Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TY 2011/12 OFF-TOPIC Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭P H A 7V T O M

Yo, FYG, if you want to make the youtube vid work, what you do is

1)Press "youtube", which will give you this ----> [YOUTUB3][/YOUTUBE]
    2)In the middle of the two brackets, copy/paste the video code, which is at the end of the link (the code for the vid you posted was "wKqrduCvwvw")

So, you make it look like this:

[YOUTUB£]wKqrduCvwvw[/YOUTUBE]

It should work... Was the video about Japan? Great, actually. Can't believe its only got 7,000 views.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Thanks Phantom! Yeah, it's about Japan... and Haiti... and there's a bit about stuff in America too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭IQDENIED

do yerselves favours skip this year its utter bollox, sooner people realise the better.

when i did it (compulsory) they claimed it matured the student wht ****... it turns you into a slacker.. routine is best why not carry jc into lc no need for ****e projects etc no1 cares over after school, its a year of regression.. fun maybe but who wants be 18 and still in bleedin skool eh? keep 'em happy eh?

decisive arguements for warmly welcomed, don't point out my grammar spelling all the kool kids do it these days.. soamidoingitrite?

IQDENIED wrote: »
    soamidoingitrite?

No.

FYG wrote: »
    No.

Very thought provoking comment, I'll have to defer on making a reply until you have been accredited with cool status before accepting. Adios amigo! :rolleyes:

Very thought provoking comment, I'll have to defer on making a reply until you have been accredited with cool status before accepting. Adios amigo! :rolleyes:

I'm already cool. :cool:

Anyway, we have to do TY in my school and we start our Leaving Cert courses in some subjects, while also going on a trips and doing a variety of activities so I have no problem with it.

School trips are lame... just like being cool is! :p

Remember kids sore losers aren't liked, but winners don't use drugs! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

do yerselves favours skip this year its utter bollox, sooner people realise the better.

when i did it (compulsory) they claimed it matured the student wht ****... it turns you into a slacker.. routine is best why not carry jc into lc no need for ****e projects etc no1 cares over after school, its a year of regression.. fun maybe but who wants be 18 and still in bleedin skool eh? keep 'em happy eh?

decisive arguements for warmly welcomed, don't point out my grammar spelling all the kool kids do it these days.. soamidoingitrite?

Banned..........
    heh.

And i think Phantom can be alright when he wantsto, just try not to piss everyone off, fighting on the internet is GAAAAAAY! And yes, Straight outta comton (Y)

MarkD09 wrote: »
    Banned..........
    heh.

And i think Phantom can be alright when he wantsto, just try not to piss everyone off, fighting on the internet is GAAAAAAY! And yes, Straight outta comton (Y)
    But I (genuinely) don't do it to piss people off.. I just get bored of mundane conversation sometimes. Sorry if it offends though. It isn't fighting! I prefer "drama" then "fighting".

See ya laterz

But I (genuinely) don't do it to piss people off.. I just get bored of mundane conversation sometimes. Sorry if it offends though. It isn't fighting! I prefer "drama" then "fighting".

See ya laterz

Well then i suppose thats fair enough..
    :)

• Advertisement

Leia. Fb. You're here i know..

Where is every one D: I'm babysitting my little cousins... They want me to make a smoothie so would watermelons, apples and oranges be ok? Or can I put watermelon into a juicer? Dammed kids :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Cut up the melon and skin it and itlll be fine

Cut up the melon and skin it and itlll be fine
    Yes sir :)
    Hah, they're watching the big big movie. I remember i lived for the big big movie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Leia. Fb. You're here i know..

Oh sry :/

I was in my friends house, I wasn't online :pac:

Indiego wrote: »
    Oh sry :/

I was in my friends house, I wasn't online :pac:

You thanked my post! God leah. I even spelled your name right :(:(

You thanked my post! God leah. I even spelled your name right :(:(

What? :/
    What post? :/

Oh wait, thattttt post :L
    Yeah I did that before I left, Was only having a quick look, then I left XD So i wasnt online long XD

What? :/
    What post? :/

Oh wait, thattttt post :L
    Yeah I did that before I left, Was only having a quick look, then I left XD So i wasnt online long XD

Comin to Blessington Lake tomorow? Love an oul swim there :)

Comin to Blessington Lake tomorow? Love an oul swim there :)

Hahahah I have bad memories with that lake XD
    Tis a nice lake though :pac:

• Advertisement

Hahahah I have bad memories with that lake XD
    Tis a nice lake though :pac:
    It is yeah :) So ill meet ya there at liiike 2.30 for a swim ok?:)

It is yeah :) So ill meet ya there at liiike 2.30 for a swim ok?:)

