Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Club/EA PGA 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Would recommend everyone give Magnolia National, Georgia course a go. Its basically Augusta so can get your masters fix there. Theres a few different versions. Its tough but a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Would recommend everyone give Magnolia National, Georgia course a go. Its basically Augusta so can get your masters fix there. Theres a few different versions. Its tough but a bit of fun.

Second this. They have a version for every day of the tournament (Thurs-Sun). Played a quick round on Sunday and it absolutely nails the look of the place, the shot onto the 11th green in particular, down the hill, was perfect.

The same guy also made the Par 3 Augusta course, fair play to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Actual gameplay footage from the EA game.......meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

PGA Tour 2015 out this week, but no Augusta...

Anyone played the XBox demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Played about 3-4 hours. It's only middling for me so far. Graphics are kind of poor, considering it's on the 'new' consoles. The models are a bit sh*te and I've noticed a decent bit of pop-in. Now, it's a golf game so it's obviously not a dealbreaker but I was just disappointed. Like if you saw it on 360 you wouldn't be blown away.

Gameplay wise, it's decent. Controls are a lot more customisable than The Club. Of the swings modes, there's 'three-click', 'arcade' (which I presume is like the old one with boost and mid-flight spin) and 'tour'(or something like that, can't remember the exact name). That version is very similar to The Club if you've played it, though a bit more forgiving. I've customised it so I have the 'tour' swing but I can zoom into the target, which is handy (minus the shot arc and all that).

Been playing season only. Customisation of your character's actual appearance is kind of limited if you're into that. For your face, you just pick skin tone and it kind of gives you the face, you can't go putting your eyes really far apart or give yourself a Michael Jackson nose if ya wanted! Attributes wise, it's kind of interesting. You pick traits rather than upgrade skills individually. So I have a trait that improves my power attributes and another that boosts my putting ones. You can unlock four overall I think

Overall it's grand. Wouldn't really go paying full-price for it though, 25-30 tops. I'd probably have it ahead of The Club but I'm a bit of a sucker for licensed gear and stuff like that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 kev1990

I have just Downloaded the new ea golf game for ps4, however all that seems to be available is the quick round or Prologue, Anyone else have this problem?

I have it as well, that just means it's still installing, you can only play prologue or quick round of chambers bay while it's installing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Is it any good lads

The gameplay is good I think but it's got almost no content. Barely any pros, not many courses and the career mode is pretty shocking. I remember in the old ones there was a sense of achievement in unlocking the various clubs, now there's barely any licensed clubs and it's just a slow progression to unlock them. Quick rounds is a great idea and works well though. Graphics are mediocre compared to other next gen sports games. Don't get the online tournaments, the open is on at the moment yet there's no online tournaments at St. Andrews. Odd. There's no alternative shot option either which kinda ruins local multiplayer for me as that's what we always played that.

6/10 about right I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kev1990

I have it as well, that just means it's still installing, you can only play prologue or quick round of chambers bay while it's installing

How long did it take to install? I've had the game since Thursday and no change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

The gameplay is good I think but it's got almost no content. Barely any pros, not many courses and the career mode is pretty shocking. I remember in the old ones there was a sense of achievement in unlocking the various clubs, now there's barely any licensed clubs and it's just a slow progression to unlock them. Quick rounds is a great idea and works well though. Graphics are mediocre compared to other next gen sports games. Don't get the online tournaments, the open is on at the moment yet there's no online tournaments at St. Andrews. Odd. There's no alternative shot option either which kinda ruins local multiplayer for me as that's what we always played that.

6/10 about right I think.

