Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 robot5

Okocim wrote: »
    I can only hope that 'Bugs Bunny Boiler' aka Caoimhe is one of those for the chop due to cutbacks in Fair City in the next few weeks. I blame the writers as much as the actor for the OTT one dimensional sighs, eyes thrown to heaven, strops ect...even the most psychotic and vile characters in other soaps have a bit of depth of character giving some understanding as to why the behaviour is taking place. With Caoimhe it's just pantomine 'acting' something you'd expect from a hormonal 14 year old, very hard to watch...:(:(:(

Very impressed with Dermot, the actor is delivering the goods in spades with this storyline which is really bringing out the best in him. Kelly and 'Zoie' are very well cast and work very well together.

Sash is sizzling in all her scenes as always. :P

Orla is being found out big time in the acting stakes recently, her blubbering 'emotion' in spilling the beans to Niamh about how Caoimhe set up Rachel recently was cringe worthy. Does fine in general but those type of scenes are a real test of acting ability.

In fairness, for me the only real disappointment in those who have left recently is Barry as I do rate Pat Nolan as an actor in Fair City, hopefully he returns in the future 'on parole' or a re-trial or maybe he could get off on a technicality.

Hope the Dearbhla / Sean relationship gets a more prominent airing in the near future as I've enjoyed the dynamic there. Louis and Carol are due more screen time as well , just hope they have a decent storyline though and it's not Louis constantly wheeling the pram past Spar and complaining that he can't get any sleep with the baby or reporting that Carol is having a lie down upstairs.

Carol and Louie need some more storylines. Something connected to Tracey or bring back Vivien and the kids to get to know their new brother jacksey.

Couldn't some fella have a storyline where he is going bald and can't take it.

Ken and Deirdre come back to support Dermot. I don't mean the ones in Coronation Street!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Couldn't some fella have a storyline where he is going bald and can't take it.
    I may steal this idea for a film.
    Louie should leave , anyone remember that joyriding film carol was in when she was about 30 but was pretending to be 15 , quality.
    I think susan should start meeting up with damo to give him some slaps again , just some no strings slaps nothing serious.That was what got me back into fair city. Best storyline in a soap ever. I think some one should buy a fishtank think of the hilarity that would ensue. Maybe they should have a flatscreen for the football in either mcCoys or the station , they are losing out on alot of business . Maybe that fella that goes with the youngest dillon will realise what a wet blanket she is.

Caoimhe falls pregnant with triplets or Judith gets seriously injured in a car crash and Tommy drove the car. Some more gripping plots needed seriously. Hope story writers get a peak at this page sometime. They are very short on ideas. We need a Trevor Jordache or a Phil Mitchell, nasty nick, a tricky Dicky type of a git like the bloke who married Gail the gullible in corrie, a B. like Janine, some sort of a mysterious shady, psycho nutjob who is unmissable on screen. A character being stalked. Fair City, please find a person who holds viewers spellbound and at the edge of their seats asap for Gawd's sake-as Paul Brennan might say himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Fair City does actually have Trevor Jordache you know.:P

deadly-brookside-290x400.jpg

iguana wrote: »

Bob is deadly , you do forget some of these are real actors that were in other stuff sometimes and think its just something a youth club made lol , its good to be reminded.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

cloptrop wrote: »
    Yeah i think louie is a real lump of dead wood lately , even the affair with carol storyline was ruined by him being in it, hes as wooden as a timber frame house.
    The comment I made about Louie being killed off next month was a joke, intended for Angel01, as we all know on here, well, let's just say she likes him. It was not meant to be an insult to the character Louie or the actor who plays him. Louie is one of my favourite male characters in FC. That said, I much prefer Louie when he is playing the hard nosed business man type. Havn't seen FC all week. Will have to catch-up over the weekend. Thank God for sky+.;)

An excellent actor definitely playing Bob Charles. I was referring though to the former character bryan murray played - Brookside's villain. I'd like to see a character like Trevor in Fair City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,500 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

iceblue wrote: »
    didnt realise. thats me told then?. think you should adress this as moderator...and form seperate fair city threads. and whats wrong with consealing something like this in a little box?????

