Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession Busters - Vote Out the Worst County in Ireland!

Options
  • 23-05-2010 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

That's the idea - to save a few quid, it's time to vote for which counties should be jettisoned out into the ocean, kicked out of the country, sent off like a sad dog with it's tail between it's legs.

The country is up the financial sh*tter & it's time for cut backs, real cut backs & there are some counties we just can't afford anymore, so let's vote the sh*tiest ones out for good.

Results will be sent to the Dail for official purposes.

Poll to follow - please note that as there are only 25 options allowed on all poll options, the 6 counties up North are not included & I had to wipe out 1 county to fit. I chose Laois, as no-one really knows where it is or what purpose it serves.

I would like to get rid of.... 187 votes

Carlow
    0% 0 votes
    Cavan
    0% 1 vote
    Clare
    4% 9 votes
    Cork
    0% 1 vote
    Donegal
    14% 28 votes
    Dublin
    2% 4 votes
    Galway
    26% 49 votes
    Kerry
    0% 1 vote
    Kildare
    1% 3 votes
    Kilkenny
    1% 2 votes
    Leitrim
    5% 10 votes
    Limerick
    10% 19 votes
    Longford
    4% 9 votes
    Mayo
    4% 9 votes
    Meath
    2% 5 votes
    Monaghan
    1% 3 votes
    Offaly
    1% 2 votes
    Roscommon
    3% 6 votes
    Sligo
    5% 10 votes
    Tipperary
    2% 4 votes
    Waterford
    1% 3 votes
    Westmeath
    1% 2 votes
    Wexford
    2% 5 votes
    Wicklow
    0% 1 vote
    Louth
    0% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

That's the idea - to save a few quid, it's time to vote for which counties should be jettisoned out into the ocean, kicked out of the country, sent off like a sad dog with it's tail between it's legs.

The country is up the financial sh*tter & it's time for cut backs, real cut backs & there are some counties we just can't afford anymore, so let's vote the sh*tiest ones out for good.

Results will be sent to the Dail for official purposes.

Poll to follow - please note that as there are only 25 options allowed on all poll options, the 6 counties up North are not included & I had to wipe out 1 county to fit. I chose Laois, as no-one really knows where it is or what purpose it serves.
    Do we get a two for one then? IE: Laois gone automatically and another of our choice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ilovecats

Offaly - No brainer. Or Meath the dirty scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

It's gotta be Dublin hasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Only one county?
    Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

Offaly. The home of Brian Cowen AND Neil Delamere. I hope that says it all:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

There's going to be an overwhelming reply for Dublin because, even though it's the center of commerce for the nation, everybody else from the country has a massive chip on their shoulder because they're not from there and in true Irish begrudgery, will hate it.

Edit: Donegal. The one county that didn't vote in the Lisbon treaty, shows how out of sync with the rest of the country they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Nevore wrote: »
    Do we get a two for one then? IE: Laois gone automatically and another of our choice?

Yep - Laois is already gone. Consider it as nuked to kingdom come (not that anybody will really notice).

There's going to be an overwhelming reply for Dublin because, even though it's the center of commerce for the nation, everybody else from the country has a massive chip on their shoulder because they're not from there and in true Irish begrudgery, will hate it.

Edit: Donegal. The one county that didn't vote in the Lisbon treaty, shows how out of sync with the rest of the country they are.

Way to go Donegal

• Advertisement

Yep - Laois is already gone. Consider it as nuked to kingdom come (not that anybody will really notice).

That explains the death of the LNA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

I had to wipe out 1 county to fit. I chose Laois, as no-one really knows where it is or what purpose it serves.

Electric Picnic is in Laois :(

I would have voted for Dublin, but there's too many culchies there doing all the hard work & they need the jobs.

I voted West Meath as it is in the midlands, and borders Longford, Roscommon, Offaly, Meath & Cavan. That way, if we get rid of it, all the roads that go from these counties will lead to a big hole into which a lot of the nutters from the midlands will dissapear.

I thought it was quite clever. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Ah cumon- who voted for Louth - sure itd hardly make any difference

Electric Picnic is in Laois :(

Not anymore it's not.

Keithm89 wrote: »
    Ah cumon- who voted for Louth - sure itd hardly make any difference

*whistles nonchalantly* :cool:

• Moderators Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Cavan, Nothing really goes on there.

Not anymore it's not.

Think of all the tax money it brings in.....got to be better value than.....:cool:....erm......other places....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Roscommon I guess.

Has anyone ever been down there lately?

Maybe someone should go down and check, just to make sure everything's okay and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Cavan for obvious reasons :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Why are people voting for Leitrim ?! As pointless a county as we are we're probably the cheapest one to run. You people fail at hypothetical cutbacks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Cavan,dunno why really.

And leave Donegal alone,so what if we voted no to Lisbon,we only done it to get noticed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

To the people who voted dublin watch out, if you vote for another county its a bit of craic but if you vote dublin its downright offensive(!)

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Roscommon I guess.

Maybe someone should go down and check, just to make sure everything's okay and stuff.

I was there 3 weekends ago for the Turf Throwing Competition & Festival. It was mighty craic.

(I am 100% serious - it was in Fairgreen, Market Street, Ballaghaderreen)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Kilkenny, THE BASTARDS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I was there 3 weekends ago for the Turf Throwing Competition & Festival. It was mighty craic.

(I am 100% serious - it was in Fairgreen, Market Street, Ballaghaderreen)

LOL :D

Not one bit surprised, I drove through it once, trying to find my way to Tipperary and all I could see for miles was bogland :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Flood the midlands and turn it into a gigantic fish farm. Aren't of any use to anyone as they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Roscommon I guess.

we are fine, tanx for asking though

i agree we should become our own country, the republic of roscommon has a nice ring to it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Seeing as all the country folk are voting for Dublin, let us all Dubs vote for Cork.

If Cork and Dublin tie and both are kicked out Limerick will be the new capital and that will be our best revenge;):p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

Louth=Drawwwwwwda=OUT YOU GO

Elaboration unnecessary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement