Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Massage

Options
  • 29-08-2013 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi there ppl,

I am intending to a Sports Massage course and the two options I am picking from are the IMST course in Galway or the NSRT.ie course that is based between Galway and Dublin. I am probably going to do the IMST course as it suits me more in terms of location and class times but anyone any recommendations or any feedback on them? the course I will be doing is a Level 3 certificate course with IMST.ie . Is it value for money as I will have to do another year course after this one with IMST.ie to be able practice on Sports Massage injuries.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Did the NSRT course myself. In terms of hands on palpation skills it is second to none and provides a great deal of hands on experience. It is very much a course where you get out of it as much as you put in. Anatomy and Physiology plays a huge role so its not something you can shy away from so expect to be stuck into the books fairly intensively on your own time but it is very much worth it. The more you put in the more you will get out of it in terms of business (since graduating have had the opportunity to work on athletes from over 10 countries across the world).

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

Hi there,

Thinking about doing a course myself and just wondering how you got on in the end. Which course did you select and would you recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭bauney

Hi,

I am in the exact same position (as in Galway would suit better as i live in Mayo). I would like to do a course in Sport Massage and i am considering each of these options.

Have any of you an opinion on whether the IMST course in Galway is as good as the nrst course based in Dublin/Galway?
    Thanks
    B

Advertisement