Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FEEDBACK] any suggestions on how to improve the forum? post them here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭IrishMactire

sci-ops wrote: »
    Probably already mentioned but, any chance we could split the adverts section into something similar to the following:

1. Airsoft Guns -
    a) For Sale
    b) Wanted
    2. Airsoft Gear & Kit - (Talking Vests, pouches etc)
    a) For Sale
    b) Wanted
    3. Airsoft Accessories - (Torches, Sights, Foregrips etc)
    a) For Sale
    b) Wanted

I agree with this. Even if this model wasn't possible something similar would be great. Even something as simple as splitting the Guns from everything else (vests, pouches, torches, sights, foregrips, etc). Or simply splitting Wanted from For Sale would be great. Just anything to make it a bit tidier and a bit easier to find what you want amidst all that which you don't.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

That's the purpose of the thread prefixes...

Just select the prefix at the top, click show threads and Robert's your aunties husband. :)

Splitting the forum won't be a runner imo but if we need more prefixes and there's support for it then I'll consider approaching the admins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

I think there should be a time lock on threads over a month old as in if it hasnt seen any activity it locks itself and only the OP can request it to be unlocked as Ive just seen three uber necro threads in one morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

Is there any chance mods could ask people who are selling/trading to put WILL NOT POST on the start of their threads in a nice visible spot or failing that add the prefix WNP to the thread title,
    It's a fair pain to go reading a list of items for sale/trade make an offer then be told "I will not post".

Everyone has a reason but God knows how these folk get items purchased online sent to them, teleported maybe :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

One thing I'd like changed is the 48hour lockout on your posts...I know it makes sense normally but not on the airsoft adverts...I've one post that I've to update with items sold etc and add in extra pics but it won't allow me to edit the original post as it's past 48hours.

just seen that kevlarman asked for this as well a few pages back...ah well 2 posts looking for the same thing won't do it any harm :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    One thing I'd like changed is the 48hour lockout on your posts...I know it makes sense normally but not on the airsoft adverts...I've one post that I've to update with items sold etc and add in extra pics but it won't allow me to edit the original post as it's past 48hours.

just seen that kevlarman asked for this as well a few pages back...ah well 2 posts looking for the same thing won't do it any harm :D
    Problem with it is that it's a side-wide setting, and can't be changed just for Airsoft Adverts...at least that's what I think Steve said

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Inari wrote: »
    Problem with it is that it's a side-wide setting, and can't be changed just for Airsoft Adverts...at least that's what I think Steve said
    Not 100% sure about that actually - I'll try and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    One thing I'd like changed is the 48hour lockout on your posts...

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lemony tang

can you put in a price range selection. for people who have a budget and have to stick to that. i can be a bit anoying scrolling threw all the pages to find only a few items within your budget? chers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

can you put in a price range selection. for people who have a budget and have to stick to that. i can be a bit anoying scrolling threw all the pages to find only a few items within your budget? chers

then why not use a "wanted" ad?

• Advertisement

thermo wrote: »
    then why not use a "wanted" ad?

Aw Snap! and +1 for the 48hr lockout :D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭kevlarman1

an easier way to post pics,
    with the threads
    ;)

its a bit all over the place

kevlarman1 wrote: »
    an easier way to post pics,
    with the threads
    ;)

its a bit all over the place
    Here's one:
    go to www.wthax.org (it's owned by one of the boards developers so don't abuse it)

Upload your pic there and it gives you the code to post in your thread here, couldn't be simpler. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

I don't know if it is possible but when posters go to start a new ad can they be hit with a reminder of must includes (FPS , price , conditions of sale)

se conman wrote: »
    I don't know if it is possible but when posters go to start a new ad can they be hit with a reminder of must includes (FPS , price , conditions of sale)
    I'd love if that were possible but sadly it's not. We have to work within the vBulletin software that the site uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Eminence

Im not really willing to read 8 pages to see if this was talked about before so if it was just please delete my post. Maybe after completing a deal a user could give feedback on how the deal went from the seller to the buyer and vice versa so that when buying we know when its safe and when to be carefull ?