Hahahahahah XD

Its actually like the coldest ****ing lake in the world.. :pac:

Hahahahahah XD

Its actually like the coldest ****ing lake in the world.. :pac:

I know :L But new years= cold. Duh. At new years i was at a party and i din't even go outside, let alone in a lake :/

I know :L But new years= cold. Duh. At new years i was at a party and i din't even go outside, let alone in a lake :/

Not even at new years :L you know when it was like 25 degrees a few weeks back? Well I went for a swim, thinking it would be nicer, and, well, I was wronggggg XD One of my friends jumped off a tire swing into the water and almost had a heart attack id say :pac: twas ice cold :o

And well lucky you, you had somewhere in doors to go on new years :pac: I spend it in a tree/under a bush/on the 'beach' by the lake/in a field/in the lake hahaha XD 'Cos im classy like that :pac:

Not even at new years :L you know when it was like 25 degrees a few weeks back? Well I went for a swim, thinking it would be nicer, and, well, I was wronggggg XD One of my friends jumped off a tire swing into the water and almost had a heart attack id say :pac: twas ice cold :o

And well lucky you, you had somewhere in doors to go on new years :pac: I spend it in a tree/under a bush/on the 'beach' by the lake/in a field/in the lake hahaha XD 'Cos im classy like that :pac:

Hahaha at that party last night there was a swing over a river and one girl fell in hahah :L

Hahaha at that party last night there was a swing over a river and one girl fell in hahah :L

Hahaha that girl usually tends to be me :o
    Im quite retarded at parties and the like :pac:
    Shure who doesnt love falling in a river XD
    The stupidest thing I've probably done actually, now that I think about it, is at about 4am-ish I ran down the N81 in my pajamas with my friends, and I ran into a pole... hahahaha

• Advertisement

I ran down the N81 in my pajamas with my friends, and I ran into a pole... hahahaha
    Just the other night i done that :L
    N81, Countryyyy Roooooooooads taaake me hoooome!

Just the other night i done that :L
    N81, Countryyyy Roooooooooads taaake me hoooome!

Done what? Run down the N81 or Run into a pole? Or both? hahah XD

Hahahah didja hear theyre building a new N81? Part of it goes through a forest outside Blessington and they're cutting it all down :O :mad:

Gotta love the N81 tho XD

Just looked at the tags XD

''/banned., 9/11 was fake and gay, hmmmmmmm..., hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i like turtles., i love doing chores, jcers no more, leia<3???, leigha was here, loooooooooool, ninty<3leia4eva.xox, shadow4leia, stalked by 5th yrs wtf, ty4lief''

Phantom? hahahah

Just looked at the tags XD

''/banned., 9/11 was fake and gay, hmmmmmmm..., hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i like turtles., i love doing chores, jcers no more, leia<3???, leigha was here, loooooooooool, ninty<3leia4eva.xox, shadow4leia, stalked by 5th yrs wtf, ty4lief''

Phantom? hahahah
    Nevar forget!1!

He's staying true to his colours :L
    I feel sorry for these children. I feel so sick and I keep taking it out on them. And the oldest one said to her sister I have 'a hangover' then she explained what it was to her sister and they asked will they ask their dad how to cure it hahaha. But bad thing. BAD.

• Advertisement

He's staying true to his colours :L
    I feel sorry for these children. I feel so sick and I keep taking it out on them. And the oldest one said to her sister I have 'a hangover' then she explained what it was to her sister and they asked will they ask their dad how to cure it hahaha. But bad thing. BAD.

Hahahahah the poor kids :L Stuck with you.. (I kid, I kid)
    How'd the pancake making go? :L
    Did the ' Oh look- spinny cake mixer, lets curl our hair with it! Whoooosssshhhh (cake mixer) ARGHGHGHGHGHHHHHH (hurting) Gah, goo, aaah, bleh (DIES.)' 'Frying pan- Its like a drum! BASH BASH BASH hits siters head
    Cooker, oh look, red ring, Looks fun! Touches red ring. Tttssssst (burn) OWWWWW SORE (cries) Me: Uuurrrgh you fool. Fml. *jumps off second floor window' occur? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

How old are they ? :pac:

Hahahahahah i didnt make them :L Yet... Till wait till they beg and plead :L And one is 3, one is 6 and one is like twelve :L

Me and my friends are soo odd....
    We gave eachother nicknames from harry potter.. and then proceeded to have a conversation on FB going along the lines of: 'Ron, I told you already, its not soreeeee :L I LoVe YHoo BaybESzzzCakKESssss xoxoxoxo
    'I aInt ROn iM LunA LoVEGoOd BayBezZzZz XoXoXoXo'
    'NahhHHH HUnnIezzz YhUrrr GinNNy BayBezZzZz, YhOo DoNT LOvee-GuDD! GEddHiT? XD XOXOX'

Oh..my..god.....im so weird.. :pac:

Open up the liqour cabinet and let the kids "be taste testers for the new Ribena". Laughs ensue!

And then a lawsuit, inevitably.

The 9/11 thing was posted ages ago.

I'm sure everyone saw this, but is it more than coincedence? Perhaps al Queda targeted the SEAL's that killed Bin Laden specifically.

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16044868

Terrible news though.

Me and my friends are soo odd....
    We gave eachother nicknames from harry potter.. and then proceeded to have a conversation on FB going along the lines of: 'Ron, I told you already, its not soreeeee :L I LoVe YHoo BaybESzzzCakKESssss xoxoxoxo
    'I aInt ROn iM LunA LoVEGoOd BayBezZzZz XoXoXoXo'
    'NahhHHH HUnnIezzz YhUrrr GinNNy BayBezZzZz, YhOo DoNT LOvee-GuDD! GEddHiT? XD XOXOX'

Oh..my..god.....im so weird.. :pac:
    xoxox? Babycakes? Upper and lower case writing? CAPS?

Why is every girl on FB like that? They must all use the same keyboard or something.

Harry Potter ain't my thing. I like Emma Watson. For her ugh, acting skills?

This is more my style

Ahhh Robert DeNiro..... I love you.

xoxox? Babycakes? Upper and lower case writing? CAPS?

Why is every girl on FB like that? They must all use the same keyboard or something.

Ah no, we're taking the piss outta the people we know who do that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

A friend of mine has started texting me like that. Blooody retard
    WTH is it about?

WTH is it about?

Hahahah I honestly dont know tbh... its so annoying.... and it takes sooo long to write like that XD

Oh cool. Isn't that annoying?

A thing I can understand though is the complete overusage of smileys on the internet, it's the same with texts.... I rarely use them myself, and when I read stuff without smileys I usually presume the person is being very serious or sarcastic. Or is that me?

May as well end it with : :D

• Advertisement

Oh cool. Isn't that annoying?

A thing I can understand though is the complete overusage of smileys on the internet, it's the same with texts.... I rarely use them myself, and when I read stuff without smileys I usually presume the person is being very serious or sarcastic. Or is that me?

May as well end it with : :D

Nahhhhh XD

Are you being sarcastic? Cos you always used to slag me about using too many smiley faces XD

WTH is it about?
    If your friend is ending texts with this:

"Ok iLL SeE YoU lAtEr BaBIEcAEkZ luV U LoNG Time! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoXOXOOX"

then they most likely want to be in your trousers.

Liquor cabinet idea seems great. They don't drink and theres a big 1 litre bottle of vodka here, I'm always tempted to take some and water down the bottle for times of no money etc... But I resist. Imagine if they found out :O
    And leia, I'm about to make the pancakes fml :(

Liquor cabinet idea seems great. They don't drink and theres a big 1 litre bottle of vodka here, I'm always tempted to take some and water down the bottle for times of no money etc... But I resist. Imagine if they found out :O

I found a bottle of vodka hidden in my bathroom from when my cousin was staying for oxegen XD

You should just take my advice, let them do it themselves :pac:

Nahhhhh XD

Are you being sarcastic? Cos you always used to slag me about using too many smiley faces XD
    Not at all. I'm just saying in general. I personally don't tend to use them because I always thought it made you look like your under the age of 10. I remember you used this one in particular, but I forget which one it was. Only messing anyway!

bar "xD", that is. I love that smiley.

I remember you used this one in particular, but I forget which one it was.

Was it this one ':L' ? :pac:

They don't drink? "Shock Horror"!

Absolut is the only way! I know! Make some Ribena for them and top it off with Vodka... Tastes nice actually.

Oh yes, use this:

Because text-recipes make everything difficult.
    lol I ****in laughed my ass off at the top comment.

I think when people use no smileys it makes it harder to understand like what they think of someething.. like if its funny or sad... It could be oh :L or oh :D or oh :'(.. they make sentences sometimes, or maybe it's just me :L

Was it this one ':L' ? :pac:
    Yeah! It always made me think of this popular picture:

I-Dunno.jpg

• Advertisement

I think when people use no smileys it makes it harder to understand like what they think of someething.. like if its funny or sad... It could be oh :L or oh :D or oh :'(.. they make sentences sometimes, or maybe it's just me :L

Its not just you xD
    Because you cant see or hear the person you cant interpret what they're saying and how they feel about it I suppose :o

Am I the only one here who like suckkksss at phone calls? :pac:

Advertisement