Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight Lifting Shoes

Options
  • 31-03-2015 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi guys, can people recommend good weight lifting shoes which are value for money? I've looked at the adi powers but they are just out of my price range at the moment unfortunately

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Adidas Power Perfects

€110 in D8 Fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Always used to lift barefoot but my gym owner brought in a rule against it. Bought a pair of Vibrams which are pretty much as good.

-41058T.jpg
    Always seem to have sales on them aswell so you could probably pick a pair up for about 60

If you prefer lifting in OLY's, it would be a good idea to save up and go for the best, they generally last a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,069 ✭✭✭COH

I bought a pair of adidas powerlifts at the weekend for 80euro from D8 fitness

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

COH wrote: »

Cheers just saw those, look like a great shout

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Reps4jesus

Hi Guys,

Would you recommend the likes of adipower for deadlifting in or would I be better getting a pair of chuck taylors or similar. I have always deadlifted barefoot but have recently started trying sumos instead and it feels as tho my feet are gonna slip outwards and don't really fancy doing the splits and have a bar sitting on me. Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Reps4jesus wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Would you recommend the likes of adipower for deadlifting in or would I be better getting a pair of chuck taylors or similar. I have always deadlifted barefoot but have recently started trying sumos instead and it feels as tho my feet are gonna slip outwards and don't really fancy doing the splits and have a bar sitting on me. Any thoughts?

Flat soled runners.

You can get Chucks or you could get something similar in Penneys or Dunnes for less than a tenner

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

COH wrote: »

Just incase you lose your other 3 pairs of weightlifting shoes?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,069 ✭✭✭COH

Hanley wrote: »
    Just incase you lose your other 3 pairs of weightlifting shoes?!

I only have the one pair of wl shoes

Advertisement