Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2016

Options
  • 09-07-2015 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm so excited and have been waiting for the thread to start (maybe i am too early though) we are due March 4th 2016!

this will be our 2nd child but we have been ttc since last year, with a miscarriage last march we are so happy to be here, obviously being so early on i am a bit anxious to but i am trying not to stress too much, i am terrible at keeping secrets and already have had two major family events to cover at!

its been so many years since the first i've completely forgotten the appointments routine and all the symptoms...

so far its just mild morning nausea!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Congrats!!! I'm on the January group so a few weeks ahead.

Hopefully you will be joined in the group by lots of March Mummies very soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Hello, I've been waiting for someone else to start this as last time I did i miscarried twins :(

I've had a baby boy since then whos 17 mths.

I'm due March 3rd. Very nervous too as I feel fine, but last time was very sick from the v beginning. Was horrible but reassuring at the same time!

I'm currently in Germany ( this was sort of an early surprise accident lol!) so now I've to try and find an English speaking doc!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks little miss cutie for the response, its always handy to hear from those a few weeks ahead of us to see what is in the pipelines :D

dori i hope you found your english speaking doctor! I wouldn't worry about the sickness thing, the last time around i was sick all day every day for the entire two trimesters, i could barely keep down water, so i was worried about that happening again this time, so far i just feel sick but i'm not getting sick, it is early days though so fingers are crossed it stays at this and doesn't get worse,

just got my appointment for the 26th of august for the ultrasound! it feels so far away but yet i know i'll be there on the day saying "where did the time go?"

Thanks! I'm so nervous I took another test and it says 3+ weeks so hopefully everything is grand.

I'm only feeling a little queasy every other day in the afternoon. Last time from 5 weeks I puked all day for 16 weeks. So so far it's v dif! Although I don't remember being so exhausted last time, although we did just move country and I've a toddler this time round lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rebshe88

Hey ladies I'll be joining you also due 4th March. This is my 3rd baby have a 5yr ds and 1yr dd. Didn't expect it to happen this quickly but really excited now. Don't have a scan until 24th August seems forever away

• Advertisement

Where are you ladies having your babies?

Cumh here :)

we will be in the CUMH.

You two could be roomies!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Only found out 2weeks ago we're expecting number 2 on the 1st of March. Still stunned as we had given up after 1 IVF and 3 IUI. Definitely a state of mind when it comes to making babies. High blood pressure and preeclampsia first time round, low thyroid activity make for a lot of observation and scanning.

As I say still in shock as we were on the doorstep of adoption route.. Crazy stuff.

• Advertisement

we will be in the CUMH.

See you there, I bax the bed next to window ;)

Congrats! Hope it goes as smoothly as possible for you Andy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I'm due March 16th with my second! Couldn't wait to post on this thread.

Morning sickness is awful on this one. No throwing up but just feel absolutely rotten from about 30 mins after I wake up till at least 4 in the afternoon. The heat here isn't helping. Hopefully that'll clear up soon!

Going to my first gyn appointment today! :)

I'm due March 16th with my second! Couldn't wait to post on this thread.

Morning sickness is awful on this one. No throwing up but just feel absolutely rotten from about 30 mins after I wake up till at least 4 in the afternoon. The heat here isn't helping. Hopefully that'll clear up soon!

Going to my first gyn appointment today! :)

congratulations to you and to everyone who has posted here! :D

i am finding the same on the morning sickness, first time round it was so bad i couldn't keep water down, this time i am not physically throwing up but the constant feeling like i have to is somehow worse?!? i am almost missing the relief i got the last time after i threw up where you feel normal for an hour or so, before it started again, this time its just a constant almost throwing up feeling that never ends...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Awww congrats Ivy :)

I honestly can't remember if I felt this bad at this stage of the last pregnancy - my first pregnancy was a "surprise" and I didn't realise I was expecting until about 3 weeks from this stage.
    This time, it's different because we've been planning it for several months, so I know my cycle length, date of last period etc etc. I knew I was pregnant before my period was even due. Completely different experience!

Ok so I went to the gyny the other day, he did a scan, and I saw the baby (only 3mm! mad!) and we could see it's heart beating (couldn't hear it yet, it's too early). So I have to get a rake of blood tests (ugh) and go back in about 4 weeks for the official first trimester scan.

Finally found a gynaecologist here in munich that speaks English! First meeting on fri, think I'll get a mini scan to confirm like you ivy.

Crap I'm nervous. I hope she's nice, I hope baby is ok. I don't feel ill at all, and last pregnancy was horrible from a morning sickness perspective.

Cross everything for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Woodbrook80

Hi can I join in just found out few days ago that I'm pregnant with my first yippee so due I'd say around 25th March although doctor said 20 th I think it's later

Crap I'm nervous. I hope she's nice, I hope baby is ok. I don't feel ill at all, and last pregnancy was horrible from a morning sickness perspective.

Cross everything for me!

everything is crossed here for you anyways!

yesterday was a terrible day for me, i was horribly sick all morning and then all through the afternoon/evening i was feeling like i was going to be sick, but never did thank goodness.

woke up today and nothing too bad again similar to previous days, so i don't know what's going on, it just comes and goes!

• Advertisement

So I had my appointment this morning. It's not looking good unfortunately. The sac is massively bigger than the embryo and the heartbeat is low. She said to expect a miscarriage.

Apparently there's a small chance it would survive but would likely have chromosome defects.

We are devastated to say the least. I have an appointment on tues for a follow up but she said if I start bleeding I've to go straight to hospital.

At least here they do loads of scans and we know what's going on. I'd hate to have to wait til 12 wks for info

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that, Dori. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Thats too bad Dori. Hope you're doing ok.

Thanks guys. Can't believe I've to go through this again. I don't know how people do it for years. Very much feel like I don't want this heart break ever again

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Woodbrook80

Thanks guys. Can't believe I've to go through this again. I don't know how people do it for years. Very much feel like I don't want this heart break ever again

Sorry to hear of your loss! Take care of yourself

Dori i am so sorry for your loss, having been there before no words can bring comfort i know but try to take plenty of time for yourself xxx

Can anyone else here tell me please on your second baby did your belly get bigger sooner? on our first the bump was barely noticeable until well into the second trimester where as this time i am feeling bigger already (jeans are getting VERY tight) but my scan isn't for another 3 weeks and i don't want to tell people until after that as soon as i know myself everything is fine... but they will start guessing if they haven't already as i'm noticeably bigger and just in the belly area?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Littlegreen bike

Found out we are 7 weeks pregnant omg! Excited and terrified at the same time! First time so have no idea what to do or expect!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

I'm due in early March, I had a scan at 7 weeks due to some spotting but thankfully everything was okay, I had a miscarriage earlier this year so I'm still nervous but it's out of my hands. All we can do is hope everything goes okay this time. My next appointment is in mid August so I may relax after that!

Dori I'm sorry your news wasn't what you hoped for. Take care of yourself.

Thanks ladies, I hope you all have healthy and happy pregnancies!

• Advertisement

two weeks to go until we get our scan, been holding off telling people until after we know everything is ok, but it's so so hard, people keep asking about our "plans" for the next year and i am trying to fob them off but i am a terrible liar!

have a doctor's appointment this week but i have no idea what it's for he just told me to come back in a months time?? i feel like a newbie all over again clueless and not knowing whats coming next :D

Advertisement