Future spoilers are nearly always tagged but sometimes if it a spoiler e.g. an exit is being discussed it dont be tagged

rogercar wrote: »
    The comment I made about Louie being killed off next month was a joke, intended for Angel01, as we all know on here, well, let's just say she likes him. It was not meant to be an insult to the character Louie or the actor who plays him. Louie is one of my favourite male characters in FC. That said, I much prefer Louie when he is playing the hard nosed business man type. Havn't seen FC all week. Will have to catch-up over the weekend. Thank God for sky+.;)

Louie playing the doting dad and only playing the doting dad is boring.

vektarman wrote: »
    Niamh decides to become more pro-active in Pauls garage to boost flagging sales. :)

niamhascrumpet.jpg?w=490&h=275

That picture is a few years old definitely and fortunately for me reminds me of Mrs McCarthy as she is today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Yeah, Niamh was a great looking woman in her day.. She'd probably collapse the car now..

None of us are getting any younger. I think her weight suits her character, she's a working mother who just does not have any time for herself.

cofy wrote: »
    None of us are getting any younger. I think her weight suits her character, she's a working mother who just does not have any time for herself.
    Plenty of time for cake though , she could chose healthy food over junk food, maybe eat a little less , dont make excuses for her, its like when people say celebrities are skinny cause they have fitness trainers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no they are skinny cause they work out and eat less and healthily , the fitness trainer doesnt eat the food for them

It isn't always due to over indulgence of food guys. I'm not saying this actress has health disorders affecting her but there are some nasty conditions that are not going to be controlled by medication. Niamh's face is younger in that picture and her hair is more different now. She had longer wavy, brighter red hair, in her younger pics which are obvious here.

Plenty of time for cake though , she could chose healthy food over junk food, maybe eat a little less , dont make excuses for her, its like when people say celebrities are skinny cause they have fitness trainers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no they are skinny cause they work out and eat less and healthily , the fitness trainer doesnt eat the food for them

But the fitness trainer pushes a healthier lifestyle. When you don't have time to spend on yourself anymore, its easier to slip into bad habits.

robot5 wrote: »
    It isn't always due to over indulgence of food guys. I'm not saying this actress has health disorders affecting her but there are some nasty conditions that are not going to be controlled by medication. Niamh's face is younger in that picture and her hair is more different now. She had longer wavy, brighter red hair, in her younger pics which are obvious here.

I've noticed that, sometimes when people put on a little weight they look younger. It may be argued that in Niamh's case some people will say that she put on too much weight. But from observing normal life - I would say that she is normal (again for the character she is playing).

I wouldn't offer good nutrition info to anyone. I am a chocaholic myself.

Keeping an eye on the calories is a challenge for men and women. Easier said than done.

I wouldn't tell my wife to cut down on the calories IF she had a sweet tooth. I'd end up in the divorce courts....or worse. I ain't stupid.

Theres keeping the eye on the calories and endless eating , eating out of boredom , eating cause you can, eating when you get a chance ,
    Like keeping an eye on calories doesnt even come into it if you just substitute **** food with good food. Most people wont do that though because they dont feel like eating good food<not hungry> but want to eat crap , < gluten>
    Back on topic now , should niamh join slim star and lose a few quid then get somethin racy out of neasas new underwear shop and surprise paul

• Advertisement

I wouldn't tell my wife to cut down on the calories IF she had a sweet tooth. I'd end up in the divorce courts....or worse. I ain't stupid.
    If she had a sweet tooth it wouldnt worry you to be in the divorce courts so much.

I wouldn't offer good nutrition info to anyone. I am a chocaholic myself.

