Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knee pain after soccer

Options
  • 21-05-2014 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I played a soccer match and afterwards my left knee felt sore on the inside and below the knee cap. The next day the pain had increased and walking was difficult, there was no swelling though. The pain eased by the following morning and I was ok again.....which I thought was strange, so I just put it down to a knock or something.

I then played 2 matches last week and all seemed perfectly fine.

However, I had another match yesterday and before half-time I felt as though the same knee was "clicking" and felt a bit strange. There wasn't much pain but it didn't feel right so I didn't play for the 2nd half. Today the pain worsened, although still no swelling, so I'm wondering if I should go see a doctor, or A&E, or perhaps a physio? The pain is mainly on the inside and below the knee cap. I was thinking ligaments but I thought it was strange that it cleared up so quickly the first time I felt it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I had knee pain a few years back.

All the research / reading I did suggested the knee is very complicated and figuring out knee pain is difficult.

I recommend going to a physio (and/or doctor) to get it checked out.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Yup, you need real world advice on this one, not the advice of us well meaning online muppets :)

Closing thread as it's medical advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement