Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's the king of the promo? You decide! vote here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Montreal.... Who's your Daddy?!?! Amazing. But Steiner is insane also, who remembers his first night back at Survivor Series in MSG "Gimme a fukn mic!!!" I'll go Poppa Pump for all the wrong reasons.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Steiner! He would destroy Michaels on the mic without the WWE scripts to protect him from the Bad Booty Daddy's say what he likes, astronomy referencing, **** you promos

ric flair - "more loose skin than a sharpei puppy" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Michaels for me. Michaels never really lost it while Steiner on some nights couldnt talk his way out of a paper bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Michaels.

Steiner getting mic time used to be one of my favourite parts of Impact a few years back, but as others have said it was for all the wrong reasons. An incoherent, rambling, shouting mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

HBK by light years , He's just so natural on the mic where as Steiner as many have alluded to was just plain mental almost like a modern day Ultimate Warrior

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I have to pick Big Poppa Pump! He's just perfect for the ramblin' wrassler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

HBK by a llllllllooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggg distance! IMO Steiner doesnt deserve to even be a best promo conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Big poppa pump for me, he's the more unique of the two. I reckon he has about a hundred and forty one and two thirds chance of winning this. The numbers don't lie!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

HBK by some distance. Fantastic and believable through his entire career.

Steiner was a "catchphase" promo kinda of guy and his catchphrases were pretty crap tbh.

An aside-This going to be fantastic. Did a few of these and this one is a doozy. There is always somewhat of enivitabily to who the last few are going to be in the finals. This one has about 12/13 that would be deserving winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

Steiner all the way. Holla if ya hear me.

Ps: how could kevin nash not make the list! Whatever else big daddy cool was an epic talker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Steiner, you just never knew what gems he was going to come up with, and it always felt like he really meant it rather than being just a rehearsed promo.
    Now holla if ya hear me.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

Michaels. As much as Steiner entertained, Michaels was consistently great throughout his career regardless the angle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Michaels for me, I can't believe how many are voting for Steiner.

Dancor wrote: »
    Michaels for me, I can't believe how many are voting for Steiner.
    You mean, you cant believe Steiner won? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Steiner is the first to six and scores a pretty big upset win here. Moving on...

Round One, Match Three:

Kevin Owens:

Promo Owens Promo?

vs

Triple H:

Under rated on the mic, but did he deserve all those 20 min promos? You decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Ooh - a toughie!

I love Kevin Owen's promo style. Never gets excited. Talks trash, but does exactly what he says he'll do. BUT - we have only seen him as a heel so far. What's his face promo style gonna be like?

Soaaah, I have to pickaaah, THE GAMEAAAH.

Hunter is an awesome promo, face or heel. Great fire, great delivery, and nothing phases him. When he's a face, or when he's a heel, he appears totally at home on the mic. He can sell a match of feud well. He can make you believe he is going to kick your ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

I like Owens a lot but Hunters promos with Cm Punk were so real. He does great promos and gets my vote.

I'm also going to go with HHH, as said above he is completely at home on the mic, he could (and did) talk for hours. He was always great to listen to the week after a setback, especially around the Evolution time . I am going to hold his overlong promos against him in the later rounds but for now he gets my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

HHH for the win brother. Some of his promos during his main event heel run were the best I've ever seen. Really made you hate him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yip has to be Hunter. Very impressed by Owens since his arrival in WWE. But Hunter has had so many fantastic feuds, angles and promo over the years. For every boring rambling promo you had a gripping promo with intensity never seen before.

Maybe the mods could change the name of the thread invite voters in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Definitely HHH. I like Owens promos, his "fcuk New York" promo a few years ago was fantastic but Hunter gets this one.

A whitewash for the Game, his body of work and longevity a big factor here I think.

Round One, Match Four:

Terry Funk:

One of the best on the mic ever imo, he was years and years ahead of his time:

vs

Booker T:

Five time...five time....OH MY GOODNESS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Thank God I thought I'd missed the chance a vote for Steiner and was afraid he wouldn't make it through!

Terry Funk will always get my vote unless it's against someone like Rock or Foley, he is just a brilliant brilliant talker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Funker all the way!

I'm a big Booker fan but somehow or another I'm not familiar with funk, so I'll have to abstain

I'm a big Booker fan but somehow or another I'm not familiar with funk, so I'll have to abstain

That's why i've included snippets and promos every round :)

Moneymaker wrote: »
    That's why i've included snippets and promos every round :)
    Oh yeah and I've watched them all (thanks!), but I still don't think it fair to compare to someone I know so well like Booker! I'd say Funk is the only guy I knew nothing about though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Booker T for me only he could do a terrible english accent and get away with it , I bet funk was awesome but i really haven't seen enough of him

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Terry Funk. Could be emotional, could be cerebral and could be crazy. Savage range and timeless over many eras.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Booker t for me always entertaining on the mic and never watched much of funk.

Loved king booker

Advertisement