Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uefa Cup Groups Stage draw today (Tuesday 11 am)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Wanna say German national team players are worse than these you just wrote?

If you want i will write you some of the names playing in Bundesliga,just to compare....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

It definitely isn't upto the same standard. Thats why 3 Italian teams made it past the group stages of the Champions League, and only 1 German did after Stuttgart and Werder Bremen embarassed themselves, then the only team who did make it through last year got battered 4-0 nil in Madrid by Atletico in qualifying this year, while Bremen can't even beat Anorthosis. The First Round German UEFA Cup results didn't exactly flatter the Bundesliga with glory with Dortmund getting knocked out and a few of the others only scraping through against sides from lesser nations. Yeah I'd say its fair to say that the Bundesliga isn't exactly covering itself with glory when competing with the other European clubs. But don't worry Bayern are back in the Champions League this season to make it look halfway good again.

I am not talking about european games,i am talking about national leagues here,italian teams are way better in euro cups but thats not the point of my talking at the moment

But surely that is the only way of accurately measuring? If you look through the years and it is consistently this way, then its hardly a fluke. I'm not saying that Serie A is prettier to watch or anything but clearly the standard is alot higher if Italian clubs can actually compete when they enter European competitions.

Also to answer your question a little bit back, there has only been 1 Hamburg player in the German squad in the last year. Marcell Jansen, who wasn't even in the most recent squads. Wikipedia is such a nice tool:D

When i mentioned german players i said it for the league not precisely for Hamburg....

And yes,Bundesliga is definitly better and prettier to watch than Serie A,i actually dont like their style at all,and i think their defencive style is the reason they are having more success

When i mentioned german players i said it for the league not precisely for Hamburg....

And yes,Bundesliga is definitly better and prettier to watch than Serie A,i actually dont like their style at all,and i think their defencive style is the reason they are having more success

None of what you're saying is untrue, but none of it gives any real reason why Villa should be expected to finish behind Hamburg.

And i dont see the reason why should Hamburg finish behind Villa

Players like Ashley Young, John Carew and Gareth Barry are streets ahead of anything Hamburg have.

Thats your opinion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

DSB wrote: »
    why Villa should be expected to finish behind Hamburg.

because we play hamburg in germany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

4 massive games in a row for us in November that could decide our season -

Arsenal (H)
    Schalke (A)
    Man United (H)
    PSG (H)

Could be exciting!

Advertisement