Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Persons Political Party

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭IrishTrajan

That's her personal opinion but the new party has said that it will allow its members a free vote on any issues like abortion. Eddie Hobbs who's the other key figure in that party has the opposite opinion on abortion to her.

The party having autonomous members won't bode well for their chances of running a Government. This seems more like a half-baked idea, rather than a real political party. I wonder what their stance is on defence spending. Right now, I dislike FG/FF/Labour because of their refusal to even talk about increasing defence spending. I dislike SF because they want to cut spending by even more (we spend less than a quarter of the recommended GDP%, and less than a third of the E.U. average).

If they are pragmatic and realistic in their approach to defence spending (as in, either signing an official pact with another power or committing to real neutrality, and not relying on Britain to do the work for us) then I might consider being open to the rest of their policies.

Advertisement