Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession Busters - Vote Out the Worst County in Ireland!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Oh look, this thread again.

I predict the sh*tstorm to kick off on page 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Limerick. Bye bye special olympics. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

Cork, coz we'd manage better on our own:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Dublin is winning which means a thread lock is imminent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Galway, bunch of pompous prigs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Has to be Carlow, thats the county that I hear mentioned every now and then and think 'Oh yeah, Carlow, I forgot that was there'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Until i was a few years i always thought carlow was just a town - it doesnt seem worthy of 'county' status

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Keithm89 wrote: »
    Until i was a few years i always thought carlow was just a town - it doesnt seem worthy of 'county' status

I feel bad for getting rid of Laois now. Oh, well, no-one's gonna complain - they don't have access to the web there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

To the people who voted dublin watch out, if you vote for another county its a bit of craic but if you vote dublin its downright offensive(!)
    Dublin is winning which means a thread lock is imminent.

Don't use this thread as a platform to complain about getting banned in another forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Has to be Carlow, thats the county that I hear mentioned every now and then and think 'Oh yeah, Carlow, I forgot that was there'

Adds name to banenemies list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Dublin, full of west-brits and scumbags:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

donegal said no and voted no to lisbon, they voted themselves out of concensus:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Your just talking about a part of your body is all :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

x PyRo wrote: »
    Why are people voting for Leitrim ?! As pointless a county as we are we're probably the cheapest one to run. You people fail at hypothetical cutbacks!
    well the title says vote out the worst county, not the cheapest one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

There's going to be an overwhelming reply for Dublin because, even though it's the center of commerce for the nation, everybody else from the country has a massive chip on their shoulder because they're not from there and in true Irish begrudgery, will hate it.

Edit: Donegal. The one county that didn't vote in the Lisbon treaty, shows how out of sync with the rest of the country they are.

we have a plan

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

bye leitrim! Oh how little we knew ye

somebody forgot about louth til the end eh

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Why go for just Dublin if we have the chance to get rid of the province?
    Leinster to sea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

It can't be Cavan. They are tight people and as such they are less likely to spend beyond their means. A credit card is simply a tool of the devil around them parts. We need their fiscal responsibility (tightness) in the years to come.

I voted for Kildare. It is nothing but a commuter county for Dublin and I imagine there are a lot living there who are up to their eyeballs in mortgage debt for houses that were/are grossly overpriced and so far out of Dublin. Wipe it off the face of the Earth. Also it will destroy our horse racing industry which gets massively disproportionate amounts of money from the Dept. of Tourism, Culture and Sport considering it is quite an elitist sport like Sailing also, i.e. not everyone can go take part. Horse racing and its lesser form, Greyhound racing currently receive a quarter of the Sports budget expenditure. So for those reasons I think Kildare should be demolished.

P.S Laois is a close second for not having built a bypass around Abbeyleix. God damn mutha-****ing traffic jams!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How would voting out Dublin solve the recession though? That's where all the finance is generated. Get rid of Dublin and Ireland reverts to a 1900s basket case.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

D-Generate wrote: »
    P.S Laois is a close second for not having built a bypass around Abbeyleix. God damn mutha-****ing traffic jams!!!
    abbeyleix bypass opens in about a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Cork as there always going on about being a peoples republic!

They had a chance when it was flooded last year to float off and become there own country but they didnt take it,

They could just float in the atlantic and tell people that there from cork all day they'd be in there element

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭merengueca

I would have voted for Dublin, but there's too many culchies there doing all the hard work & they need the jobs.

I voted West Meath as it is in the midlands, and borders Longford, Roscommon, Offaly, Meath & Cavan. That way, if we get rid of it, all the roads that go from these counties will lead to a big hole into which a lot of the nutters from the midlands will dissapear.

I thought it was quite clever. :D

See, thats just mean!
    Offaly. The home of Brian Cowen AND Neil Delamere. I hope that says it all:D
    Seeing as all the country folk are voting for Dublin, let us all Dubs vote for Cork.

If Cork and Dublin tie and both are kicked out Limerick will be the new capital and that will be our best revenge;):p

Or maybe it'll be Tullamore..... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Surprise, surprise, the anti-Dublin brigade is out in force.

It's not our fault that it's the capital of the country.

Bring on the Dublin vs Everywhere else...

P.S I voted for Leitrim. I honestly can't think of anything positive it's ever done, or anyone positive to come from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Get rid of Dublin and Ireland reverts to a 1900s basket case.

Yes, but there will be comely maidens dancing at the crossroads. :D

(i.e. not fat scangers in pyjamas and hoop earrings ...bye, bye Dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

How would voting out Dublin solve the recession though? That's where all the finance is generated. Get rid of Dublin and Ireland reverts to a 1900s basket case.

A brand new CBD with actual planning involved in it's formulation Instead of 10 main roads and a couple of parks mushed into the middle of the world's largest council estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

It has to be Cork. It's time become an independent republic now; cut off all links with the Republic of Ireland and the fúcked eurozone. We can have our 'Langer Currency' then.. with Keane, Sonia, Collins, Lynch et al. on the notes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Since the wise decision to get rid of Laois (possibly the most depressing county in Ireland) Offaly gets my vote. It's just such an absolute nothing county-only good thing there is the road to Dublin:P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

As a Dubliner, I voted for Dublin.

See how long the rest last without being able to leech off us.

I'd also be curious to see what culchies would whinge about without being able to trot out the anti-Dublin crap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement