Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Okay, where did Cass get the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

mloc123 wrote: »
    Okay, where did Cass get the car?

It's that youngfella Seans car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Ah no, Charlottes back :(
    And John Deegan!

Is Lucy trying to set Bob up with Dolores or what?

happyday wrote: »
    And John Deegan!

Is Lucy trying to set Bob up with Dolores or what?

John Deegan handing out the traffic tickets like a good Garda he is..

I can see Lucy taking Bob to the cleaners, give some bollix about harassment that ****, might get the end of the story there next year some time..

****** Charlottes back

and someone give john a storyline i like to see him act

and that graham will someone hold him down while i get a sciccors

gwan pete give lucy what for

why no fair city on wednesday

Neil is a legend, if it wasn't for him and Cass there'd be no point in watching. Especially now the delectable Dearbhla is gone.

http://youtu.be/0uvepC85hpU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Deagan is back on the beat,
    cracking skulls and smashing teeth,
    parking fines he eats raw meat
    life in uniform blisters on feet.

Alot of people may not know this but deagan was the lead singer in an ian drury and the blockheads tribute group with leo when they were only young lads in their 40s. It was this murky world of sex drugs and rock n roll and a smack of a large senegalese mans rythem stick that led john to a life of law enforcement .

I see hes being brought back into it because its close to lucy getting arrested/getting away.

John deagan would rather you left town than went to prison. Hes busy looking after carrickstown . He doesnt owe you a bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,541 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

msg11 wrote: »
    It's that youngfella Seans car.

Where used Sean park it before?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where used Sean park it before?

Outside his and Finn's house? Back of Spar?

That's a good question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

People trying to make voting out to be cool. :rolleyes: At least Bosco understood the bull****, Colin Farrell also seemed to.

• Advertisement

Colin Farrell should film a few scenes in Fair City :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I've been away a month. Can anyone give me a brief synopsis of whats happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Bob now realises that there's something odd with Lucy. That's pretty much the only thing that happened in the last month. :pac:

Sean went off to Canada after all but might come back sooner than expected, he hinted at that. A long-haired wonder called Graham has been introduced to take Rachel's heart. Pete's son, Neil, is working in Vino's and is a huge success but that is bound to come down soon since he seems to have a recent dodgy past (possibly drugs?). Eddie has gone into business with Deco, working in the office with Dermot and Ester (yep the same one he robbed a while back).

14/08/12
    Paul is moody with his employees at the garage, leaving Ray and Keith puzzled by his behaviour. Feeling lost and fearing he has wasted his life, Paul goes AWOL. On his return, he levels with Niamh that his working life at the garage has to come to an end. Niamh reminds him of his responsibilities and even suggests evening classes, but Paul doesn't take it well.
    Later, Paul is delighted when Niamh gives him the go-ahead to do some research and start over. Paul asks Wayne to manage the garage for a month while he sorts himself out. His spirits are lifted by the prospect of freedom, but Niamh is concerned.
    Meanwhile, Rachel looks for an opportunity to lose her virginity to Graham. Yvonne gets suspicious when she hears of a planned sleepover at Shannon's. She calls Rachel on her plan and gets stern with her young niece. Later, Shannon refuses to be Rachel's cover while she attends Graham's party. Yvonne also delivers some words of warning to Graham, and he is suitably intimidated.
    Elsewhere, Neil is surprised when Pete gives him advice on winning Sash over, while Cass is livid when Keith causes him to get a parking fine.