A square off thread but if your a chocaholic, try just putting one square of chocolate into your mouth and letting it melt (I have found that no matter how much I crave chocolate, I'm not able for another square).

cofy wrote: »
    A square off thread but if your a chocaholic, try just putting one square of chocolate into your mouth and letting it melt (I have found that no matter how much I crave chocolate, I'm not able for another square).
    Try punching yourself in the face whenever you have chocolate, if you stick to this regime , you will start to realise that chocolate isnt that good or addictive, its not worth a punch in the face like.
    Does anybody in fair city smoke?Not even the bishops i dont think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lads, a lot of the drama in this thread during the week was due to derogatory and cruel comments about the appearance of some actors in this show. And now what do you go and do? Continue to make derogatory and cruel comments about the appearance of actors in this show.

I've deleted some of the nastier posts from the last 12 hours.

This stops now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Does anybody in fair city smoke?Not even the bishops i dont think.

Carol used to, am presuming she still does, she was always smoking outside the pub.

An exclusive sneak peek at the script for Sunday's episode.

Caoimhe thought she could turn on the charm and Decco would come running back but unfortunately she doesn't seem to realise quite who she's dealing with. Decco has had enough of Caoimhe being a spoiled brat and has decided to get his own back.

Decco convinces Caoimhe that he has spent the bribe money on an engagement ring and makes sure that she has a great time in McCoy's announcing the good news to Carrigstown. Caoimhe doesn't see what's coming though and wakes up to a nasty surprise on Sunday morning.
    Decco humiliates her, making sure she knows the ring is fake and that he's really spending the bribe money on a trip to Spain.

DECCO
    What do you want?
    CAOIMHE
    What are you doing?
    DECCO
    I'm getting out of here
    CAOIMHE
    Why?
    DECCO
    Because I'm finished with you. I'm going to get someone I can spell.
    CAOIMHE
    It was a joke.
    DECCO
    Next time you want to annoy your parents, get a tattoo. Leave me out of it.
    CAOIMHE
    Decco, please.
    DECCO
    You're not wearing your rings, never mind I have some spares.
    HE TAKES SOME RINGS OUT OF HIS POCKET AND STARTS FLICKING THEM AT HER.
    DECCO
    Two euro. Two euro. One fifty. Do you feel loved yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The Mary Clarke

angel01 wrote: »
    Carol used to, am presuming she still does, she was always smoking outside the pub.

She probably quit when she was pregnant, I don't really remember seeing her smoke since, though possibly she did with the stress of the paternity test!

Mr E wrote: »
    Lads, a lot of the drama in this thread during the week was due to derogatory and cruel comments about the appearance of some actors in this show. And now what do you go and do? Continue to make derogatory and cruel comments about the appearance of actors in this show.

I've deleted some of the nastier posts from the last 12 hours.

This stops now.

Thank you moderator. This thread lost a member a few days ago and another member received an infraction. Lets learn from this and move on.
    Back to discussing FAIR CITY. Onwards and upwards....................

Thanks Angel for using the option to cover the spoilers and providing them.

If Val's house was haunted, now that would be interesting. I'd love to see Christy, Ray, Wayne and Robert being the first few people to encounter Sarah, the restless spirit who wants to keep in touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

If you could have any one character back, living or dead, who would you choose?

I would choose ( probably the same as a good few posters here ) Billy Meehan. He played his part so well and he would show the Bishops what BAD really was! Its hard to believe its over 10 years since he was killed off.

I'd like to see Hannah and Helen, mondo and Anne Clarke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

max life wrote: »

I would choose ( probably the same as a good few posters here ) Billy Meehan. He played his part so well and he would show the Bishops what BAD really was! Its hard to believe its over 10 years since he was killed off.
    For me it has to be Geraldine. She was brilliant. I loved it when she trashesd the bistro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

max life wrote: »

Billy would be bottom of my list. A deeply unpleasant villain played by a overrated actor.

I'd go for one of these three

- Terence (urbane and sophisticated)
    - Dr Jack Shanahan (sound guy and good doctor)
    - Frank Wiseman from the pizza parlour (just a cool dude)

I would love to see Helen back, I loved her, a really great character apart from her, I would love to have Anne Clarke, Doug and Hughie back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

One of my earliest memories of fair city is the storyline where damiens dad tried to kill them all. Loved it and don't think its been rivalled since. I'd like to see a long lost uncle/aunt arrive and tell damien that his father is still alive, mark damien and laura then conspire to take him down and we'd have a whodunnit!!

I want doug to comme back and run for mayor again.

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    - Dr Jack Shanahan (sound guy and good doctor)

Are you trolling? He was a serial rapist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I enjoyed doug too...wasn't he petes son? I thought both of them were very under-used when they were in it together. And even now, Pete is one of the better actors in the show (apart from Bob, of course!!) and he continues to be very under-used. I wonder is that because of the actors schedule itself, or the scriptwriters not knowing a good thing when they have it??

And less of the remarks about Niamh please - she is a fab actress - one of the things I have always noticed about her over the years is how healthy and beautiful her hair is..healthy hair is a major sign of good health and even with her recent weight gain, she's obviously doing something right. I'm a big fan of Niamh:)

serial gets eaten every day in fair city , as soon as someone starts raping it theres uproar.

Here we go again...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76479683&postcount=2143

Yes I know we've had this discussion before. It's just a really weird, not even slightly funny joke to keep making. Hence I asked if you were trolling.

• Advertisement

Yes I know we've had this discussion before. It's just a really weird, not even slightly funny joke to keep making. Hence I asked if you were trolling.

I don't think it's trolling but you obviously have a different view.

The "Billy Meehan was great, let's bring him back" cheerleading seems pretty weird to me too.

On the risk that people get really offended can I just say Im joking first,

If you actually compare the amount of lives he saved compared with the amount he ruined ,

The "Billy Meehan was great, let's bring him back" cheerleading seems pretty weird to me too.

Not if it's what people actually think. People can enjoy watching a villain/amoral character on tv, look how popular The Sopranos was or how much people love Eric on True Blood.

If you thought Jack was a great character and really enjoyed the stories he was involved in that would be fair comment, but constantly saying that the serial rapist was a sound bloke smacks of trolling.

Not if it's what people actually think. People can enjoy watching a villain/amoral character on tv, look how popular The Sopranos was or how much people love Eric on True Blood.

If you thought Jack was a great character and really enjoyed the stories he was involved in that would be fair comment, but constantly saying that the serial rapist was a sound bloke smacks of trolling.
    Calling someone a troll can get you an infraction , itys an insult on a charachter.I got one before for this.

If you got infracted for it before why start it again?! It just sounds odd, like saying you meet up with Larry Murphy every friday night for pints and a chinwag

I never said anything good BOUT THIS FELLA , i dont know who he is , i didnt watch fc during his time , your anger is aimed at that other poster

Dr. Jack was a caring doctor on the surface. The facade was the caring doc. Beneath this lurked the mindset of a rapist. Isn't that a clear realistic impression of how these people appear. They can fool people into believing they are the nicest person on the planet and yet they are actually the lowest of the low. That is how I see Dr. Jack Shanahan and the real life monsters who commit serious crime such as rape and murder.

Hmmm.

I did acknowledge Dr Jack's problems in a previous post.

Don't get too worked up about this - it's only a fictional character in a soap opera.

I'm not angry I just think that jokes about rape etc are absolutely off limit hence why these topics are dealt with so sensitively in soaps.

• Advertisement

Just as well he was fictional.

Mags and Eunice were good characters too. Hughie and Natalie were a good couple to watch. It would be nice to see Hughie visit Christy. I also thought the character of Billy Meehan's sister was interesting to watch. I think her name was Chrissie. It would be good to see Louie meet her. Carol's former sister-in-law. He would really know what Carol had to put up with while married to the soap's big villain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement