Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options
19596979899101»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blueberrypie

I am hoping to do a bit of research here with UCC students.
    Is there a barbers, beauty salon or hairdresser on campus?
    Would you avail of any of the services if they were available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

The nearest that I am aware of is a barbers that is between Daybreak Convenience Store and Kiwi Cafe. It's a small place that doesn't seem to do any advertising or anything and I have no idea who is in there, but I've never seen anyone actually in there...

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

A bookies would be handy too.

bookies, lol.

I just saw on another post that I shouldn't be using boards as a personal research tool.
    Apologies before I get given out to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dave47

yenom wrote: »
    A bookies would be handy too.

theres this new thing called online betting that might interest you lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Counting down the days to when college starts!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭maughantourig

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Counting down the days to when college starts!!!!

Same here :) Can't wait to be back in cork! Think I might join one the martial arts clubs for the craic :D

Same here :) Can't wait to be back in cork! Think I might join one the martial arts clubs for the craic :D

looking at the clubs myself :D so much choice, while i loved the college of commerce here in cork, i think i'm gonna love UCC even more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭maughantourig

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    looking at the clubs myself :D so much choice, while i loved the college of commerce here in cork, i think i'm gonna love UCC even more

If i wasn't on the committee on the archery club, i'd try and join two new clubs, but i think i'll be happy if i can manage one more :p

• Advertisement

waiting for my email from ucc this morning so i can confirm my subject choices. a big deal to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Does anybody know why the horse racing society stopped selling match tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Chances are there was just someone in there who was doing it as they had some form of tie to the ticket sellers and they've moved on!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Hi,

I am attending a day course at :
    Brookfield Health Science Complex, University College Cork.

I notice there is a Pay & Display 2 euro/hour car park.

Could anyone suggest any other possible Car Park?

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭AnMuinteoirOg

Hi,

I am attending a day course at :
    Brookfield Health Science Complex, University College Cork.

I notice there is a Pay & Display 2 euro/hour car park.

Could anyone suggest any other possible Car Park?

Thanks a mill

There's a car park just after Dennehys Cross on the right going towards UCC. Its free but you need to be there before 8 to be sure of a space.

Theres another one next to the Kingsley Hotel on the Carrigrohane road. Its a fiver for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ciara18

Hi just wondering if anyone could tell me the walking distance between the brookfield accomodation and the brookfield health sciences complex? Guessing very close as they are both 'Brookfield' but a walking estimate would be great, thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

ciara18 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone could tell me the walking distance between the brookfield accomodation and the brookfield health sciences complex? Guessing very close as they are both 'Brookfield' but a walking estimate would be great, thanks a lot.

About Four minutes. Depends which end of each you need to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LNMCC

I'm in incoming first year into UCC and have been offered accomodation at Victoria Lodge.. I don't hear many things about it; whether it's good or not.. Should I accept the place or find something else? I was thinking Brookfield otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Aoi

LNMCC wrote: »
    I'm in incoming first year into UCC and have been offered accomodation at Victoria Lodge.. I don't hear many things about it; whether it's good or not.. Should I accept the place or find something else? I was thinking Brookfield otherwise

I would say go for it. Places to live in Cork are few and far between. You won't be guaranteed to get a place anyway.

If you got something take it. Accommodation is tough to find these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 LNMCC

True, getting it was hard enough!

What's it like to live there? I hardly know anyone who's been to Cork for college who knows what it's like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

My sister is finishing Masters research this autumn. Any recommendations on where to get the final version typed up and bound (needs to be soft bound copies). Not from Cork so looking for a bit of guidance in this.

Copy Print Cork on Washington Street will do it, they'd be used to the UCC style. I think the place on college road across from the main entrance will do it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

Just wondering is UCC open tomorrow? Just wondering will I make the trek in or not

TheBully wrote: »
    Just wondering is UCC open tomorrow? Just wondering will I make the trek in or not

Open as normal, unless things change dramatically overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

The replies to this tweet from UCC's Tyndall Institute are priceless!

https://twitter.com/TyndallInstitut/status/1235534602820861952

• Registered Users Posts: 3 horganne20

So anyone knows when UCC Xmas day is this year? 😂😝

Advertisement