Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ghost recon future soldier

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Im really looking forward to this game, prob my most anticipated title of the year for me. Love GR 1 and 2 , 3 looks class. Grpahics, gameplay, sound all look like its shaping up well.

Gunsmith looks brilliant with Kinect and Im really looking forward to tinkering about with that.
    Considering the review scores the previous two titles got I'd have expected more mates to be talking about this but seems like right now in my own circle Im the only one excited for this :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

I would have been interested in this game if ubisoft didn't keep delaying it. I wonder how many story changes they've went through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Love Ghost Recon, looking forward to this a lot! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

dar83 wrote: »
    Love Ghost Recon, looking forward to this a lot! :D
    The beta starts April the 12th on xbox360 if you have splintercell conviction
    There's an early beta access competition on ghostrecon Facebook page .
    Beta includes conflict and sabeture game mode which I don't know exactly what they are but looking forward to it .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

looks awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dunno why they using the Ghost Recon name, reminds me of this.

south-park-indy2.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

This does look interesting.

Is the beta going to be public? How do we access it from splinter cell? I traded my copy of SC in after GR was pushed back a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Is the beta going to be public? How do we access it from splinter cell? I traded my copy of SC in after GR was pushed back a year.

If you set up a uplay account when you played any ubisoft game you should get an invite through email . Or if you have the splinter cell disc you can download the beta from there . The 12th of April beta release was a poxy rumour and it's now set in stone for the 19th
    If your on the ps3 you get it on the 19th from play station plus or again through uplay .
    They've added a ghostrecon network for smart phones and tablets looks really good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt8IL9Z1b5I&sns=em

Yeah, i've got it on my uplay on my email. still no email yet though. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

anyone get a beta key?

yup, i got mine. I got it from gamestop.ie when i pre-bought it. But i think you can just pre-order it in store and get the beta key

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just got sent a beta key from the Ubi mailing list. I assume if I got one, they're going out to everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Got mine too PS3 downloading now can start playing on the 19th.

Just got sent a beta key from the Ubi mailing list. I assume if I got one, they're going out to everyone.

Ubisoft are sending the codes out to certain members only who have their accounts linked with Splinter Cell. I never got my code from them :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

If you want a code and didn't get an E-mail Gamespot are giving em' right now it's on their front page just type in your E-mail and BOOM! :D That's where I got mine and already downloading. :cool:

Aren't those for the Ghost Recon Online game? I was under the impression they were. That's a separate game to future soldier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

only ps3 or xbox codes... BAH....... feck off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Got an e-mail from Ubi but it was just telling me to download the beta via the Splinter Cell Conviction menu , which would be great if I had not got rid of it ages ago.

Went with the Gamespot route and have it downloading now (1628MB on the PS3).

got my code for liking the facebook page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Got a few from Gamespot so happy out, got myself, my GF and a few mates covered. Nice one Notorioux

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Downloaded it from Splinter Cell: Conviction menu, went to play it now and it says "The ubisoft service is not available at this time. Please try again later." Anyone else getting this ?

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Downloaded it from Splinter Cell: Conviction menu, went to play it now and it says "The ubisoft service is not available at this time. Please try again later." Anyone else getting this ?
    Beta was available to pre download from 17th, the beta opens on the 19th so hopefully tonight at midnight, otherwise tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

EJ22 wrote: »
    Beta was available to pre download from 17th, the beta opens on the 19th so hopefully tonight at midnight, otherwise tomorrow
    Well this is embarrissing :o Cheers for the help:D

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Well this is embarrissing :o Cheers for the help:D
    no problems

UPDATE: From Ghost Recon Twitter (@GhostRecon)

Beta starts TOMORROW, the 19th, at 10:00am RST ("Red Storm Time"): that's 10:00am EDT, 2:00pm GMT, 4:00pm Paris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Beta is on now.

I'm downloading it at the moment and I cannot wait.
    Ghost Recon is one of my Favourite online shooters...... I just hope they haven't
    dumbed it down to much :D

blobby360 wrote: »
    Beta is on now.

