Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Glad all the messing has been sorted, now back to business. Tonight's episode was brilliant. Caoimhe and Decco in McCoys :eek: Mammy and Daddy Dillion - hilarious. Dying to see where this storyline goes. A seriously sparkly rock for €2000.
    Bit nervous for Dermot, I wish he had come clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I can't help feeling Decco is playing Caoimhe. Hopefully he is 'cos I'm looking forward to seeing her land flat on her face having burned her bridges with her family and turfed out of "smelly" Monastery Avenue.
    With his experience Bob might be able to suggest a spot where she can sleep rough and offer her some cardboard. :pac:

I know everyone hates her acting but it must take some talent to inspire the loathing she induces. Leaving her suitcase in the hall for Charlotte to practically trip over on her way out the door was another classic Caoimhe touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I agree DeepBlue, I think Decco is definitely one step ahead of Caoimhe. He knows exactly what she is like, can't wait for her to get her comeuppence.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

jos28 wrote: »
    A seriously sparkly rock for €2000.

I had to laugh at that too, it looked like 2 carets of diamond and that doesn't come cheap. A two caret diamond solitaire ring would probably cost €15,000+

Maybe, it is a cubic ziconia and Decco has pocketed the rest of the €2,000 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

dermot was being a bit weird and ott today?.... he has orla and nimah running around after him and taking up the slack?.... is he taking advantage or oblivious?.... what steps exactly is he taking to organise childcare? and how will he aford to pay for it when him and jo were winging about money a few weeks ago?....and hes turned kelly into an unpaid childminder too? why is he expecting everyone to help him out?....would they all be running around if things were the other way around? no jo would just manage and noone would even notice dermot had gone!lol double standards....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

What was the story in a recent episode with Decco asking Paul for a job in the garage as a car salesman. Did I miss something in relation to that?
    I was wondering was he trying to go straight, to try and impress Dr Dillon but the blackmail for the two grand knocked that theory on the head. Is he serious about marrying Caoimhe? She's obviously just winding up her parents. Have to agree she's acting the part really well now.

What's happening with the Lucy storyline snooping around Molloys old photos?

I feel Dermot lying to Emily will come back to haunt him. I'm really warming to Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Wasn't Caoimhe kinda normal when she first appeared in Fair City? Over the past few weeks she's become the sort of character that makes Tracey Barlow look like a girl guide. The actress playing Caoimhe is seriously hamming it up with all those scowls and grimaces.

Not necessarily a criticism, just an observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Niamh decides to become more pro-active in Pauls garage to boost flagging sales. :)

niamhascrumpet.jpg?w=490&h=275

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

That's Niamh? yikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

What was the story in a recent episode with Decco asking Paul for a job in the garage as a car salesman. Did I miss something in relation to that?
    I was wondering was he trying to go straight, to try and impress Dr Dillon but the blackmail for the two grand knocked that theory on the head. Is he serious about marrying Caoimhe? She's obviously just winding up her parents. Have to agree she's acting the part really well now.

What's happening with the Lucy storyline snooping around Molloys old photos?

I feel Dermot lying to Emily will come back to haunt him. I'm really warming to Kelly.
    When someone is facing jail its common for them to get a job so it looks to the judge that you are not a career criminal just somebody that messeed up , or that you have turned your life around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Caoimhe always bugged me (i even told Aoibheann McCaul when we met her on set) But this week she has been growing on me, i find the spoilt drama queen entertaining and am hoping for a while they keep her like this! They should bring McAleer back into it and pair them off :D

This Dermot storyline makes no sense, in reality Jo would be going nowhere she would have full custody of Ben and have full rights to live in the house. (i no it was the actresses exit line for maternity leave)

I think thats a lot of the problem with Fair City the writers dont always fully think there storylines through very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Finelli

Where's Zumo & the ma while all of this is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

jos28 wrote: »
    Glad all the messing has been sorted, now back to business. Tonight's episode was brilliant. Caoimhe and Decco in McCoys :eek: Mammy and Daddy Dillion - hilarious. Dying to see where this storyline goes. A seriously sparkly rock for €2000.
    Bit nervous for Dermot, I wish he had come clean.

I'd say the ring is fake or stolen

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Finelli wrote: »
    Where's Zumo & the ma while all of this is going on?

The ma moved to Spain with her friend, Zumo is hovering around somewhere

The ma moved to Spain with her friend, Zumo is hovering around somewhere

Eileen the grandma moved to Spain not Vivienne the ma

dIdnt decco buy that engagement ring off keith that time.I wonder is it that.

It is all about appearances with Judith I cant wait for the whole of Carrigstown to discover Tommy's affair

Sash should have smacked Caomihe she was insulting her family after all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i can't wait to see caoimhe with egg on her face! had to laugh at her last night in the pub, the way she was flaunting the ring around. inside i was evil laughing at her... waiting for the moment when it all blows up in her face! decco played it good last night too.. LOL!
    i actually felt sorry for him because he genuinely did like her, but she's a bitch and he knew he was getting played..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

cloptrop wrote: »
    dIdnt decco buy that engagement ring off keith that time.I wonder is it that.

I think he just got a fake ring just to wind up the Dillon's - I don't think he would have given her a real ring - he dosnt seem to think that much of her. From what I can remember Keiths ring had diamonds on the shoulders.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Really enjoyable episode last night :)

Loved the scenes in the pub. I've never been too critical of the acting of Caoimhe as I find her quite believeable, personally...

It seems they're setting up Dermot with Orla. At least for a one nighter or am I way off the mark?

Kelli/y is coming on strong and should remain on. Give her a 6 month contract FC bosses...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

i dont read spoilers. or whats going to happen this week in DS. and i like to watch my soaps live and as they happen. so people on here should have some respect for people like myself who like the element of surprise and not broadcast that decco et al are leaving next week and ruining storylines.... conseal things like this as they are officially spoilers....
    i thhink this is a bigger forum crime than slaging off an actors lack of ability or an actor being fat, which as far as i can make out was why this forum was shut down yesterday?...
    and althought this bugs me slightly, in the great big scheme of things i wont loose any sleep over it and its not affecting my quality of life by any means i just think people shouldnt do it openly....

One major thing about FC thats bugs me alot lately is that alot seems to happen off screen between episodes that is never really addressed on screen e.g. Decco and Caoimhe reunion

Sometimes I feel I have missed an episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

People need to use the spoiler tags if you are talking about storylines in the future. just click the spoiler button and insert your text and then right click to hover over the text to read it.

Lets not spoil it for those that dont want to read it :)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    One major thing about FC thats bugs me alot lately is that alot seems to happen off screen between episodes that is never really addressed on screen e.g. Decco and Caoimhe reunion

Sometimes I feel I have missed an episode
    This happened onscreen right at the end of an episode , he followed her out from the pub , she was waiting at the bench in the park , he started necking the bejaysus out of her.Que title music.

000569dc-545.jpg

Ask Pete a question

We want your questions for Enda Oates

Pete is the lovable chap around town. He's a kind man with a good heart and likes to be part of the community. Pete has had a turbulent time with his own family, with his wife having leaving him to look after their two young sons.

Although he was upset that his son Doug chose to emigrate and join his other son in London, Pete has found some stability in his relationship with Dolores.
    Pete has joined forces with Damien to try to beat the recession with their builders' business, The Go 2 Guys and they have already completed the major renovation of Phelan's shop. Dolores and Pete have just got over a bump in their relationship so most of Pete's current struggles involve having to endure living with the terrible twosome, Orla and Keith. Will he survive living with them much longer and what's next for Pete Ferguson?

If you would like to ask Enda Oates a question, please email your questions to faircity@rte.ie, with subject line, "Enda Oates Interview", or tweet your questions @RTEFairCity.

We will select the best questions and put them to Enda.

The deadline for questions is Monday 16th January 2012.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

iceblue wrote: »
    i dont read spoilers. or whats going to happen this week in DS. and i like to watch my soaps live and as they happen. so people on here should have some respect for people like myself who like the element of surprise and not broadcast that decco et al are leaving next week and ruining storylines.... conseal things like this as they are officially spoilers....
    i thhink this is a bigger forum crime than slaging off an actors lack of ability or an actor being fat, which as far as i can make out was why this forum was shut down yesterday?...
    and althought this bugs me slightly, in the great big scheme of things i wont loose any sleep over it and its not affecting my quality of life by any means i just think people shouldnt do it openly....

The thread has the words "news" and "spoilers" written in the title which means that people can post spoilers or other news like cast members leaving/joining uncovered. If the thread didn't have that in the title people wouldn't be allowed do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Where is Robert supposed to be at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I am not his biggest fan, but i thought Decco was very good in his scenes last night. You just know that he is setting Caoimhe up for a fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

I like Pete.

• Advertisement

sue z wrote: »
    I like Pete.

Me too. He is a very underrated actor on the show (and underused if you ask me) He deserves bigger and better storylines.

Would like to see him & Dolores get married.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement