Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latest RedC poll FG up 3%, Lab up 5%, FF nc, Green down 3%

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Back on topic,my central problem with this poll stands and that is,a third of respondents who "apparently" want Gilmore,the new Bertie, as Taoiseach indicated elsewhere in the poll that they weren't voting for his party.

Now that makes me raise my eyebrow at the veracity of the survey,that is all.

I think the day Gilmore is sat down in front of Sean O'Rourke or someone like him and given a good questioning he will be foung out. More so I believe that after the summer if Labour remain high in the polls the press will focus more on them. Previous to now it has been the FG leadership that has occupied the press, that has been laid to rest now.

When the press start to push Labour as to how it will all add up in a budget and where he will save/raise money then some home truths will come out.

Gilmore has charisma, come across well and says the right things but so far its been relatively easy for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Anyone know have the Green Party or John Gormley made any comment or response to this poll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

IrishTonyO, John Gormless has compared Labour to Father Ted!

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0628/politics.html

Seriously. Bit rich coming from a treehugger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Many FF voters will not vote FG in anger at FF and FG voters will not vote for FF no matter what, therefore they will FF voter alternatives are either SF or Labour.

FG alternatives are Labour or PD's

Over the last couple of elections
    when PD rise, FG fell.
    when FG Rise, PD fell.
    When FF Fall, Labour Rise.
    When FF rise, Labour fell.

Now that the PD's are gone FG has soak that vote in the last election, with Mary Harney and Noel Grealish (both ex FF) and will continue as Independents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Wide Road

bijapos wrote: »
    I think the day Gilmore is sat down in front of Sean O'Rourke or someone like him and given a good questioning he will be foung out. More so I believe that after the summer if Labour remain high in the polls the press will focus more on them. Previous to now it has been the FG leadership that has occupied the press, that has been laid to rest now.

When the press start to push Labour as to how it will all add up in a budget and where he will save/raise money then some home truths will come out.

Gilmore has charisma, come across well and says the right things but so far its been relatively easy for him.

Eamon went missing over the last few days. I reckon it's because of the stag hunting bill. The Labour party has done a U-turn on this and Tommy Broughan is now out the party because of this. Eamon will find it harder because he can't go missing when it suits him and doing U-turns to get extra rural votes. Watch this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭freewheeler

Wide Road wrote: »
    Eamon went missing over the last few days. I reckon it's because of the stag hunting bill. The Labour party has done a U-turn on this and Tommy Broughan is now out the party because of this. Eamon will find it harder because he can't go missing when it suits him and doing U-turns to get extra rural votes. Watch this space.
    Now if only Clowen and his sheep would go missing also (preferably in the bermuda triangle) there might be some hope for the country....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Now if only Clowen and his sheep would go missing also (preferably in the bermuda triangle) there might be some hope for the country....

It wouldn't make a massive amount of difference, tbh; they've already done the vast bulk of the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭conorhal

Het-Field wrote: »

If FG decide to wield the knife after three poor polls, then why are FF not sharpening the daggers after FF have failed to capitalise on another poor poll for FF. Cowen's personal rating is in the gutter, and the party is stuck on a 24% rut.

Simple, even FF see Cowen as a lame duck, but there are some nasty cuts and controversial decisions in the pipeline, just look at the kerfuffle over the stag hunting bill.
    No new leader wants to step up and take those hits and have them on his record, so any new leader won't be elected untill about 6 months before the election (in the hope of seeing an electoral boost for FF basking in the honeymoon glow of fresh new leadership), or just after one it if there is a snap election called. In that way the new regime has a relitively clear slate and a whipping boy to blame for the mistakes of the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Would clowen actually call a snap election though? relying on his paid gobsh!tes in the paper and on the air to do the work for him, of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭conorhal

Would clowen actually call a snap election though? relying on his paid gobsh!tes in the paper and on the air to do the work for him, of course.

No, but the Greens might......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

conorhal wrote: »
    No, but the Greens might......

If they call one over some small pet issue of theirs now they'll DEFINITELY be signing their own suicide note, having allowed NAMA and the bank guarantees through, and having voted confidence in a few unacceptable characters.

Advertisement