seriously OP, these kind of incidents happen in every state in the world. Ireland actually has one of the lowest murder rates in the world, and the rates of other crimes are similarly low. We also have some of the toughest anti-crime and especially anti-gang legislation in the world. As another poster pointed out, a gaurda superintendent's word is now acceptable as evidence for a conviction in gangland cases. Furthermore, I think we're probably alone in Western Europe in dispensing with jury trials in certain circumstances. Then there's also the CAB which has been replicated right across Europe as an instrument of targetting organised crime. I think if you look at the bigger picture rather than get carried away by isolated incidents, then it's clear that Ireland is a low crime country, and has the necessary legislation in place to deal with those who seek to break the law.

In regards suicide, I'm not an expert but I'd be fairly confident that the suicide rates in Ireland have not gone through the roof in recent years. If anything, such deaths tended to be under reported in the past due to the stigma that was attached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

i started a thread earlier in relation to a pub being taken over by a group
    of "men"....{i use the term loosely..animals behave better
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66821366#post66821366 }
    SO...
    i was talking to a friend earlier....about this incident,the Gardaí,Travellers,and general scum and their criminal records etc.
    and i really do feel despair at what kind of a country we've become..
    {or maybe already were,and its the reporting of these crimes thats increased and not the crimes themselves}
    for instance:
    the arsonist in that garage...120k damage=suspended sentence.
    politicians relation+child abuse=suspended sentence.
    Men filing into court to shake the hand of a rapist in front of his VICTIM!
    i could go on....

scumbags who kill someone/maim/steal and its discovered at their trial they have 'x' number of convictions..{usually double figures}
    and nothings been done about it.-till then.
    usually though the damage is already doneandits too late.
    the buddy i spoke to recalled an incident when aburglar was caught on the road having tried to steal his car....gardaí duly arrived...and the razzer told him and it was this guy's fourth time that night being arrested.!!!!
    i feel we've gone too far in the wrong direction..used to be too far in the 'PC' direction...ie couldn't swear/show nudity on TV..
    now i think its swung completely the opposite.
    i think we've become de-sensitised/used to/ignoring/accepted this type of behaviour and attitude.
    don't get me wrong,i'm fairly liberal,
    but......
    *i'm actually amazed there hasn't been a lynching or someone just snapping and going nuts.. a lá USA..*
    I think one of the problems is social isolation.
    ack of community spirit....
    we have never been more able to span great distances,connect and reach out to each other via our Telecommunications advancements than ever before yet the biggest killer of young men in Ireland in the year 2010 is..???
    SUICIDE
    ...in fact i don't know what the solution is.....
    whatever happened to :
    you're hungry?...here half my lunch
    i'm hungry,thanks for sharing....
    i mean FFS its better to light a candle than curse the darkness...

Greed,bitterness,poverty,power,lack of discipline.
    No it wasnt always like that.
    And i agree with you,but also thankfully the country is not as bad as some others.And i think the police are doing a good job in most cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

caseyann wrote: »
    Greed,bitterness,poverty,power,lack of discipline.
    No it wasnt always like that.

You'd be surprised to find that it was, and often times much much worse. Just read the Ryan Report.

Advertisement