Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 12 Transfers.

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

FHFC wrote: »
    I'd wait to see if he really has a nailed on start. He was excellent for Ireland but he underwhelmed in Hulls defeat to Burnley. Guardian preview reckoned Bruce was expected to ring some changes. Robertson will be pressing hard for a run and also excellent form in the internationals.

if he holds the place I may invest, but premature this week imo.

Good advice but I've pulled the trigger now :o It may prove to be a very silly move come Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Clyne -> Yun
    Welbeck -> Costa

Bit of a change of plan with my transfers this week, was going to do Tadic -> Hazard before the injury doubts made me rethink.

If that bugger gets suspended straight away then at least I have the option of a quick transfer out without having to worry about value, it'd just be an awful waste of transfers... Anyway we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
    Clyne was on the chopping board down the line and now I'm free to scream all kinds of abuse at Welbeck.

Team for this GW

Guzan (Given)
    Coleman, Chambers, Duff (Yun, Hutton)
    Di Maria, Sanchez, Tadic, Boyd (Downing)
    Costa, Aguero, Pelle

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    Rooney s scores in bursts, he loves playing arsenal,then 2 home games.......of course he is playing deep but I'm still optimistic for him over next 3\4 weeks!

Ye It was a tough decision but I just couldn't justify spending over 10 mil on a striker that chances are will play in midfield. If he plays up top today I'll do pelle to rooney next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Am i mad t consider banking my FT considering I have both Fab and Downing as doubtful?

I'm doing the same. Was thinking of Oscar or hazard to replace Fab but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I'm doing the same. Was thinking of Oscar or hazard to replace Fab but I'm not sure.

really not ready to move Fabregas on yet if it can be avoided, mister consistent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭G1032

I've been looking again at the Costa situation.

I've decided either way that Aguero is my captain this week.

Only way I can reasonably get Costa in (without taking a 12 or 16 hit) is for a minus 8 by selling Welbeck and Baines.

Say Baines and Welbeck get 0 points. Costa and the <4.1 defednder need 9 points then for the transfer to be profitable this week.
    Defender would be Yun. He gets 2 points. Costa then needs just 7, which he'll surely get.

If Baines and Welbeck manage a point each Costa will then need 9. If he goes riot and gets 17 then I'll only be down 8 points. Not a total disaster.

I'll leave the transfers I think and fingers crossed it'll work out alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

G1032 wrote: »

Only way I can reasonably get Costa in (without taking a 12 or 16 hit) is for a minus 8 by selling Welbeck and Baines.

Say Baines and Welbeck get 0 points. Costa and the <4.1 defednder need 9 points then for the transfer to be profitable this week.
    Defender would be Yun. He gets 2 points. Costa then needs just 7, which he'll surely get.

If Baines and Welbeck manage a point each Costa will then need 9. If he goes riot and gets 17 then I'll only be down 8 points. Not a total disaster.

Thats my exact thinking as i'm not going to capt costa by staying away from costa this week if he scores a hat trick and gets 17 ill only be down 11 worst case scenario. The 2 at worst ill get from Pellè and the 4 pt hit I don't have to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thats my exact thinking as i'm not going to capt costa by staying away from costa this week if he scores a hat trick and gets 17 ill only be down 11 worst case scenario. The 2 at worst ill get from Pellè and the 4 pt hit I don't have to take.

I'm hoping Costa gets booked so I can sell him for bony for few weeks and get hazard in for tadic
    best laid plans and all that ......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

No transfers from me for the week, must have gone mad! Repairs needed in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Team this week is most likely:

Krul
    Duff Chambers Chester / Baines Wisdom
    Fabregas Sanchez Siggy Boyd / Downing
    Costa Pelle Aguero

Its looking like Baines and Downing wont make it. Anyone any sugestions with one free transfer? Pretty happy with most of my team, but would consider getting rid of Chester/Boyd/Downing. Have 1.2 in the bank.

Thinking longer term downgrading chester and upgrading downing. Might transfer Pelle out next week to give more money to Downings upgrade.

Anyone any ideas? Any cheap defenders with good fixtures coming up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

km79 wrote: »
    I'm hoping Costa gets booked so I can sell him for bony for few weeks and get hazard in for tadic
    best laid plans and all that ......

Good job you posted this because I was alredy planning a 4 point hit next week to bring him in and ship Clyne out. This changes things, I'll make a move on Hazard first. Thanks for the reminder!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I've just gone and done two quick transfers for a -4. I'm taking a chance on Lukaku to hit form with a nice run of fixtures and I've done brought Caulker in sooner rather than later due to the Baines "injury".

I've got Lukaku:confused::o:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Very boring Colo>Duff figured I seemed to be the only person who didn't have him so may as well throw him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've just gone and done two quick transfers for a -4. I'm taking a chance on Lukaku to hit form with a nice run of fixtures and I've done brought Caulker in sooner rather than later due to the Baines "injury".

Have some Mick if it's not too late :)

i1CDh3vChnJuG.gif

I like those transfers though, or well it certainly spices things up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

could be worse somehow I've ended up with victor Moses

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Have some Mick if it's not too late :)

i1CDh3vChnJuG.gif

I like those transfers though, or well it certainly spices things up :pac:

Its never too late(or early) for some Mick

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

manual_man wrote: »
    Its never too late(or early) for some Mick

:)

It's always too late and early for Mick. He creeps me out. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

:pac: :pac: :pac:

How dare u

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Report post. I demand a substantial ban. Mick love has to be in the charter somewhere......doesn't it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Report post. I demand a substantial ban. Mick love has to be in the charter somewhere......doesn't it???

We cant have a statement of allegiance to a man who is a traitor to his country in our charter. That would split the forum in two!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

In that tea gif, he smiles like a man who is fond of terrible, terrible things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'd delete that last post Ziegler

Hokay, although that .gif has been posted before

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭G1032

G1032 wrote: »

So.... Costa and Yun scored 8 between them. I just need Welbeck not to get a negative score now......!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

In that tea gif, he smiles like a man who is fond of terrible, terrible things.

Thats a little bit of Mick we could all do with inside us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

We cant have a statement of allegiance to a man who is a traitor to his country in our charter. That would split the forum in two!

I won't rise to that bait. I'll simply refer you to the most recent philosophical quote from the great man himself.

Asked by a reporter "some people could be disappointed at that result mick?" He replied "some people can fùck off". :D:D

His quotes are better than his gifs tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Cesc and Berty out for Sanchez and Yun is now competing for worst immediate returns with my GW4 transfer of Mata(8) and Eriksen(10) out for Jones(3) and Sterling(c)(2) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think everyone that took anyone out for Baines/Sanchez is looking the same right now (myself included - Cesc). It'll work out in the long run.

Advertisement