Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

TR072 Pharmacy

• 22-08-2011 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Accepted my offer exactly twelve hours ago. Can't wait to get started.

Any one else starting Pharmacy this September?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Raawron

I got my offer today but i dunno if i'm gonna accept it. I'm from the north and originally applied for medicine but that's gone out the window. Been reading up on trinity and it seems like a great place to go, and pharmacy seems like a good course for me, but i'm still undecided :P

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

Me!!
    I went slightly crazy this morning when I found out I'd got it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭5989

welcome to hell.

5989 wrote: »
    welcome to hell.

why? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

5989 wrote: »
    welcome to hell.
    Hmm?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭REPSOC1916

Hmm?

Only 17 Sfer's passed this year. The rest of us lesser souls have repeats starting monday.

In fairness you'll be grand in first year. Just be careful about Pharmaceutics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 NeutralMilk

REPSOC1916 wrote: »
    Only 17 Sfer's passed this year. The rest of us lesser souls have repeats starting monday.

In fairness you'll be grand in first year. Just be careful about Pharmaceutics.

lens18278982_1312560700challenge-accepted.png

Can't wait to start :D

lens18278982_1312560700challenge-accepted.png

Can't wait to start :D

lol

What's the timetable like for JF anyway?

about 30ish hours a week...some weeks more, some weeks less.

Enjoy 1st yr before you get to 2nd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

You'll probably find it especially busy since until then you're doing some science modules (Bio 101; Cell Bio, Genetics,Developmental and Micro and maths methods) some biochemistry with the medicine students and you do chemistry with your own department. It calms down next semester when you do more stuff as Pharm students. (I think, I'm just a science student working from memory)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

Its roughly 9 - 5 before Christmas and 9 - 6 after, at the worst of going.

Its roughly 9 - 5 before Christmas and 9 - 6 after, at the worst of going.
    Sounds busy... I'd assume that there's some empty periods in those hours?

mm sometimes theres an hour off here and there, some days r worse than others, after christmas last year we had a couple of days where we were in straight from 9 - 6 with only maybe an hour off at 1. but then we got off a bit early on fridays and you might have some afternoons off when the labs are split into groups. any questions, fire away

sorry, that sounds a bit glum, but thats only really in the middle of terms. at the beginning and towards the end when labs/PBL are finishing up, you'd have the odd morning or afternoon off too.

mm sometimes theres an hour off here and there, some days r worse than others, after christmas last year we had a couple of days where we were in straight from 9 - 6 with only maybe an hour off at 1. but then we got off a bit early on fridays and you might have some afternoons off when the labs are split into groups. any questions, fire away
    You may well refuse but any chance you could post up the timetable you had for JF up until Christmas?

Also, what's the story with textbooks, are they absolutely necessary or could you get by with the library?

One last question that's been bugging me for years. I absolutely hate taking down notes by hand. Are people permitted to bring a laptop with them to lectures for taking down notes? If you are, are there sockets for connecting chargers in lecture theatres? Somehow I doubt it but it's always worth an ask as my current laptop has a circa one hour battery life =/

ill see if i can find the timetable and pm you it.
    I bought a couple of books, you'll have to buy physiology, after that its up to you, I used the library ones as the lecturers tend to use a couple of different ones.
    As for bringing laptops in, practically no one in pharmacy does it but it can be done for the larger lectures like biology, biochemistry, physiology. i wouldnt do it for the lectures where its just pharmacy people though. I dunno about the sockets but probably not.

Anyone else willing to send me a timetable for JF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 NeutralMilk

You could be a cheeky cunt and ask Caroline to screenshot her page after she has logged in :pac::pac::pac:

Nah I got the PDFs already (Thank you Craguls :D)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Audio Science

Another one for Pharmacy here. Any chance you could forward on that timetable? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mia_xx

I would also love a timetable..my friends are all doing arts and other courses that are less hectic so I really hope I'll get some time with them during the day. By the sounds of this thread I'm not going to be seeing much of them!

And me and me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

Raawron wrote: »
    And me and me! :D

Me too if its possible :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭REPSOC1916

Old 08/09 one.

Does anybody know when the exams for pharmacy are? Are they before of after Christmas and early or late May?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 breanne1402

Hey guys :-) I did pharmacy last year but have applied for a transfer to law, I bought a good few of the pharmacy books, but have not even used them, theyre in perfect condition, if you're looking for some books cheaper than hodges figgis, give me an email at [email protected] :-) Good luck in Pharmacy! :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

mia_xx wrote: »
    Does anybody know when the exams for pharmacy are? Are they before of after Christmas and early or late May?

Its the evil month of May!!! Just finished the pharmacy course so thank God I dont that evil period again!!

You get 3 weeks study before that so finish lectures after the first week of april......unless things change!

FluffyCat wrote: »

Its the evil month of May!!! Just finished the pharmacy course so thank God I can that evil period again!!

You get 3 weeks study before that so finish lectures after the first week of april......unless things change!

And are there Christmas exams? Ah well at least they don't go into June..!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

And are there Christmas exams? Ah well at least they don't go into June..!

No christmas exams which is alot of pressure in may and why the month is evil!! There has been alot of talk in the last few years about holding christmas exams, which would be after christmas, but they were saying that for the full 4 years I was there!!

If you are interested in exams already you can see past papers here but bear in mind that the course is changing all the time so they may be different for yourself

http://www.tcd.ie/Local/Exam_Papers/summer_nonTSM.html

You will have around 10 exams in 3 weeks in May

Advertisement