Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aleatorio's study log

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Tonight's plan:

Biology:
    Full year exam paper
    Revise experiments
    Revise everything else...
    Planning on reading the whole textbook tonight in bed :pac:

Irish:
    Pros: Caca, Dís, Gnathrud, and a little glance over the other 2
    Poetry: Geibheann, Spailpin, Colscaradh, and a little glance over the other 2
    ATNTO: Read an english translation of the book, make notes on sample essays
    Grammar: Revise grammar

Irish Paper 2: This.. This was actually beautiful! :o The two reading comps were a joy to do, hopefully near enough to full marks there! And then ATNTO was graaaanndd, wrote two and a half pages about how humour showed the fun he had in life and whatnot, Spailpin was fine too, I actually liked the question on the meter of the poem because I had looked at it earlier :o Dís was probably the worst of a good bunch, did 3/4 page for each part and said nearly the same thing in both, but ah well, can't have everything :o hoping that my lovely oral, adequate essay, brilliant aural and decent paper 2 should grab me a B1 at least :D
    Biology: this was a weird paper, but overall it was no harder than any other year :) Found a lot of the questions were either straightforward logic or involved a tinnnyyy bit of knowledge extrapolation to answer :pac: Made a few silly little mistakes in the short qs but shouldn't cost me too many marks, hopefully the A1 has been gotten here!

Day off tomorrow now to cram the life out of Business :o

Business: So, after a day full of procrastinating, panicking and freaking out about not being prepared, and then planning to get up early to cram, and then having my alarm not go off and crawl out of bed 45 minutes before the exam, I can finally say that Im DONE with Business! And it went rather brilliantly - I hope! Pretty sure Ive managed nearly full marks in the SQs, and the ABQ too hopefully. I did Q1,3,4,5 and Q1 and 3 were made for me - Loved the q on legislative process and the SGSS Act Q, Q 4 and 5 we're less strong for me, I messed up the debt/equity calculation but hopefully I didnt lose too many marks, the rest of the Q was strong, loved the Maslows Q - kind of waffled the meetings Q and ran out of time but hopefully I did ok :D Hoping for the A2! :cool:

Weekend plan for Spanish and Physics:

Physics: Do as many exam papers as possible and read the book a few times. Simple. :rolleyes:
    Spanish: Exam papers, listen to lots of Spanish listenings, learn phrases for Opinion piece, look over vocab for the environment/bullying/technology and revise verbs and tenses.

Time to update my goals! :pac:

Subject | Pessimistic | Optimistic | Goal
    English | C1 | B2 | B2
    Irish | B2 | A2 | B1
    Maths | B1 | A1 | A1
    Spanish | B1 | A1 | B1
    Business | B2 | A1 | A2
    Physics | A2 | A1 | A1
    Biology | A2 | A1 | A1
    Points | 535 | 610 | 585

• Advertisement

Physics: SUCH a lovely paper :D:D Pretty sure I got near enough full marks for most questions, especially the experiment qs. Only question I didnt answer was Q6 on mechanics, simply because it was the last one I would have attempted and I ran out of time :o Bit sneaky of the SEC putting the option as Q11! :pac: Q12 and Q5 were beautiful, as was Q11, and I think the others were pretty good too :')
    Fingers crossed for the A1! Now to go compare answers with people and feel like Ive failed :pac:

Spanish: This was.. good enough for me :pac: Most of the reading comps were fine with the exception of a few translations and synoynms, the dialogue was perfect except the word for 'scholarship' and my note was..note-y :pac: Fingers crossed I get the B1!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

aleatorio wrote: »
    Spanish: This was.. good enough for me :pac: Most of the reading comps were fine with the exception of a few translations and synoynms, the dialogue was perfect except the word for 'scholarship' and my note was..note-y :pac: Fingers crossed I get the B1!

Synonyms* :pac:

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Synonyms* :pac:

Yes. You already pointed that out to me earlier smart-arse....
    Go awayyyyyyyyyy :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Yes. You already pointed that out to me earlier smart-arse....
    Go awayyyyyyyyyy :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I felt the need to address it again... :D

• Advertisement

So...

English | A1
    Irish | B1
    Maths | A1
    Spanish | A1
    Physics | A1
    Biology | A1
    Business | A1

Guess the hard work paid off.. Im in shock to be honest... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Congratulations, well deserved :)

Congratulations, well deserved :)

Thank you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Flickka

Just read through all your posts. You're officially my inspiration :p
    Congrats btw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

Just read the whole thread now too, congratulations!! I'd kill for those results!! :D

Sometimes I wish I had a study log for college.. :o
    (Just had a nice trip down memory lane reading this :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

Sometimes I wish I had a study log for college.. :o
    (Just had a nice trip down memory lane reading this :D)

This study log inspires me so much you have no idea :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

Any chance I could PM you regarding the Leaving Cert?
    It would be great to get insight from someone who got ridiculously high points such as yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Manufan123

TheBiz wrote: »
    Any chance I could PM you regarding the Leaving Cert?
    It would be great to get insight from someone who got ridiculously high points such as yourself!
    Could post it here for all to see ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

Manufan123 wrote: »
    Could post it here for all to see ;)

That works to!
    Just basically on how you allocated time, decided what to study (just what you felt you needed to or what you were doing in school at the time?)
    I basically just study for upcoming tests but I realise I need to do constant and consistent study for the leaving Cert and not just for the upcoming test.

Also any extra tips?
    Thanks!

• Advertisement

Nearly 4 years of college later and I find myself having a look at this to motivate myself to do my PhD applications and study for my final year exams.. I wish I worked as hard now as I did back then :o

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭smartboyz

Plz how many hours of study were you doing each nighr

Advertisement