Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocked Nokia Lumia 930 €430

Options
  • 23-07-2014 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

Picked up a Lumia 930 in Carphone Warehouse for €430 unlocked which is an extremely good price considering Expansys is selling them for €584 and it came with a free wireless charger

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Also don't forget to claim your free wireless bundle from this site...

http://lumia930offer.co.uk/

You get a bluetooth speaker, a portable wireless charger and a €25 voucher for the app store

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

Also don't forget to claim your free wireless bundle from this site...

http://lumia930offer.co.uk/

You get a bluetooth speaker, a portable wireless charger and a €25 voucher for the app store

Sorry, your IMEI number has not been recognised
    Please re enter or if you're certain it's correct contact our help line.
    UK residents: 01425 284000, Select option 2.
    Ireland residents: 1800 989 009.
    Alternatively email lumia930offer@kondor.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

I know Meteor are offering the free speaker/charger/voucher combo, not sure about Carphone Warehouse.

Would definitely pick this up if I needed it, it's a beautiful piece of tech. Dat 20MP Lumia camera.

balfe1990 wrote: »
    I know Meteor are offering the free speaker/charger/voucher combo,

Its only available on Bill Pay from Meteor

According to the Nokia.ie website Carphone Warehouse are included in the promotion..... weird...

http://www.nokia.com/ie-en/campaign-lumia-930-offer/

• Advertisement

Griffinx wrote: »
    Its only available on Bill Pay from Meteor

No, http://www.wpcentral.com/meteor-ireland-has-lumia-930-available-429

I't suppose it doesn't explicitly say that it's PAYG aswell, but it doesn't not. :rolleyes:

Who knows.

Anyone knows whether Three have this available for Bill Pay or PAYG? Seem to be the only operator who don't carry this phone. I've decided I want to upgrade in the last ten minutes :pac:

@Jimbob , you run nokianewsireland.com, don't you? Can you shed any light on whether Three are going to offer this phone?

Griffinx wrote: »
    Sorry, your IMEI number has not been recognised
    Please re enter or if you're certain it's correct contact our help line.
    UK residents: 01425 284000, Select option 2.
    Ireland residents: 1800 989 009.
    Alternatively email lumia930offer@kondor.co.uk

So I rang the Irish helpline number 1800 989 009 (Ireland) and she said that there is a problem with the webform not accepting some IMEIs.

Send your Name, Address, tele & IMEI to web.admin@kondor.co.uk

and they will process it manually

Anyone knows whether Three have this available for Bill Pay or PAYG? Seem to be the only operator who don't carry this phone. I've decided I want to upgrade in the last ten minutes :pac:

@Jimbob , you run nokianewsireland.com, don't you? Can you shed any light on whether Three are going to offer this phone?

Sorry Balfe, must be another Jimbob, I see that the 930 is not even on the Three.co.uk site...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Sorry Balfe, must be another Jimbob...

jimmynokia I believe

(the clue's in the name) :D

• Advertisement

Sorry Balfe, must be another Jimbob, I see that the 930 is not even on the Three.co.uk site...

Apologies, I saw that the website was operated by a dude called @JIMBOIRELAND on Twitter and took a stab!

Not to worry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

There seems to be probs with the website,tried it myself and took 3 goes to work,the other day i could not get past stage 2. :eek:

And yeah head to the CPW they have lots of sim free ones.. :D
    But there is a way to get the sim free one other than a locked one,couldnt post that here id be shot.:eek:

Three said no they will not sell it,nothing new there but they could change their mind,they are however going to sell the 635.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dmcdonald019

I'm with Vodafone and due an upgrade before the end of the month, but unfortunately they only have the 930 in Black.

Always seems to be the case with Vodafone.

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Three said no they will not sell it,nothing new there but they could change their mind,they are however going to sell the 635.

Ah, that's a shame, will probably have to move back to Meteor so.

I'm with Vodafone and due an upgrade before the end of the month, but unfortunately they only have the 930 in Black.

Always seems to be the case with Vodafone.

What colours can you get with other carriers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dmcdonald019

What colours can you get with other carriers?

Meteor: Black, White
    02: Black, Orange

Maybe Vodafone will get the green considering they have the green Lumia 635.

Yeah, think I'm going with the white on eMobile, they have the best bill pay plan as far as I can see.

I only wish the phone came in different bold colours like other Nokias. I'd murder for a lovely red colour, or even yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

Spending €430 on a phone is nuts......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

My post from the Windows thread, what about this option?

With eMobile, Unlimited Calls+Texts+5gbData(4G):
    Phone cost:49
    6mnts * €24:144
    18mnt * €39:702
    Total:895

Sim free:
    Phone cost:430
    Similar Plan(48):24mnts*€20:480
    Total:910

So, eMobile works out cheaper but ties you into a 2year contract. But its 4G data, though there might be deals out there for the sim free version.
    With eMobile you don't have to outlay 430, but you need to be an eircom customer to get this deal(Use Parents/Relation number like some have done but check consequences)

• Advertisement

Spending €430 on a phone is nuts......

It's a top of the line device that can pretty much replace all of your gadgets. You can use it to do literally thousands of different tasks.

€430 for this phone is actually very reasonable, considering iPhones go for €750-800 when they launch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

bidiots wrote: »

Sim free:

So, eMobile works out cheaper but ties you into a 2year contract. But its 4G data, though there might be deals out there for the sim free version.
    With eMobile you don't have to outlay 430, but you need to be an eircom customer to get this deal(Use Parents/Relation number like some have done but check consequences)

Its €15 cheaper... its the logical option to go for sim free.

Anything can happen in two years such as leaving the country, needing to change networks for whatever reason.

Id never tie myself into such a long contract.

bidiots wrote: »

Sim free:

This is exactly what I'm doing. eMobile bill pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Anybody know of the CPW are doing any different colours?

Anybody know of the CPW are doing any different colours?
    CPW for new are using black one's, this is mainly because they are sim free and they can cross sell on any network.
    Voda are expected to get the green and stick with green as O2 have with orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Checked emobile only options showing were €79 a month for 2 years for free phone, cheapest option monthly were 31 euro and 299 for phone that was for changing from another network is there special page with above deal

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Checked emobile only options showing were €79 a month for 2 years for free phone, cheapest option monthly were 31 euro and 299 for phone that was for changing from another network is there special page with above deal

You need to be an eircom customer to avail of the offer, pretty good perk for existing customers really.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Ah i see thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iBoards

Question.

Is the 430 payg meteor from Carphone Warehouse unlocked. I was going to go and buy one today... Thanks guys.

If it is I'll be in CarphoneWarehouse first thing in the morn to pick one up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

You need to be an eircom customer to avail of the offer, pretty good perk for existing customers really.

Yeah but it's not worth signing over to Eircom.

Advertisement