Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Sale (Christmas, 2014 Edition)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I'm not bothering with bidding on anything. If I sell all my items for 1c then it's still a tiny amount of funding for my Steam wallet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

I'll keep my gems til the end of the auction, when the winning bids should be much much lower. Worse case scenario (if I don't think I can actually win an auction), is to sell the gems on the market or make booster packs and sell those instead - whatever gives most moolah.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Engineers is on sale and I'm so tempted to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Account is in partial lockdown since I got a new pc. I cant buy anything on the marketplace but can still buy games using my attached CC and Paypal accounts.

Not sure who is being protected with the 7 day lockdown........

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Account is in partial lockdown since I got a new pc. I cant buy anything on the marketplace but can still buy games using my attached CC and Paypal accounts.

Not sure who is being protected with the 7 day lockdown........

Do they not just email you a code you have to enter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Do they not just email you a code you have to enter?

Yeah entered that still locked down from Marketplace until Thursday.

Its the fact I can still buy games thats odd strange.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Yeah entered that still locked down from Marketplace until Thursday.

Its the fact I can still buy games thats odd strange.

Must be x99 discrimination so.....

Is it that "we see you're logging in from a new computer" crap? They give you that nonsense even when you've only cleaned out your cookies. And yeah, they don't mind you being a potential fraudster so long as you buy something from the store!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,646 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

humanji wrote: »
    Personally, I really enjoy it and it's one of the few games that I've always got installed on my computer. I find it to be one of those games you sit down with for a few minutes and then realise hours have passed.

That happened with Black and White. I sat down on the PC a little after waking up and a few minutes later my stomach was like SQEEEEUUUUUURCCHHHGRGRLGRGLRLRGLRLL and I was like damn I'm hungry I should eat some brunch. What? I was playing for 9 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Overheal wrote: »
    That happened with Black and White. I sat down on the PC a little after waking up and a few minutes later my stomach was like SQEEEEUUUUUURCCHHHGRGRLGRGLRLRGLRLL and I was like damn I'm hungry I should eat some brunch. What? I was playing for 9 hours?
    I loved Black and White, it had some flaws but it was pretty groundbreaking and unique in a lot of respects. Its on of those games i would love to see an attempt at updating it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Related:
    zvEZCAJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Picked up all 3 batman games for under a tenner the other day so right now ive got a lot to get through, gonna need to be some good offers to grab my attention this year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

When is it starting?! I was hoping twould start at midnight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

J Mysterio wrote: »
    When is it starting?! I was hoping twould start at midnight :(

6PM GMT.

source

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Bank account is in bips at the moment, rumour that we are being paid this evening

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hurry 6pm ffs! I bought a new PC for this moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hurry 6pm ffs! I bought a new PC for this moment!

Have been toying with the idea of massive PC upgrades, and for the first time ever not cut on price and get high end parts....must...stay....strong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

my wallet is not prepared! :eek:

I don't really anticipate buying much, but still... I like to have the option. kinda hope I can grab Mark of the Ninja, and have been eyeballing Wolfenstein but may leave that till the summer sale if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

TheDoc wrote: »
    Have been toying with the idea of massive PC upgrades, and for the first time ever not cut on price and get high end parts....must...stay....strong

It so easy to upgrade these days....
    You can buy parts now and others later.
    A shiny new GPU is exactly what you need, look at the GTX980. you probably wouldn't even need to upgrade your PSU....

You should do it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

First salvo of deals. Colour me disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

right lads stop looking at the sale, I need to get in! :)

Its crashing.

Some of these are so fecking recent - State of Decay, TWR2

They've even made the flash deals and community votes less frequent this year. Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Damned looks interesting, anyone played?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

No amazing deals today from what i can see. Dark souls 2 for 14.79 is prob a good buy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Meh nothing I want today anyway.

Dead State - 10% :(

Seems the sale changes every 2 days as opposed to every day as in previous sales?

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Seems the sale changes every 2 days as opposed to every day as in previous sales?

Nah, been like that for a while. New deals every day, but the previous day's are still available for a further 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

metal gear ground zeros is 33% off and its just released !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and steam is down ?????

i need to download that **** before tomorrow !!!

Advertisement