I'm downloading it at the moment and I cannot wait.
    Ghost Recon is one of my Favourite online shooters...... I just hope they haven't

instead of saying "dumbed it down" just say something like "making it more like COD". I can't wait to see how this beta turns out

time do the servers open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

blobby360 wrote: »
    Favourite online shooters...... I just hope they haven't

Too late, that happened with the GRAW games, this is more of the same. Bring back the first games from 2001, fps and an 8 man squad. Not this super 3,4 man squad they have now and with Rainbow Six.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

If anyone has a spare code I would be eternally grateful! :D Help another Boardsie out! Begging over! :P PM me if you got one!

If anyone has a spare code I would be eternally grateful! :D Help another Boardsie out! Begging over! :P PM me if you got one!

PS3 or Xbox?

Xbox!

Go to http://bellmont.eu/ghostrecon/

Enter email and select platform

There yah go

EJ22 wrote: »
    Go to http://bellmont.eu/ghostrecon/

Enter email and select platform

There yah go

I love you! Thanks a bunch lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Well having played the game for nearly a hour.
    I would safely say that i would buy the game if the following were fixed.

Grenades
    I find them very overpowered and can be random in the time it takes them to explode.

Time
    I think that the time it takes for the attack to capture a supply point isn't long enough.

Defence
    When i was playing i always found that when i was attacking our team would rarely be able to capture a supply point back because the enemy team where so well covered ( Granted it could just mean my team was pants :D ).

I think that the Defending team is always in control and this can be very frustrating, since they can just sit and wait for its pray.

But This would be fixed if you were in a team communicating.

Overall i thing i will have a blast in this game and it brings me back to the days of advanced warfighter and all its sneaky glory.....:p

They're open now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Can't seem to find a game at all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

looks like all the 3rd person shooters, big maps, full of campers, pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Does the beta keep freezing for anyone else? 3 times in a row I've joined a game for it to freeze a few mins in and I have to restart the xbox. :mad:

For the few mins I did play it, I agree with ninjaK above. initial impressions full of campers hiding in shrubbery, if they went like how RV:2 was, then it could have been a top game.

• Advertisement

Does the beta keep freezing for anyone else? 3 times in a row I've joined a game for it to freeze a few mins in and I have to restart the xbox. :mad:

For the few mins I did play it, I agree with ninjaK above. initial impressions full of campers hiding in shrubbery, if they went like how RV:2 was, then it could have been a top game.

I am having the same problem on the PS3 as well 5 times in a row now keeps freezing on start up "checking DLC" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

It's better than I taught it would be but then again my expectations going in were very low. Can't play more than two or three games without getting bored. Would take an old school ghost recon any day over this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Notorioux wrote: »
    I am having the same problem on the PS3 as well 5 times in a row now keeps freezing on start up "checking DLC" :mad:

Ya there saying on there twitter that its a problem on ps3.Although I did avoid it when before it started to check for dlc i opened my ps3 dashboard and it worked for whatever reason.
    *crap must have been a once cause it froze again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

At least they have dropped the rainbow 6 part from the title.

This game is ****e and will be ****e, anyone who liked Vegas will love this ****.

Anyone who liked Rainbow 6.....move on nothing to see here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

PS3 keys going here

I have 8 beta keys here if anyone wants them, all for xbox though. I won them all today :P

There are now 5 left, and from now on i'll only be giving them out to members who have 50 posts or more (or who haven't created their account today just to get a code off me).

ALL CODES GONE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Have one for xbox aswell, Won from Raptr:pac:

First to message me gets it, As I don't use my consoles anymore.

Edit: Gone:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Anyone have an Xbox code I would sure appreciate it.

Cheers lads.

I'm also looking for another xbox one, for my cousin though. If anyone has any, can you PM me please.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I have a ps3 code if anyone wants it PM me

• Advertisement
Advertisement