Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

hallo dare wrote: »
    It's there!

Dying-light

But buy it on the US PSN, way cheaper, and you can still play it on your own account.

Thanks it wasn't like that yesterday it disappeared and then when you searched for it, it would show it without a price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It's there!

Dying-light

But buy it on the US PSN, way cheaper, and you can still play it on your own account.

The way the euro is vs the dollar at the minute the saving is about 7 or 8 eu.

If you can wait 10 days for it to arrive and still have it 2 weeks before eu release it'll cost you about 55 off video games plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Few reviews are in now:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dying-light

So far an
    80 average

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

humanji wrote: »
    It's running great on PC for me, though I do have a new machine. I'm quite enjoying it, though I'm only really just past the prologue. I hadn't a clue what was going on in my fist night section when the agile feckers (no idea what their name is yet) started chasing me down. It wasn't until I died and had to do it over that I realised they had vision cones and I had to sneak past them. It's pretty cool the sense of panic you get from trying to evade them.

Just a couple of questions for those who played more than me:

1) When I go into my inventory it tells me it's backpack 4/4. Am I being stupid and this is just the amount of weapons I can have, and I've filled all 4 spaces, or are there several backpacks? It doesn't explain it in game, so had me wondering.

2) are you safe to land on any blue area, when you jump from a height? Or is it just the rubbish bags?

weapons you just double click the one on the left in the inventory slots then click the slots on the right to put it in your weapons load out and you can unlock more backpack space with survival points i think

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Running fine for me too on PC , GTX 660ti and i5 2500k @ 4.3ghz.
    Graphics card is nowhere near high end but game runs fine, will run better when i take delivery of new card today aswell as new monitor :P
    Game itself is okay i suppose,nothing amazing and a tad bit boring so fa rbut i havent played much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The boy has the minimum 6870 with 15 2500k and 8gb ram, its pretty much unplayable. Notice people with borderline nvidia cards running it perfectly........

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Running at around 30fps with FX6300 & R9 270, 8GB Ram. Smooth enough to play, now just to get rid of herself tonight for a few hours.....The problem with this game is it's only running on one core properly, needs to be patched, lots of high end rigs barely getting 60fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Looking at the recommended specs on can you run it for the PC and says my card doesn't meet the requirements despite it being above them?

89kerW.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Would this be ok to run it? Not sure whether to get it on PC or PS4.

336906.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

humanji wrote: »
    Just a couple of questions for those who played more than me:

1) When I go into my inventory it tells me it's backpack 4/4. Am I being stupid and this is just the amount of weapons I can have, and I've filled all 4 spaces, or are there several backpacks? It doesn't explain it in game, so had me wondering.

2) are you safe to land on any blue area, when you jump from a height? Or is it just the rubbish bags?

For 1) Yeah at the start you can hold 4 weapons in your holding weapons slots and an additional 4 in the backpack. One of the first unlocks for the Survival tree gives you an additional 4 slots. I have noticed that when I crafted a flare it also ended up in there which I thought was strange.

Not so sure about 2) I know you can land on rubbish dumps, skips, cars and some roofs and not sustain any damage but I've nearly killed myself multiple times so not the best person to comment on this. It is a rush jumping off the tallest electrical towers and trying to land on the small rubbish dumps though :cool: There are agility unlocks around level 8 I think that reduce fall damage and eventually allow you to roll on landing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Played 3 hours of it there with some mates in Co-op, great craic! Hopefully have a video of it soon for guys that are still undecided :)

Jeez, do you work???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Will this be available at midnight on European psn store then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Gandalph wrote: »
    Will this be available at midnight on European psn store then?

Did you read any of the last few posts? I posted a link. It's already available

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

Pre-ordered this a while ago from amazon, got the email today saying the physical Pc release has been pushed to March sometime :(

vex wrote: »
    Pre-ordered this a while ago from amazon, got the email today saying the physical Pc release has been pushed to March sometime :(

Is it not the same time as the PS4 physical release FEB 27th?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

Is it not the same time as the PS4 physical release FEB 27th?

I think it originally was , the email said the estimated arrival date for PC has changed to March 02 -04.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

dreamers75 wrote: »
    The boy has the minimum 6870 with 15 2500k and 8gb ram, its pretty much unplayable. Notice people with borderline nvidia cards running it perfectly........
    I have a 660ti and i5, only problem I've had is shuddering during cutscenes. Turning field of distance down makes a big difference

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I've played an hour so far and I am finding the game very enjoyable.

The 'be the zombie' mode has potential, I just played the training mission for it so far, I can't wait to invade people's games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,098 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The Steam edition just got it's first patch, and they do refer to a bunch of performance optimizations. The notes are a bit light on details.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Hey anybody on psn playing wanna add me go ahead, goon_magee is my username

Always game for some co op however very few ppl on my friends list playing so any fellow ps4 players would be appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Would like to know if this is more like Far Cry 3 than leaning toward the original Dead Island. Never really got on with the 1st game cos it felt and looked cheap and wonky. If this is more like FC3 with zombies and parkour, Ill likely pick it up at some point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,098 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Agricola wrote: »
    Would like to know if this is more like Far Cry 3 than leaning toward the original Dead Island. Never really got on with the 1st game cos it felt and looked cheap and wonky. If this is more like FC3 with zombies and parkour, Ill likely pick it up at some point.

It's less cartoony and more grounded graphically than Dead Island. But it still has some less than realistic aspects such as adding fire and electrical effects to wrenches and all that. FC3 with zombies and parkour wouldn't be a terrible description all said.

Yep, Far Cry 3 with a dash of TLOU.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Was about to pick it up this morning on Steam until I read the dreaded words: Season Pass.

I guess I'll avoid it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Was about to pick it up this morning on Steam until I read the dreaded words: Season Pass.

I guess I'll avoid it.

Wow you'd not play many games these days so :P

Even as a selfconfessed achievement whore I can pick up a game and not be compelled to buy a season pass. If I enjoyed the game and don't think they are taking the piss with the season pass / removing content to sell to me later I'll have a second bite, other wise they can keep their DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Spear wrote: »
    The Steam edition just got it's first patch, and they do refer to a bunch of performance optimizations. The notes are a bit light on details.

Patch fixed the stuttering for me, running liquid smooth now on high settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

dreamers75 wrote: »

I have 6950 and I have a similar issue. They have yielded that AMD/ATI hardware requires an additional patch. In the meantime. If you use this launcher for the game you can access additional settings to make it more playable if you don't mind sacrificing some pretties.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/239140/discussions/0/604941528470729562/#p1

Brought my frame rate up from 20-25ish to 60 by sacrificing some shadows etc. It'll do until the AMD patch comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Does anyone actually own this game on console ;)

it really highlights the benefits of console gaming where you can turn on and get gaming without all the fuss of adjustments and patches for certain setups.

I am currently 7 hrs in at the moment and really enjoying the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Agricola wrote: »

i didnt like dead island either, thought the exact same as you. I like dyling light though, nigthtime scares the bejasyus out of me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

@FAILSAFE 00

The console versions are limited to 30fps. The 'fuss' people are having is that they can't get it to 60fps reliably and that the graphic settings and how they effect performance are strange.

In other words the 'fuss' of low FPS (30 and sub 30) is guaranteed on the console version, with absolutely no way to fix it or change graphic settings to suit your preference. I don't see how that's a positive highlight for modern console gaming.

Advertisement