Sounds like an EA game to me.

kev1990 wrote: »
    How long did it take to install? I've had the game since Thursday and no change

Must be something up then, I left mine installing while I was in work but It only took a few hours at most. Maybe delete it and re download? It's a strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Picked up the golf club last week working towards handicap finding the wind/ green slopes inconsistent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

It feels years since I last bought a golf game, which is weird cause me and the lads used to put serious hours into Tiger Woods. It just seems to have lost its way a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,451 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Really enjoying Rory 2015 especially the career mode reminds me of the old tiger games, have the Golf Club as well but have sank more hours into Rory 2015

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I found myself wondering why I hadn't seen any sign of a golf game from EA in so long. They never released it on PC so I guess that's that. I played more of Tiger Woods on XBox with my friends in the 00's than probably any other game, would love to have it to play again.

I've played both and prefer The Golf Club. If you want a challenge - TGC, if you want to breeze through a game - Ror Ror's. Played all the Tiger Woods games on PC and 360 and it was good playing with friends but it all became too easy, especially the last Masters iteration. I've put over 120hrs into TGC and still feel it can kick me in the a$$ if I'm not careful on some courses. It's probably like comparing and arcade game to a simulation really, but whatever your preference is.

It was the "pick up and play" nature of it that made it work so well as a local multiplayer game - add to that "house rules" that we imposed upon each other for laughs.

*bump* So it was my birthday and my brother sent me this via Steam. Loving it so far, the old skills and deficiencies are coming back to me fro mthe hundreds of hours of Tiger Woods :D

OK, this is one of those "NO FKING WAY!" moments in gaming...

415734.jpg

The announcer even said "Welcome to Craggy Island Links" so it's built into the game, not a user generated course :)

• Advertisement

I see The Golf Club 2019 is out with some of the PGA events on it and a proper career mode it's €50 on PSN probably the same on Xbox store. Anyone picking it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭Glebee

I see The Golf Club 2019 is out with some of the PGA events on it and a proper career mode it's €50 on PSN probably the same on Xbox store. Anyone picking it up?

After the Golf Club 2 not going to bother.

I bought 2 and played it once.

I have 1 digitally and 2 was identical. Didn't see the need to hold onto the second one for miniscule changes.

Would imagine the changes are similar given the shorter turn around to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anyone played the golf club 2019? Looking for a good golf game for ps4!

I have it on PC and play it a good bit, over 40 hrs so far I think, I have probably over 200hrs across all of the Golf Club games. It is certainly the most realistic and challenging, not for the faint hearted. But imho, it is streets ahead of anything out there. Was a big fan of the Tiger games and I did play the Rory Mc game but that was just waaaaay too easy.

It does have a campaign with some good official courses like Sawgrass, and you can get custom ones easy enough for every other big course out there. I haven't tried multiplayer yet but I'm an anti-social barsterd at best anyways :)

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    I have it on PC and play it a good bit, over 40 hrs so far I think, I have probably over 200hrs across all of the Golf Club games. It is certainly the most realistic and challenging, not for the faint hearted. But imho, it is streets ahead of anything out there. Was a big fan of the Tiger games and I did play the Rory Mc game but that was just waaaaay too easy.

It does have a campaign with some good official courses like Sawgrass, and you can get custom ones easy enough for every other big course out there. I haven't tried multiplayer yet but I'm an anti-social barsterd at best anyways :)

Sounds good enough to me. Was also a fan of tiger woods games on PS3. No interest in multi player either

They're great fun in couch competitive mode, but that's the only multi-player I'd be interested in with this sort of game. It's €50 on the PS Store, but a quick Google reveals it's only €27 from Littlewoods for PS4 and €25 for a Steam Key from G2A, so might make it a more tempting offer at that sorta price.

Might be on sale on console over the Masters weekend in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

This still have the issue where the ball bounces on the green and keeps running (no backspin)?

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    They're great fun in couch competitive mode, but that's the only multi-player I'd be interested in with this sort of game. It's €50 on the PS Store, but a quick Google reveals it's only €27 from Littlewoods for PS4 and €25 for a Steam Key from G2A, so might make it a more tempting offer at that sorta price.

Only 20 quid in GameStop

Advertisement