Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2015

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

7lbs isn't small at all? Congratulations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

7lbs isn't small at all? Congratulations :)

My daughter was 8lbs 2.5oz and the midwives told me that was about average these days, especially for first-time mums, and that they were rarely surprised at anything under 9lbs7oz!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gmail

antodeco wrote: »
    Baby boy born today at 2:08! Small little guy at 7lbs, but glad he's finally here! :-)

Congrats great news on your little mans arrival!

7lbs is considered small these days apparently. 8lbs is 'normal' now according to my midwife.

So I'm overdue since Monday with no stir at all :(
    Pretty gutted as I had hoped I'd see some action now. Booked in for induction Monday so this isn't ideal but at the same time we are hugely excited for the new arrival :) First timers here!

I'm suffering with a very annoying cough the past few nights which is a) driving me insane and b) making the insomnia 1,000 times worse Grrrr

How's everybody else doing?

Gmail wrote: »
    Congrats great news on your little mans arrival!

7lbs is considered small these days apparently. 8lbs is 'normal' now according to my midwife.

So I'm overdue since Monday with no stir at all :(
    Pretty gutted as I had hoped I'd see some action now. Booked in for induction Monday so this isn't ideal but at the same time we are hugely excited for the new arrival :) First timers here!

I'm suffering with a very annoying cough the past few nights which is a) driving me insane and b) making the insomnia 1,000 times worse Grrrr

How's everybody else doing?

Still time yet! I had to be induced with my first as well and it was, overall, a very pleasant experience as far as births go :o
    Start coughing harder :P
    Just blew up my birthing ball (albeit a bit late in the pregnancy) and finding it's not giving me the same relief from back pain that it did the last time :(

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Still time yet! I had to be induced with my first as well and it was, overall, a very pleasant experience as far as births go :o
    Start coughing harder :P
    Just blew up my birthing ball (albeit a bit late in the pregnancy) and finding it's not giving me the same relief from back pain that it did the last time :(

That's great to hear your induction went well on your first shashabear,...I've been reading up about positive induction stories today to try & get myself in the right mindset.

Heart goes out to you with back pain. Have you had it all the way through? You had it last time aswell so I hope it'll stop as soon as babs arrives.
    I've been lucky to escape it but it must be torture. Any relief when lying down or is it constant?

Lol at the coughing harder by the way - didn't think of it like that :):):)

• Advertisement

Gmail wrote: »
    That's great to hear your induction went well on your first shashabear,...I've been reading up about positive induction stories today to try & get myself in the right mindset.

Heart goes out to you with back pain. Have you had it all the way through? You had it last time aswell so I hope it'll stop as soon as babs arrives.
    I've been lucky to escape it but it must be torture. Any relief when lying down or is it constant?

Lol at the coughing harder by the way - didn't think of it like that :):):)

Very well. Granted the labour progressed very, very fast but there's nothing to suggest that it might not have done that anyway. All in all the only downside was that it meant I didn't get the MLU and my partner had to go home that night :o
    Yeah I've put on a good bit of weight. Not as much as last time but enough to put more strain on my body than it probably needs :pac: But it only really manifests towards the end of the day when I've been on my feet a bit (can't really be avoided with a toddler ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

Really thought things were starting last night, had really bad cramping pains and nausea, felt awful! Eventually got to sleep and woke up still feeling awful but the cramps had stopped.

They have actually been happening all day on and off since, but there's no pattern to them so I'll wait until my week 38 appointment Monday and see what the consultant says. Pregnancy is tough going at this late stage! Will totally be worth it though :)

Really thought things were starting last night, had really bad cramping pains and nausea, felt awful! Eventually got to sleep and woke up still feeling awful but the cramps had stopped.

They have actually been happening all day on and off since, but there's no pattern to them so I'll wait until my week 38 appointment Monday and see what the consultant says. Pregnancy is tough going at this late stage! Will totally be worth it though :)

Odd... exactly the same happened to me, and Im 38 weeks on Monday!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Odd... exactly the same happened to me, and Im 38 weeks on Monday!

Something must be in the water!

The back pain is unreal, I've never had it before, dear lord its an awful dose

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

I had a sweep done yesterday, what an experience I def won't forget no matter how hard I try!!! Booked in for induction Monday week if nothing happens which is the day before my due date. I know TMI but think if it's possible then today I've been losing the mucus plug slowly.

• Advertisement

Its been a very eventful week!

At the 39 week consultant appointment last week, we were told i was to be induced the following day!

1 minute past midnight on Wed 25th November, baby Lily was born at 8 pounds 7 oz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

I was induced last Monday, little baby girl Lucy was born at 16.01 8lbs 8oz. Still doesn't feel real that she's here.

Congrats to you both! Looks like I won't make it for November at all at this rate! Officially due today, but she seems perfectly cozy and happy to stay put!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Congrats you guys! I too will be welcoming a December baby it seems. Was due on sat, but nothing stirring yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Congrats all, majorly jealous. I was due last wed 25th, still no sign of this baby making an appearance. Hope its not as long as their big brother who made me wait 14 days after his due date to meet him.

Congrats to all those who have had their babies & best of luck to those en route!

My little girl arrived almost 2 weeks ago now on Tuesday November 17th.
    Absolutely besotted with her, it's such an amazing time, she is heart melting amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

First time on boards in years and wondered how everyone here is doing 18 months on [or so!]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I ended up with an early December baby, nearly 18 mo now, and he's busy out! He's only recently started sleeping through the night, and I'm loving it! Just waiting on my June 2017 baby to arrive now though, so it's about to get even busier!

December baby here too, she's STILL refusing to walk and the cheekiest mare I have ever come across in my life! She absolutely worships the ground her Irish Twin sister walks on, but the day is split 50/50 between them holding hands and kissing and saying "I love you" to them spitting at each other and throwing tricycles at each other.

You'd think I was exaggerating, but no. :pac:

Advertisement