That's what the user feedback thread is for :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055848045

It's not perfect but it's the best we can do for now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

Just a stupid idea for the feedback thread, but would it not be better for people to just put their negative feedback on there? Perhaps people dont need to know which ops are good, they just need to know the bad apples? If i was to buy/sell something, id like to not go through 50 pages just to find out(i know there is a search function but that doesnt always work).

Just a stupid idea for the feedback thread, but would it not be better for people to just put their negative feedback on there? Perhaps people dont need to know which ops are good, they just need to know the bad apples? If i was to buy/sell something, id like to not go through 50 pages just to find out(i know there is a search function but that doesnt always work).
    It wouldn't better but what would work is if there was a summary of what feedback each poster got rather than gave (gave being the only thing searchable).
    The only way would be to manually create the list and I don't have the time realistically to go through the entire thread right now but if anyone wants to volunteer and help with that then I'll gladly edit a list into the first post and keep it current on a weekly basis :)

one thing Ive noticed lately is people who are new to the whole boards thing altogether or are borowing annother users account to make adds, that in themselves are breaking the rules of contact details or do the whole ebay bid etc etc, and then *poof* gone.... not a word from them for ages and all of a sudden.... sorry ive sold all this elsewhere :mad: Can ye (mods) not just permaban them from this section?

• Advertisement

F.U.B.A.R wrote: »
    one thing Ive noticed lately is people who are new to the whole boards thing altogether or are borowing annother users account to make adds, that in themselves are breaking the rules of contact details or do the whole ebay bid etc etc, and then *poof* gone.... not a word from them for ages and all of a sudden.... sorry ive sold all this elsewhere :mad: Can ye (mods) not just permaban them from this section?
    Yeah, another reason to make this forum 'access only'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

Some way of stopping back seat mods you can only post on an add if your making an offer or asking a question not just butting in for a chat there are plenty of chat sites for that

grapeape wrote: »
    Some way of stopping back seat mods you can only post on an add if your making an offer or asking a question not just butting in for a chat there are plenty of chat sites for that

How would you create/implement a system that sensors what people type? Entialy it would need a powerfull form of software that would negate the need for moderaters :) Other then that you could allow the OP full unlimited control of his/her thread but that could also cause more harm then good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Just a Plinker

Mod firstly thank you for all the haelp, BUT please leave the edit option open on threads, Mine seem to go after a while, As some of us need to shift a bit of gear now and then it would be nice to edit price ? trades etc so it can be seen in the original post,

Again Thank you all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Mod firstly thank you for all the haelp, BUT please leave the edit option open on threads, Mine seem to go after a while, As some of us need to shift a bit of gear now and then it would be nice to edit price ? trades etc so it can be seen in the original post,

Again Thank you all

This is not actually something we can fix as it was discussed before. Its something built into the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

How would you create/implement a system that sensors what people type? Entialy it would need a powerfull form of software that would negate the need for moderaters :) Other then that you could allow the OP full unlimited control of his/her thread but that could also cause more harm then good
    Put it in the rules then the OP can report it and if the person keeps doing it (like one or 2 here do ) the mods can deal with them in their own way be it a temp ban or a full ban

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Just a Plinker

andy_g wrote: »
    This is not actually something we can fix as it was discussed before. Its something built into the system.

Thanks ANDY It is a pity, but such is life lol

Rgds mate

Put it in the rules then the OP can report it and if the person keeps doing it (like one or 2 here do ) the mods can deal with them in their own way be it a temp ban or a full ban

Ive seen people been given out to about it and maybe a holiday was awarded aswell but yeah See your point

Ive seen people been given out to about it and maybe a holiday was awarded aswell but yeah See your point

All this is already covered under the 'no threadspoiling' rule. Technically 'threadspoiling' covers anything that is not asking a question about what's for sale / wanted and would easily encompass back seat modding. Thankfully we (mods) are entitled to apply common sense and discretion so not all cases need attract 'punishment'.

I'd never sanction anyone for, for example, politely pointing out the rules to a new user as that's just being helpful. If, on the other hand, two users who should know better were having a rules debate on thread instead of reporting posts as they know they should then that's different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭White Wolf Airsoft

A live chat because it would help in searching for items Alot because you could say what you want and somebody might have it and they will tell you

Advertisement