Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

No way! Is there any difference between the original and the reprint as far as you know?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,870 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    No way! Is there any difference between the original and the reprint as far as you know?

There shouldn't be, the ones these guys reprinted have been the original releases. Persona 2 and Ninja 5-O sold out in less than an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sera wrote: »

Definitely picking this up for sure. Is the game content any different from the PAL version? Like any scenes cut from the game or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Definitely picking this up for sure. Is the game content any different from the PAL version? Like any scenes cut from the game or anything?

I don't think there's any region difference afaik

Sera wrote: »
    I don't think there's any region difference afaik

Fantastic! I'll have to get a swap disc as well for the time being.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm still not convinced there was ever a genuine English manual/pal edition released, everything says no barring some unconfirmed comments on forums.
    More likely it's the European one with the US manual.
    It is an interesting game and I normally chalk the lousy combat up to lead not being supposed to a fighter

I thought it got a limited UK release, no?

I thought it got a limited UK release, no?
    I thought so until it was banned for condoning child abuse or something? usually you'd get a pal version from like France, think it still sold elsewhere in Europe.

Yeah any of the pal copies that come up on eBay are always from mainland Europe so maybe it didn't get a UK release

Master of the Universe

Keep in mind that European games tend to be the same. One disc and box for Europe with a language selection on the first screen.

So it's possible it was withdrawn from the UK shelves but released on mainland Europe - the same box/disc/manual in both cases.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,870 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It wasn't actually banned as far as I recall. The daily mail kicked up a stink that the game was all about underage lesbians (which is isn't about at all) and the publisher refused to release it in the UK which meant Ireland didn't get copies as well since we got our supply from the UK. There were review copies sent out though.

It's really strange what games the conservatives jump on. Rule of Rose, an obscure arthouse game exploring the cruelty that young girls can exhibit gets lambasted and jumped on while Persona 3 a game about teenagers summoning demons by shooting themselves in the head gets a free pass.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Plus Retr0,
    You probably have to import underage lesbian games from Japan!
    Except there they are called "games"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

So that Rule of Rose relaunch thingy, is that likely to be a collectible? What is the quality of it likely to be in terms of printwork etc? Why hasn't it sold out already?

EnterNow wrote: »
    So that Rule of Rose relaunch thingy, is that likely to be a collectible? What is the quality of it likely to be in terms of printwork etc? Why hasn't it sold out already?

I'd say it'll bring the prices on eBay down a bit and would depend on how many are going to be re-printed. Quality should be good and like the original.

Cool, might be worth a punt so? What region is this likely to be, NTSC-U?

Master of the Universe

It hasn't sold out already because it hasn't gone on sale yet ;)

So yeah, it'll have the opposite reaction - devaluing the currently collectable original copies. Especially if there's no difference in the packaging.

Well that didn't really happen with Persona 2 or Ninja 5-O.

Rule of Rose is an incredibly hard game to find in English. I can see it selling very fast and still holding it's value.

The reprint will be the same quality as the original release if the last few are anything to go by.

Master of the Universe

I never really thought Rule of Rose was that hard to find to be honest. If you extend your search to ebay France/Germany/Spain then they always pop up.

Were as cheap as €30-€40 until not too long ago. (Didn't Ciderdude get one from France for about that price?)

Will definitely be picking up one of these reprints though, kind of silly not to given how cheap they are!

I'm not worried about it's value, don't think I'd ever sell it on, wanted it for years but always missed out.
    Will definitely be picking up one of these reprints though, kind of silly not to given how cheap they are!
    exactly! and CAD is cheaper than Euro, I think it was €19ish including postage

I know a lot here frown on buying sealed games as an investment/collection piece, but something like this I'd prob buy & leave it sealed in the hopes it becomes worth something. Might bite the bullet on it...

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I know a lot here frown on buying sealed games as an investment/collection piece, but something like this I'd prob buy & leave it sealed in the hopes it becomes worth something. Might bite the bullet on it...

**** it, business is business :pac:

**** it, business is business :pac:

I've a handful of still sealed games, & I do get a weird satisfaction of owning them. I don't really sell my stuff, short of doubles, so it's not as if I'd be buying to make money on it...it's an odd one :) Still have a sealed Ltd Edition Skyward Sword with gold wiimote etc, just can't bring myself to open it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

I've a handful of still sealed games, & I do get a weird satisfaction of owning them. I don't really sell my stuff, short of doubles, so it's not as if I'd be buying to make money on it...it's an odd one :) Still have a sealed Ltd Edition Skyward Sword with gold wiimote etc, just can't bring myself to open it :o

must get it, having a modded ps2 comes in hand xD.

I have Skyward Sword as well, trading it for res 0 *gc* + 40e, not bad considering extra vision still sells have a few for 50e a pop.

Flaregon wrote: »
    must get it, having a modded ps2 comes in hand xD.

I have Skyward Sword as well, trading it for res 0 *gc* + 40e, not bad considering extra vision still sells have a few for 50e a pop.

You're trading Skyward Sword + €40 for Resident Evil 0 on the GC??

You're trading Skyward Sword + €40 for Resident Evil 0 on the GC??
    No
    my

zelda = there 40 + res 0

No
    my

zelda = there 40 + res 0

Ah, better :)

I never really thought Rule of Rose was that hard to find to be honest. If you extend your search to ebay France/Germany/Spain then they always pop up.

Were as cheap as €30-€40 until not too long ago. (Didn't Ciderdude get one from France for about that price?)

Yup, got it a reasonable price and it wasn't the only one either.
    Trick seems to be to check eBay.fr/de/nl and the rest of the European regions and , if necessary, message the seller about shipping to the Emerald isle.

Ah, better :)
    Friend wanted sealed zelda,its worth 60-100e ebay *payed 50*
    res 0 = 15 + 40 = 55

so it was a great trade for both of us.

Is it the collectors edition with wiimote, or the normal case version? Just trying to figure what mine is worth at the mo

• Advertisement

Is it the collectors edition with wiimote, or the normal case version? Just trying to figure what mine is worth at the mo
    Wii mote 1, there worth quite a bit sealed.

Wii mote 1, there worth quite a bit sealed.

Yeah just looking here now, average price for sealed ones is in or around £80/£90. I think they were around €70ish here when new. It'll never be worth a fortune though. I seen a few VGA graded normal copies too going for the usual ridiculous prices :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I have 7 sealed games. Fzero for snes, bit trip saga, Shinobi, Pokemon rumble, starwing 3ds, street fighter 3ds and best of all Aagorn's Quest on DS.
    3 of those I got a few days ago and will probably open in next few days.

Master of the Universe

Only sealed game I have is Tempo for the 32X. And I bought it thinking it was cart only so I could test out a region mod. :D

I've Final Fantasy Anthology, Final Fantasy VIII, X-2 sealed. F-Zero, Skyward Sword, & a few others which I've forgotten. I wouldn't mind opening the newer stuff I suppose, but from PS2 back prob not as it's gotten this far :o

Master of the Universe

Final Fantasy VIII sealed? I'm sure there's a nutter out there somewhere who'd give you €100 for that.

• Advertisement

Final Fantasy VIII sealed? I'm sure there's a nutter out there somewhere who'd give you €100 for that.

Yeah it's one of the awkward ones to price as there's not many sealed ones selling to be able to price. I think Retr0 reckoned in or around €100 before too

For a sealed FFVIII? I'd say you'd be looking at far more than 100. There's plenty of idiotic FF fans that will spend a lot on it. Sure there's some that would spend actual money on Legend of Dragoon :)

I have Pikmin on the Gamecube sealed and Leisure suit larry on the 360 too, mainly because I've no interest in playing it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Tombi-1-and-2-rare-PlayStation-ps1-psx-games-/130971285775?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item1e7e7f390f

some people have money to burn, definitely not worth €200, even if they are in great nick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Tombi-1-and-2-rare-PlayStation-ps1-psx-games-/130971285775?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item1e7e7f390f

some people have money to burn, definitely not worth €200, even if they are in great nick.

Those games were up for buy it now for 140 a while back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I have more sealed games than I should admit; fallout 3, final fantasy vi (gba), donkey kong country returns on wii, oracina of time 3ds, resident evil revelations 3ds but I'll probably end up playing that one soon. Have some more as well... If I could buy time I'd unwrap it straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I have Pikmin on the Gamecube sealed and Leisure suit larry on the 360 too, mainly because I've no interest in playing it. :pac:

Swap you for Donkey Konga 1 sealed :pac:
    Think its my only sealed game as its a duplicate. Had Super ghouls and ghosts and Fire Emblem sacred stones sealed up until my little cousins decided to have a root through my games about 6 years ago. Now have Super Ghouls and Ghosts box and manual with no cart and an open Fire Emblem. Gave me an excuse to play FE again though so that was ok. Never did find that Ghouls cart though :(

Pikmin 1, Prince of Persia two thrones, Res 2,3 and CV and Luigis Mansionare the only things I think I'm missing from my beloved cube collection :D (well maybe Twilight princess and the players choice silver boxed Smash Bros annoys me as its the only one I have.

EDIT:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fire-Emblem-The-Sacred-Stones-for-Nintendo-Game-Boy-Advance-Factory-Sealed-/271252955976?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3f27efa348

FFS now I'm heading to bed in a bad mood
    never mind 50-70 quid in completed listings.. where did that guy pull 400+ from. Crazy people be crazy.

Someone has half-inched my copy of SSBB!
    And I have a mate for whom I bought LoZ:TP for the cube when it was released and it's just sitting there in his place....
    I haven't seen him in a year.... Is it BSD taste to call him and "steer" the conversation towards Zelda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

No think it's the Platinum Version I have unfortunately. Still, £90 ain't bad...

that'll buy you 1 Xbox One game :rolleyes:

So did anyone bite on the Rule of Rose Rebuild preorders?

So did anyone bite on the Rule of Rose Rebuild preorders?

Not yet, I'm broke till Friday :(

Master of the Universe

Bottom of the page says -

This product will be in stock on Friday 13 September, 2013.

So you still have plenty of time :)

Oh wait, I see they're up for preorder now. ****, better nab one soon!

Yeah feck it, preordered one :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement