Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS system update - Delayed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

shizz wrote: »
    Will they be releasing the pokemon games?

Probaly not.

The first two generations (the gb ones) aren't compatible with the 3rd gen and up....
    Maybe when they get around to GBA games they might give us the remakes of Red/Blue but that won't be for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Would this be considered one of the better Zelda games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Probaly not.

The first two generations (the gb ones) aren't compatible with the 3rd gen and up....
    Maybe when they get around to GBA games they might give us the remakes of Red/Blue but that won't be for a while.

I haven't played any of the new gen pokemon games but I have to say they look muck compared to the good old 150 :) Ahh i wanna play Pokemon RED.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Would this be considered one of the better Zelda games?

Yes. It's definitely in my top five Zelda games. It has a look and feel which is reminiscient of Link to the past on the SNES.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

maybe do with pokemon Black and White, so they catch all 649 pokemon.

• Advertisement

I was reading on another forum that the US eShop has lots of 3D videos up from E3. Us Europeans have nothing yet. At least not a couple of hours ago when I checked.

I was reading on another forum that the US eShop has lots of 3D videos up from E3. Us Europeans have nothing yet. At least not a couple of hours ago when I checked.

Complained to the two addresses it listed (the uk one and germany)
    No answer from UK yet, German one told me to contact the uk one for my region.....then when i asked "Well are the trailers available in germany?" i just got
    "Thank you for your eMail.

The trailers you are asking for are not available in Germany yet. We do not have information about when the trailers will be available on the german eShop at this time."

They should just put them up...can't be that much work!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Complained to the two addresses it listed (the uk one and germany)
    No answer from UK yet, German one told me to contact the uk one for my region.....then when i asked "Well are the trailers available in germany?" i just got
    "Thank you for your eMail.

The trailers you are asking for are not available in Germany yet. We do not have information about when the trailers will be available on the german eShop at this time."

They should just put them up...can't be that much work!

It's stupid because Miyamoto said two nights ago in California that the videos will be available in all regions by that night.

Did you get a confirmation email when you emailed UK?
    I sent them two emails about a different problem and don't have a clue if they even got the emails.

Does anyone know what the PAL releases will be on Thursday?

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the PAL releases will be on Thursday?

Well America got Radar Mission, we got Tennis.

For the gameboy, Japan also got:
    Baseball
    Downtown Special: Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki da yo Zenin Shūgō!
    Kirby's Dream Land
    Avenging Spirit
    Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge

and also the 3D Classics version of Xevious.

Bar Downtown Special I'd say maybe 2 titles from above could be likely?
    edit: PR release is Mondays.
    edit: And Japan are getting DK 94 in this weeks update.

• Advertisement

Well America got Radar Mission, we got Tennis.

For the gameboy, Japan also got:
    Baseball
    Downtown Special: Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki da yo Zenin Shūgō!
    Kirby's Dream Land
    Avenging Spirit
    Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge

and also the 3D Classics version of Xevious.

Bar Downtown Special I'd say maybe 2 titles from above could be likely?
    edit: PR release is Mondays.
    edit: And Japan are getting DK 94 in this weeks update.

I really hope we get Xevious and DK 94 this week. Xevious is timeless and I missed out on DK94 but it was supposed to be one of the best gameboy games ever released. I doubt we'll get baseball, not popular here, and Kunio was never released here and would be considered "too obscure".

Any official word on what Europe will get this week?

It was supposed to be published today, wasn't it?
    That's what my eShop said last week...

Well so much for the list of VC games being published at the start of the week. They did it for Japan and the U.S. but not the E.U.
    I love Nintendo but the one thing that has always annoyed me since the days of the SNES is how they treat the European market. MS might not give us netflix or whatever over here but at least the XBLA and DLC content etc is pretty much identical to the US and is released the same time.

Wonder if they will update the store it at mid-night like last week. Fingers crossed for Donkey Kong 94 and Xevious 3D.

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Well so much for the list of VC games being published at the start of the week. They did it for Japan and the U.S. but not the E.U.
    I love Nintendo but the one thing that has always annoyed me since the days of the SNES is how they treat the European market. MS might not give us netflix or whatever over here but at least the XBLA and DLC content etc is pretty much identical to the US and is released the same time.

Wonder if they will update the store it at mid-night like last week. Fingers crossed for Donkey Kong 94 and Xevious 3D.

They didn't...well for the US didn't anyway.

They didn't...well for the US didn't anyway.

I was just prompted to do an update but the 3DS store had the same content.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

Another update out for 3ds. Fixes issue with Ridge Racer and allows updates to be pushed to the console. Reported on Vooks.

Looks like this update wont land til tonight...Midnight?

US is getting Donkey Kong 94 at least.

Its up, Donkey Kong for Gameboy for €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

Its up, Donkey Kong for Gameboy for €4.

Tried it, worth downloading?

• Advertisement

ScaldyMc wrote: »
    Don't have it yet, but apparntly it's a pretty good version of DK :)

On another note, Nintendo uk finally got back to me when i asked about the e3 trailers....Got 3 replies from germany in that time on things...(basically "We've passed your suggestions on, blahblahblah, contact your local nintendo...even though it's something that would also effect germany :P)

"The downloadable and promotional content available on Nintendo eShop and its scheduling vary on a regional basis. However, we can confirm that The Green Lantern 3D trailer from Warner Bros is now available in the UK and is coming to additional European markets soon. The E3 special movies will also be coming to consumers in Europe soon."

Guess there's still hope yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Another update out for 3ds. Fixes issue with Ridge Racer and allows updates to be pushed to the console. Reported on Vooks.

So that's what it does, interesting, wondered what was going on

And only Donkey Kong, bit of a let down, a few more titles would be nice to be spoilt for choice.

It's well worth the 4 Euro. It's recognised as one of the best game boy games. Here's a good review. That guy is my favourite retro reviewer on youtube.

Anyway, yeah I was expecting at least two games. Maybe we'll get another one tomorrow, like we did last week with Zelda.

I'm pretty disappointed about only one game being added today. I doubt I'll be downloading DK. Perhaps if they offered a demo I would be interested.

On a side note perhaps we should have a separate thread for Nintendo eShop discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,429 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I know they like to trickle games out onto services like this to maximize profits...but with such a huge back catalog (and so few decent 3DS games to play right now) they should be releasing lots.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Donkey Kong shall be a definite purchase when I get home from work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 stalking zebra

I never played this version of Donkey Kong before and was thinking the €4 might be a bit much but its bloody brilliant and well worth the money.
    The first four levels i was a bit hmmmmmm but after that it changes into a puzzle platformer. Great stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Ahhhhh I hope they release one of the original pokemon games

Gamestop thinks estore cards may not be available until the end of summer :(

Gonna suck if true....got a 30 euro gamestop voucher i was hoping to use up on them :/ :pac:

• Advertisement

Gamestop thinks estore cards may not be available until the end of summer :(

Gonna suck if true....got a 30 euro gamestop voucher i was hoping to use up on them :/ :pac:

Nintendo say end of July.

Radar attack and double dragon are on the eshop today.

Advertisement