15/08/12
    Paul is relieved when Wayne accepts his offer of a month's trial managing the garage. Wayne is delighted and buys flowers for Lucy and his mum, which he presents to them while breaking the news. Wayne also asks Lucy to move in with him again and she finally agrees. Soon afterwards, Lucy feels increasingly dissatisfied and panicky as Dolores shares the news with Pete. When Dolores is out, Lucy and Pete spar - showing their true hostility towards each other.
    Later, Lucy feigns distress in front of Wayne over how Pete has been treating her. Lucy tells Wayne that she called out Pete over faking the back injury and Pete lost his temper, telling her how he would turn Wayne and Dolores against her. A fuming Wayne takes a break from work to confront Pete about his alleged threat to Lucy and indeed his fake back injury. However, Dolores arrives and interrupts before Wayne and Pete can clarify their positions.
    Meanwhile, Yvonne finally tells Niamh about the Rachel situation. At the same time, Rachel is displeased when she finds out that Charlotte is planning to play gooseberry throughout her illicit date night at The Station. Later, Rachel is turned away by the bouncer and she is hurt when Graham continues on through the doors with Charlotte, instead of walking her home.
    Yvonne and Niamh then find Rachel at home, feeling sorry for herself. Niamh's relief lets Rachel know that Yvonne has broken her confidence about sleeping with Graham. Yvonne and Niamh are delighted when Rachel says that she never wants to see Graham again. Back on the night out, Charlotte kisses Graham and convinces him to take her home with him…
    Elsewhere, Sash agrees to go on another date with Neil, while Cass devises strategies to obtain free parking but they backfire.

16/08/12
    Wayne asks Pete to stay away from Lucy. However, Pete defends himself against Lucy's allegations, claiming that this is her manipulative agenda at work. Later, Dolores is pleasantly surprised when she finds that Pete has organised a day out for the two of them. Pete feels reassured by Dolores's warmth towards him, and makes a call to a jewellery shop in town about rings.
    Soon afterwards, Lucy comes home pretending to have a headache. Dolores steps out to get painkillers for her, and Lucy takes the opportunity to threaten Pete that if he turns Dolores against her, he'll regret it. When Dolores returns, Lucy pretends to feel faint and Dolores decides she must stay home to look after Lucy. Lucy then continues her campaign to make Wayne think Pete is a work-shy gold-digger. However, Pete finds his mettle and proposes to Dolores on bended knee. Dolores accepts and rejoices.
    Meanwhile, when Rachel meets Graham, she is cool to him but she still doesn't know that he slept with Charlotte. Soon afterwards, Charlotte tells Rachel that she went home with a guy last night and that she saw Graham chatting up some other girl. Later, Charlotte gets pressure from Graham not to reveal what happened. Graham doesn't exactly let Charlotte down easily when he tells her they're finished, and he'd rather Rachel didn't find out.
    Elsewhere, Decco attempts to drum up business for Chariot, while Sash and Neil have taken their relationship to the next level, but can straight-laced Sash handle Neil's party lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Dublinfan

I dont normally watch fair city but forgot to turn the tv off after ee:D but whats the deal with rachels boyfriend the acting is absoulty awful and his haircut .. i dont think fair city know anything about teens

Dublinfan wrote: »
    I dont normally watch fair city but forgot to turn the tv off after ee:D but whats the deal with rachels boyfriend the acting is absoulty awful and his haircut .. i dont think fair city know anything about teens

Who does in all fairness? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Dublinfan wrote: »

Who does in all fairness? :D

In the real world, Charlotte would be told to "f..k off" and that "everyone hopes you get a relapse you f..king b..ch" by her peers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I can appreciate Wayne's character is the comic relief, but jaysus, he annoys the shyte outta me whenever he comes on screen...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

Couldn't agre more Booters, couldn't agre more

I'm even more lost in this Lucy story line to be honest.

Is she trying to make her have no friends or something so she is always with her? What's her reason for it, Christ on a bike its taking its time at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Just saw on Aertel that the two ex wives are back ..... Louie's and Christy's..... deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

as in Renee?? Aw good I liked her!

sue z wrote: »
    as in Renee?? Aw good I liked her!

So did Bob...and not just in soap world

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Saw on the front of one of those soap magazines today that the catress who plays the Dillon sister who works in the bar, forget her name, is taking a break from 'acting'

• Advertisement

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Saw on the front of one of those soap magazines today that the catress who plays the Dillon sister who works in the bar, forget her name, is taking a break from 'acting'

tv now magazine only 1.20 handy to read the soap 50 cent cheaper than the rte guide :D im quoting the cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

From what I read in the article actress that plays Neasa is taking a break from FC to act in a play
    she will be back

Lisha wrote: »
    From what I read in the article actress that plays Neasa is taking a break from FC to act in a play
    she will be back

Something erotic hopefully...she's ridiculously hot

Jame Gumb wrote: »

Quote from TV Now........Aoibhinn garrihy is taking a little time out of her soap star duties to delve into the theatrical role of Miss hester Worsely, a puritanical American in Oscar Wilde's A Woman of no Importance in the Gate theatre

Sorry Jane Gumb dont sound too hot to me:D

Lisha wrote: »

Quote from TV Now........Aoibhinn garrihy is taking a little time out of her soap star duties to delve into the theatrical role of Miss hester Worsely, a puritanical American in Oscar Wilde's A Woman of no Importance in the Gate theatre

Sorry Jane Gumb dont sound too hot to me:D

Puritanical? That very opposite of erotic!

• Advertisement

Puritanical? That very opposite of erotic!

However I once over heard a conversation where two men were discussing a woman, the first said she s a pure ice maiden I would not bother trying. Second man said you've obviously never made one melt so;)

May I point out such opinions are not representative of mine and so on:D:D:D down with this sort of thing and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

am not sure why they're bringing Renee back, I hated the way they changed her character with the whole Turlough thing.

I wish they'd bring Heather back instead.

xalot wrote: »
    am not sure why they're bringing Renee back, I hated the way they changed her character with the whole Turlough thing.

I wish they'd bring Heather back instead.
    I wish theyd bring turlough back from the dead to go to somalia to persuade david to come back and look after his kid who is now in austrailia because of him . He could use his zombie powers to offer him a deal he cant refuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

Renee is coming back?!! Did not see that coming at all!!

A few weeks ago I was walking down the quays in Dublin and passed by a little sign outside a pub near Liberty Hall saying there was a play on at lunchtimes and Una Kavanagh (Heather!) was in it!

and I just looked at her website...apparently she is/was a storyline writer for Fair City?!! http://www.unakavanagh.ie/biog.html :confused:

was was fair city on last night

A few weeks ago I was walking down the quays in Dublin and passed by a little sign outside a pub near Liberty Hall saying there was a play on at lunchtimes and Una Kavanagh (Heather!) was in it!

and I just looked at her website...apparently she is/was a storyline writer for Fair City?!! http://www.unakavanagh.ie/biog.html :confused:

Shelly is a writer on Fair City now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

Who was Shelly? I think she may have been before my Fair City viewing time...

Who was Shelly? I think she may have been before my Fair City viewing time...

Shelley and Dolores were mates (both hairdressers from memory).

Harry Molloy (Dolores' husband / Wayne's father) had an affair with her.

She also popped up last year during an episode when Tommy and Jo were down at the ploughing championships. It turned out that she had an affair with Tommy too (offscreen).

was was fair city on last night
    No - there's only two episodes this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

That ginger boy with the half a haircut. :mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement

What I love about FC is the realistic storylines - such as 15 year old Rachel straight out telling her aunt that she's going to bang her 16 year old boyfriend. And then expecting her to say nothing to her parents.
    No doubt that happens all the time in the real world. :pac:

DeepBlue wrote: »
    What I love about FC is the realistic storylines - such as 15 year old Rachel straight out telling her aunt that she's going to bang her 16 year old boyfriend. And then expecting her to say nothing to her parents.
    No doubt that happens all the time in the real world. :pac:

She'll tell Bella, who'll give Rachel advice. After school special. Awhhhh and Uhhh sick! at the same time.

I am sure its been asked before but is the comb over coming back into fashion?

Liz hurley left her car in the garage . It made paul shout at keith.

Elmo wrote: »
    She'll tell Bella, who'll give Rachel advice. After school special. Awhhhh and Uhhh sick! at the same time.

Gross .............If that actually happens my tv is going out the window:D

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Dublinfan

love how one of the last episodes the announcer goes up next fair city where cass has problems parking his car on the sidewalk... gripping stuff there:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

So did Bob...and not just in soap world

Spill

Lol'd at Orla's line "do you want condoms with that"

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lol'd at Orla's line "do you want condoms with that"

Lol I think that was the best line last night.

Lucy and Pete are sizing each other up. Wonder will Lucy break Deloras and Pete up and then go all crazy on Deloras.

I am picturing a hostage siege at Christmas with Degan as the hero of the hour.

• Advertisement

Yes seen an ad for her return as part of RTE drama autumn schedule, why bring her back she was an useless boring character first time around and if they want to bring back older characters then get someone like Tracey or even Anne Clarke or Christy's daughter Farrah (the later two they could recast)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement