Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home Exercise Routine - Anyone got a plan/chart

• 20-05-2014 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Folks,

I'm looking for a beginner programme to assist in a general weight loss/strengthening drive i'm on.
    I have a fair understanding of the basics regarding diet, and understand that eat less - move more should be all that i need to kick start the weight loss element.
    My main meals are all relatively good, it's cutting out the crappy snacks where i will need to focus. I've used myfitnesspal and its quoting 1880 calories, which is managable long term, but i need to get activity levels sorted along with sorting out eating crap snacks.

With regards the fitness side
    Basic summary 16st. 6ft. age 40.
    I have 4 young kids (all under 8), so it is difficult to get time unless early morning or late at night, so group/gym is not sustainable. Doing fitness related play with them is difficult as when i get home from works we are into bedtime routine/winding down mode with the kids.
    Sedentary lifestyle, I have played competitive team sports but that's nearly 10 years ago now.
    I know i would need to get a walking regime going before starting into a couch to 5k or similar jogging routine. I prefer cycling but it takes up a lot of time. Dont know whether i can take to jogging - used to hate it/get bored when training with team sports.
    I can figure out getting my sloppy diet under control myself (eat less rubbish in my case), and get a walking/jog plan sorted, but i'm hoping to get a fairly easy to follow exercise routine from some one here. I have a set of dumbells and exercise bike (but probably stick to walk/jog instead for cardio).
    Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Crap broadband here so youtube and similar take too long to view.

Any advice and views appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,931 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Read this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056645926

You'd need a basic level of fitness before you start so maybe think about working your way up to been able to jog 4-5K first before you start the programme.

workouts last 35-40 mins in the first month and then increase to 50-60 mins

I have a similar issue to yourself - kids, bed time, wind down, short on time etc.. so I find these ideal. I usually do mine at about 8.30pm at night and I'm showered and sitting on the couch an hour later having burned off 500-700 cals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭meijin

this might suit you best - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70755853 - you can start from absolute beginner level, and do it when kids go to sleep, before they get up. Also it doesn't require much equipment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

go to a place where you can use youtube properly as you aint going to figure things out simply by doing a shopping list of exercsies without knowing if you are doing it right.

heres what i get my beginners to do when training at home or even just to get started in a gym -

get off sugar and wheat and foam roll daily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭atilladehun

you can use real player to download youtube so if you find a video you like then store it and you won't have to rely on your broadband. not strictly fitness but it could help your plan.

I alternate convict conditioning and insanity at home with some yoga and foam rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Not that one

Thanks for the help.
    I will drop back after a few weeks and update.
    Any other advice/tips stick them on here?
    Bound to be others in the same position as me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement